What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Why does altay have a manual loader and not an automatic one ?

Why does altay have a manual loader and not an automatic one ?

The first reason is first of all the weight. It will increase the load on the motor and decreased its travel speed of course. Increase the wear speed of transmissions and the tracks (Track, road wheel, drive sprocket etc...).

Secondly, there are two opposing philosophies. There are those who consider that it will decrease the workload of the crew to make it more effective and those who consider that the third man will be an extra strength for these colleagues in combat.

Thirdly the price. Yes it costs much more expensive manufacturing and maintenance.

Nobody has definitively decided in the world...

Last edited:
Altay can fire it's gun even there is no one amper of electricty on board...

Some autoloaders have been developed with contingencies incase of no power, Leclerc and K2 share same loader.
see handle used for manual loading by commander.
1412542145-dbwng.jpg

BKM hafif/ağır zırhlı araçlar için kompozit ve reaktif zırh (ERA) tasarım, geliştirme, üretim ve test yeteneklerine sahiptir, ayrıca alan koruma çözümleri de sunmaktadır. ALTAY Türk Ana Muharebe Tankı için Zırh Sistemi, Roketsan BKM tarafından tasarlanıp geliştirilmektedir.

Overview/Review of Altay on YouTube;

This small YouTube channel is one of only two channel I know that tanks about Tanks. The other one is "ThecheiftainWoT". This guy makes documentaries about Tanks. You should check both of them.

Delay in Turkey's Indigenious Engine?

TUMOSAN company, who is assigned for development of Turkish Altay Main Battle Tank's power package, requested one month-extention of time from Turkish Undersecreteriat for Defence Industry as of today. The company should meet all requirements in the scope of the "Power Group Development Project within this period.

Source: http://en.c4defence.com/Agenda/delay-in-turkey-s-indigenious-engine/3300/1

Guys, Why TÜMOSAN doesn't make any agreement with İtaly or Japan? Especially Italy can be an important partner for us. We worked together for T-129 Helicopter with İtaly. Also Fiat - İveco developed tank engine for Ariete Tank. Mitsubishi developed 1500HP V10 engine for Type 90 Tank. Why don't we agreement with these countries?

They can have all the reasionable amount time they want as long as the job is done. I am not even mad, seems to me they are gonna do this without a license problem as it should be. This is sort of good news for me. Because previously i did entirely convinced they couldnt do the job whitout help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom