What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Hiding? They are literally showing the cover for the basket. Yes, I've looked under it.

Would you get offended if I ask you where did you get this information? There isn't any kind of Leo2 modernization certain for today or planned for the future. Land Forces are not waiting for anything currently. The whole NG project happened specifically after Aselsan made a 3D model of a Leo2A4 for IBD Deisenroth to be used in computer generated simulations. They made a deal on adding armor to the Aselsan's Leo2 project afterwards. The original Leo2 project didn't even any armor upgrade at all. It was only started as a compensation for the penalties of Volkan-I project.

However, Aselsan indeed borrowed a second Leo2A4 from the Army for their second project which is planned to use Ruag made armor. Last time I heard (June 2015) they were still negotiating for the deal.

Dude, posting in this forum is like holding a hot coal with your bare hands. I sincerely don't know who will lost his flick and who will not. I'm just posting about the things that I have first hand information.
Ruag armor???

However, Aselsan indeed borrowed a second Leo2A4 from the Army for their second project which is planned to use Ruag made armor. Last time I heard (June 2015) they were still negotiating for the deal..

Hmmm interesting. This is also the first time i hear about this project. Do you have any sources? That would be great if this is indeed true. I hate the idea of us using anything that is German.

Hiding? They are literally showing the cover for the basket. Yes, I've looked under it.

Would you get offended if I ask you where did you get this information? There isn't any kind of Leo2 modernization certain for today or planned for the future. Land Forces are not waiting for anything currently. The whole NG project happened specifically after Aselsan made a 3D model of a Leo2A4 for IBD Deisenroth to be used in computer generated simulations. They made a deal on adding armor to the Aselsan's Leo2 project afterwards. The original Leo2 project didn't even any armor upgrade at all. It was only started as a compensation for the penalties of Volkan-I project.

However, Aselsan indeed borrowed a second Leo2A4 from the Army for their second project which is planned to use Ruag made armor. Last time I heard (June 2015) they were still negotiating for the deal.

Dude, posting in this forum is like holding a hot coal with your bare hands. I sincerely don't know who will lost his flick and who will not. I'm just posting about the things that I have first hand information.

yes. I would get offended. Let's say i have a strong force inside me. And i sense these kind of things;)

( new star wars trailer was published last night ) you are wright acctualy. There is no official sign. So i call this a wish. Ok?

that Abrams platform Looks so obsolete today. Leopard2 managed to Keep it up to date but Abrams did not manage it. outdated american tank model.

The Abrams is still one of the best battle proven tank in this modern age together with Merkava.

- It lacks hardkill System.
- It has an obsolete gas turbine which is loud and generating to much hot air. bad infrared signature.
- It still has a short L44 gun and not L55 gun like ALTAY MBT
- etc.

Abrams is obsolete american junk. look how houthis in yemen destroy Saudi Abrams with inferior iranian anti tank Missiles. American armor is a joke. :)

Yeah, cause Saudi tankers are on par with American tankers...

I can also post video's coming out of Iraq where ISIS couldn't even blow them up and just tried to burn them for propaganda. Only like one or maybe two got decapitated with I think pretty modern Kornet ATGM's.

Sure Saudis get destroyed because they use tanks and armored vehicles as fixed outposts. But that does not Change the fact that ALTAY MBT is superior to american Abrams MBT. On every field.

The DU Armor is a big HOAX. Because Depleted Uranium plates would melt when hit by RPG and start to emmission radioactivity. it would poison the Crew and kill them with Radiation.

DU armor is an Internet hoax. Abrams tanks just use it in their kinetic energy projectiles. DU rounds. not armor.
it seems you don't know the meaning of "depleted"

There IS a layer of DU in abrams' composite frontal armor. You're completely misinformed.

Boron carbide we use on Altay is a harder material so it's better that's true. But by the time we finish Altay Americans will be upgrading to M1A3 which is going to have L55 gun and a diesel engine. But lot of details are still unclear.

M1A3 maybe a better MBT than Altay only time is going to tell. And let's not forget that Leopard 3 is under development too

Sure Saudis get destroyed because they use tanks and armored vehicles as fixed outposts. But that does not Change the fact that ALTAY MBT is superior to american Abrams MBT. On every field.

The DU Armor is a big HOAX. Because Depleted Uranium plates would melt when hit by RPG and start to emmission radioactivity. it would poison the Crew and kill them with Radiation.

DU armor is an Internet hoax. Abrams tanks just use it in their kinetic energy projectiles. DU rounds. not armor.

will you be offended if i say you're a "genius" :)

Altay Tank final frontal shape form?

adad_zps8nob45mt.png

dfdsfdf_zpsg7jzlgi1.png

Back
Top Bottom