What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

People who talk about BMC's tender offer being cheaper absolutely dont know what they are talking about. Lets see if you can win the Nuclear Reactor construction tender, by giving half the price with respect to all your competitors with your shitty regular construction firm; you will definitely not. Everybody knows this BMC stuff is all about political and everyone in their right mind knows that BMC never had the preparation or credentials to earn the right to produce Altay tanks given their expertise, experience and production abilities about manufacturing tanks. You dont get to earn this kind of huge tender without showing your ability, expertise or readiness for this kind of huge responsibility and workload. That is why i doubt the intelligence or sincerity of anyone claiming that BMC was the right company to give the responsibility of producing Altay tanks. Just accept it, Altay project is doomed unless a major intervention is applied.

true but half of turkey is and was in this state

in turkey you get your job because a friend or family member brings you in this position.. lets just say a big portion of jobs are done this way.. for those who think elsewhere its done too yes here in germany you need vitamin b (family members, friends, ppl you know) but its a very different vitamin you need also the skills without skills they will choose the better one unlikly in turkey so if you have ppl in germany who are almost equal or the vitamin b one is just a little bit worser than someone else, they choose the vitamin b guy, but if he is a big portion worser than you, they will almost never choose him..

we get to get rid of that thinking.. it does not matter what political views this guy has (except terrorists or equal kind) let him be MHP, CHP; AKP or else.. let him be libaral or right wing! will that affect his ability to work? no! if he goes to the mosque it will not affect his work quaity nor wont it affect his work quality if he does not go to the mosque! let him be vergetarian you dont have to eat his food! if a new political leaders arrives he will fill the area with his ppl and his workers.. this is how it works in turkey and that is why we are not going forward ppl need to forget koc moc bmc .. its like tribal thinking..

in almost every field this is done like this is my friend , family member or my fathers was this that big guy so I got this job.. the good thing is its not worse like in other countries around us.. but do you want yourself to be compared with them?

People who talk about BMC's tender offer being cheaper absolutely dont know what they are talking about. Lets see if you can win the Nuclear Reactor construction tender, by giving half the price with respect to all your competitors with your shitty regular construction firm; you will definitely not. Everybody knows this BMC stuff is all about political and everyone in their right mind knows that BMC never had the preparation or credentials to earn the right to produce Altay tanks given their expertise, experience and production abilities about manufacturing tanks. You dont get to earn this kind of huge tender without showing your ability, expertise or readiness for this kind of huge responsibility and workload. That is why i doubt the intelligence or sincerity of anyone claiming that BMC was the right company to give the responsibility of producing Altay tanks. Just accept it, Altay project is doomed unless a major intervention is applied.
1) All the engineers who worked on Altay were employed by BMC

2) the delay is because of the engine problem so turkey is now stuck and can't do anything about the project untill a domestic engine is ready

3) It's Turkey's first tank ever even veteran and experienced countries face delays of years to deliver their latest tanks like Russia for example which it's latest tank still hasn't begun serial or mass production in numbers so be patient such projects consume time and money that is why very few countries get this far and succeed

You guys said the same thing about Istanbul airport.

Foreign Money to fill the gap of incompetent policies, drained finance, non-experience ...

Meantime; Syria, Iraq, Agean & Med.Seas and Cyprus(let alone recently-buil bases on foreign countries) are boiling up than ever.

Unfortunate, Some as always think of their ''throne'' with cheap exuses like no urgent etc. despite lethal costs experienced recently due to the same cheap mentality, and some others still go into argue with those for the sake of the country and nation...

Wake Up! They do not care You, the Nation and Country... just like insect behaviour... worship the queen no matter what happens the rest and the nest.

Last edited:
I agree that we should agree to disagree on things like the reason for preference of BMC and priority of the altay project in face of other projects going on then, but I must point out that if the opinion of one random guy on the internet “clarifies everything” for you, you probably have a very narrow outlook in life. Just something to think about. Personally for me your opinion holds very little weight (nothing personal, this is just how I form an opinion), I would have to take hundreds of opinions before things become things become clear for me.
Your statements doesnt clarify anything about the project,its just clarifies where and how you do stand about the project and that further effects how i perceive your claims about the project itself.
Good talk ,thanks.

germany? what a good argument when we have many many parts from germany.. lets just mention one

THE ENGINE

you said it good

so you think altay will put you in a place where you are not leaning of germany?

what a joke! our own engine will take time and I think we are not gonna see altay until its ready..

Koreans are running their own engines and transmission systems, in a similar tank to ours . Korea is way more friendly to us than Germans are being. We are not obliged to have mtu engines,we could get our first batch from korea, and pay a little more for a tech transfer,why not? We have already get it done for the tank itself.

yes i think,if engines are going truly local ,if BMC is not receiving concultancy of German companies, we would be more independent.

Foreign Money to fill the gap of incompetent policies, drained finance, non-experience ...

Meantime; Syria, Iraq, Agean & Med.Seas and Cyprus(let alone recently-buil bases on foreign countries) are boiling up than ever.

Unfortunate, Some as always think of their ''throne'' with cheap exuses like no urgent etc. despite lethal costs experienced recently due to the same cheap mentality, and some others still go into argue with those for the sake of the country and nation...

Wake Up! They do not care You, the Nation and Country... just like insect behaviour... worship the queen no matter what happens the rest and the nest.
It was never different.. We have some groups and all worship their mother queen the same way
Your statements doesnt clarify anything about the project,its just clarifies where and how you do stand about the project and that further effects how i perceive your claims about the project itself.
Good talk ,thanks.

Koreans are running their own engines and transmission systems, in a similar tank to ours . Korea is way more friendly to us than Germans are being. We are not obliged to have mtu engines,we could get our first batch from korea, and pay a little more for a tech transfer,why not? We have already get it done for the tank itself.

yes i think,if engines are going truly local ,if BMC is not receiving concultancy of German companies, we would be more independent.

I think the koreans are using a licence produced version of MTU ngine? I dont think they could give us tech transfer for that part

Let's not fool ourself we can't build high quality engines in such a short time... we should have take the MTU and slowly develop our own ones.
Since ~2+ years the Tank is ready for serial production but the engine "project" didn't even started... are we building our own ones? or jointly produce with the Italians?

Good that we didn't make this mistake with TF-X.

Let's not fool ourself we can't build high quality engines in such a short time... we should have take the MTU and slowly develop our own ones.
Since ~2+ years the Tank is ready for serial production but the engine "project" didn't even started... are we building our own ones? or jointly produce with the Italians?

Good that we didn't make this mistake with TF-X.

years ago I pointed out the stupidity to not start an engine project simultaniously with the altay project and how foolish it was to go for austrian engine help.. I would have take those german mtu engine and reverse engineer it (yeah material research is also needed I know)

they need MTU engine for the first batch but I do know know if germans are gonna diliver it..

It was never different.. We have some groups and all worship their mother queen the same way

I think the koreans are using a licence produced version of MTU ngine? I dont think they could give us tech transfer for that part
First batch was mtu ,new batch is with their local engine.
If it was licensed by mtu ,i suppose koreans wouldnt have any issues about the engine during acceptance tests.
Considering korea doesnt mind to sell the tank, to the peruvian army i suppose there isnt any limitation even if its licenced as you have claimed.

Last edited:
IMG_9165.JPG

All you need to know about Turkish Tanks is here!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom