What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Most probably, Side skirts will be there. Army wants side skirts on even some Firtina howitzers+Poyraz ARV.

281fcR1.jpg

Cool, so the suspension can 'sink' deep. Good for tackling obstacles. It's just looks a bit 'odd' to me, seen how most modern tanks have 'low' side skirts. But hey, this is the newest one out there. Those engineers must know something I don't.:D

Indeed. MBTs are all about balance between firepower, protection and moblity. This configuration gives superb cross-country mobility but for some better side protection they can always re-set the upper limit and make the skirts longer. That's one advantage of in-arm suspension.

@cabatli_53 It seems Altay (PTV atleast) doesn't have as much armor as we first thought

Blue -Stowage compartments
Red - Sensor suite
Green - Actual Turret armor
UUJTd1c.jpg

French Leclerc Tank stowage on turret
p1060317.jpg

In fact, the armor configuration on Altay is very similar to Lerclerc Tank, facing the tank , left side has thicker armor than the right

Leclerc-turret_closeup_Bastille_day_2006.jpg

Blue -Stowage compartment
Green - Actual Turret
Left side has no stowage compartment
tgGeFPM.jpg

Clearly see the difference in this, Gunner's periscope could be the reason why the left side has thicker frontal armor than the right.
GTItZt3.jpg

@cabatli_53 It seems Altay (PTV atleast) doesn't have as much armor as we first thought

Red - Sensor suite
UUJTd1c.jpg

p1060317.jpg

In fact, the armor configuration on Altay is very similar to Lerclerc Tank, facing the tank , left side has thicker armor than the right

Green - Actual Turret
tgGeFPM.jpg

Clearly see the difference in this, Gunner's periscope could be the reason why the left side has thicker frontal armor than the right.
GTItZt3.jpg

I doubt it. Considering Altays weight it seems rather unreal for Altay to have such lack of armor and empty compartments.

I doubt it. Considering Altays weight it seems rather unreal for Altay to have such lack of armor and empty compartments.

Didn't mention anything about lack of armor. I'm simply stating that side and singular frontal compartments are not 'armor' as originally thought, but stowage compartments. Compartments are hinged and have padlocks securing them, same as the compartment at the rear of the tank.

Red - Sensor suite
UUJTd1c.jpg

p1060317.jpg

Green - Actual Turret
tgGeFPM.jpg

GTItZt3.jpg

Perhaps it's being wasted here, probably should go to a deprecated Tankers forum to discuss.. Either way, I'm posting my view on it here

Red - Sensor suite
Dark Green - Main gun Mantlet
Yellow - Crew Compartment/
8KBqMu1.jpg

Last edited:
tankın topunu almışlar takmışlar nerede ek zırhlar ilk prototipteki tankı nerede bu tankı Bombos getirmişler
gövde desen çok ince
yaptığımızla sevinmeliyiz ama ben sevinemiyorum
bu tankı askerlerimize mezar olsun istemiyorum
ben bu kadar gereksiz tasarım görmedim
tareti ufalttılarda ne oldu ek zırh yok

Back
Top Bottom