What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

even I can make Altay if I win the bid. Defence Industry presidency(SSB) owns the tank's IP. SSB will share every technical aspects with BMC, they won't discover america again. Beside that BMC hired many Otokar engineers who worked for Altay's development.

even I can make Altay if I win the bid. Defence Industry presidency(SSB) owns the tank's IP. SSB will share every technical aspects with BMC, they won't discover america again. Beside that BMC hired many Otokar engineers who worked for Altay's development.

Also many sub-components still come from Otokar.

If you've watched the video where RTE and others from the defence industry are testing out several defence equipment and such, you'll hear that the RTE is pointing out that there are still some people or companies in Turkey who're not willing to participate in AKP and RTE "patriotic" project. I don't know if it's because these companies don't see any profit in the endeavor, or because they will just be a supplier and companies like BMC will run off with the prize and recognition.

But if what you are saying correct and BMC was promised the Altay, and BMC is headhunting Koc engineers to be able to build the tank, then I can only understand the unwillingness to be another chess piece in AKP and RTE game.

Even if it's a political tool making a fair competition is very important. Especially if you want to be able to business with the smart people afterwards.

If you've watched the video where RTE and others from the defence industry are testing out several defence equipment and such, you'll hear that the RTE is pointing out that there are still some people or companies in Turkey who're not willing to participate in AKP and RTE "patriotic" project. I don't know if it's because these companies don't see any profit in the endeavor, or because they will just be a supplier and companies like BMC will run off with the prize and recognition.
Today I have read that VW thinks of partnership with Ford in electric cars also considers a new factory for Skoda in Bulgaria or in Turkey.
You know Ford means Koç grup in Turkey. I was sad when koc group didnt take a place in Turkey's electric car but now I cant blame them. if you have opportunity to have partnership with ford and VW about electric cars ,you can choose them. This is also logic move for Turkey which increase potential of Turkey. This is the business.
For me I was sad when Altay project was given to Otokar because I thought FNSS was the best. But with Altay project we have increased Otokar's engineering capacity. Bmc will product tank but it wont change the ability of Otokar and this is the business too.

You - Turkey.

My suspicion is, BMC is not able to produce it on its own.
We all will see.
In the end if BMC fails, it will be not BMC but Turkey who will have lost time/money/tank.
Even RBSS partner Rheinmetall helps in production, there is always a possibility of being put under embargo by German government.

We all will see.
In the end if BMC fails, it will be not BMC but Turkey who will have lost time/money/tank.
Even RBSS partner Rheinmetall helps in production, there is always a possibility of being put under embargo by German government.
No. That's a myth. The German government has no power whatsoever to block or sanction this project once it's finished. I'm sick and tired of people claiming this again and again. It's simply not true.

No. That's a myth. The German government has no power whatsoever to block or sanction this project once it's finished. I'm sick and tired of people claiming this again and again. It's simply not true.
we lost time on milgem and altay projects unnecesseraly,and time is more valuable than anything that whatever SSB did,and we certainly will face this if you look at the situation on east white sea and syria

BMC will not develop anything for Altay T1, They just produce the tank. All the parts are ready to produce. Also They have experince about producing armored vehicles.

If the above is correct, then BMC is only going to assemble the Tank. And if there are any parts that aren't produced in Turkey, like for instance the engine, then we're running a huge risk.

I think that is what people are afraid of. that core components and important parts of the tank are something we will buy from abroad. This is also one reason why so many in here are disappointed that Otokar didn't get the contract.

I would like to remind you that during the AMA on reddit, I did specifically ask if our industry would be capable of producing an engine if necessary and the reply was that as long as there was government support it was possible. That only political decisions got in the way or slowed down the process.

If the above is correct, then BMC is only going to assemble the Tank. And if there are any parts that aren't produced in Turkey, like for instance the engine, then we're running a huge risk.

I think that is what people are afraid of. that core components and important parts of the tank are something we will buy from abroad. This is also one reason why so many in here are disappointed that Otokar didn't get the contract.

I would like to remind you that during the AMA on reddit, I did specifically ask if our industry would be capable of producing an engine if necessary and the reply was that as long as there was government support it was possible. That only political decisions got in the way or slowed down the process.

I know that 250 pcs MTU engine deal was completed so there shouldn't be any problem. But yes, there is a risk if we want to sell this Altay to other counties. Can you say that which important compenent or parts are imported except MTU engine and RENK transmission ? (Not get any offence I am just curious)

Otokar get their money the developed the tank.But Otokar production offer is the expensive one. So BMC win. SSB has the all the rights of the Altay, not Otokar. It is simple. I am not fan of any company. I just want Turkey to get this advance Tanks as soon as possible. After 18 months later, I hope we can talk about beauty of the first produced Altay T1.

I know that 250 pcs MTU engine deal was completed so there shouldn't be any problem. But yes, there is a risk if we want to sell this Altay to other counties. Can you say that which important compenent or parts are imported except MTU engine and RENK transmission ? (Not get any offence I am just curious)

Otokar get their money the developed the tank.But Otokar production offer is the expensive one. So BMC win. SSB has the all the rights of the Altay, not Otokar. It is simple. I am not fan of any company. I just want Turkey to get this advance Tanks as soon as possible. After 18 months later, I hope we can talk about beauty of the first produced Altay T1.
"Otokar production offer is the expensive one"

Was the only reason for not giving the bid to Otokar the price? Any source to this?

Also, let us all not forget that German government imposed embargo on Turkey and stopped selling its spares to us during the Olive Branch Operation.

About 250 pcs MTU engines; they are already in our warehouse waiting for assembly or still in Germany? I have not seen any info about this.

https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2017/09/25/turkey-accuses-us-germany-of-arms-embargo/

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom