What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

the question is:

the question is - is turkey able to build smoothbore tank guns on her own? instead of using the 120mm/L55 for the Altay - and if not - is turkey working on something similar?

there were Rh prototypes for a 140mm tank gun:
"The cannon should have a muzzle energy of 20 megajoules (MJ), which would have meant a doubling of the muzzle energy compared to the L / 44."

turkey shouldn't use kanons that are slowly becoming obsolete...

I sayed that thousand times. Turkey first need modernize all leo2a4s and acv-30 ifv's after that cancel altay p1 and re design turret with a unmanned version. Also integrate the tank italian iveco 1300 hp or british caterpillar 1200 hp. After that altay must be re design like a armata. Without huge weight gap of manned turret 1200-1300 hp licenced turret can run this tank enoughly.

But most important, Turkey, Britain, İtaly, Korea and maybe Ukraine must make reasearch co-operation for design rheinmetall 130mm gun and mtu 1600 hp class engine. Without thats challenger, altay,ariete,oplot and k2 have no chance againts MGCS and Armata 152mm version.

I dont think so Frenchs and Germans will give this new engine and cannon anyone without win all available contracts in the world.

I sayed that thousand times. Turkey first need modernize all leo2a4s and acv-30 ifv's after that cancel altay p1 and re design turret with a unmanned version. Also integrate the tank italian iveco 1300 hp or british caterpillar 1200 hp. After that altay must be re design like a armata. Without huge weight gap of manned turret 1200-1300 hp licenced turret can run this tank enoughly.

But most important, Turkey, Britain, İtaly, Korea and maybe Ukraine must make reasearch co-operation for design rheinmetall 130mm gun and mtu 1600 hp class engine. Without thats challenger, altay,ariete,oplot and k2 have no chance againts MGCS and Armata 152mm version.

I dont think so Frenchs and Germans will give this new engine and cannon anyone without win all available contracts in the world.
Use the korean engine for your tanks, maybe could be done. You do not need to redesign Altay most likely.

huh.... is this true ?

100 Altay to Qatar ?

This is one of the reason of the embargo, if you take a closer look on what tank Qatar is using you will understand why they were not happy about it . They are other reasons too for the embargo but this in particular didn't helped our case.

Transmission is still the biggest issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom