What's new

Altaf Hussain to demand a Mohajir Province in Sindh

"New Sindhi' is a much better term. It shakes off the now-odd 'Mohajir' label--how can one be a 'Mohajir' after 3-4 generations? 'New Sindhi' also tells the local Sindhi population that we belong to Sindh.

Personally, I think, it was very short-sighted of the New Sindhis to react against Zulfi's promoting Sindhi language in the 70's. Sindh is a wonderful land. Sindhis are a great, tolerant people. And Sindhi is a mature, full-fledged rich language. I would be proud to have mastery of Sindhi and have deep attachment to Sindh and Sindhi culture. There was no way Sindhi language could have replaced, or even hurt Urdu. Urdu will remain the linqua franca of Pakistan.

I totally agree - the land of Shah Abdul Latif .

What else do you expect from man of this calibre. They were an ethnic party and they have moved to the same point which they have been trying so darn hard to negate in the last 10 years.

Sometimes I wish this forum would have an age bar - for under fives and under tens. By the way - MQM have totally denied they want a new province.

Bilal,
Keep up the good work. I really admire you keeping your hope up and coming up with reasoned arguments supporting Pakistan. There are some of us here who cannot do anything but find the worst possible in Pakistan.
I admit I too have some very low mements about Pakistan: Benazir Bhutto, Taseer and Bhatti assassination at the hand of these religious fundamentalists and many other moments but then when we see the range of 'Pakistaniat' at Pakistaniat.com blogspace I am not that gloomy.
Thanks.

PS. I have added your video above to my 'Favorites' in You Tube.

what is this fat fucck upto, he is like a bulldong and brain of an monkey

But when PML-N wanted to make Karachi a province, MQM and Altaf Hussain strongly condemned it and said 'Sindh cannot be broken". Altough I believe all provinces of Pakistan need to be divided further. For god sakes even a tiny Island like Sri Lanka has more provinces then Pakistan. These Sindhi rulers are eating away our money. More provinces are needed for development.

A majority city like Karachi needs to be a special region or province like Moscow,London, Shanghai etc. This Sindh Government has now restored the ancient commissioner system. Compare Karachi of the 90s (commissioner system) to the Karachi of the 2000s (Nazim system). Most development took place under the Nazim System thanks to Mustafa Kamal of MQM. Least development took place in the 90s thanks to the Commissioner system where Karachi was controlled by Jaagridar Waderay of PPP.

Karachi needs to be a province or Special Territory but it will not be divided from Sindh on the basis of ethnicity. It will only be divided for further progress of the city and for the country as it is the financial hub and largest city of Pakistan.

Of course most Karachiites get along. In fact, the bonds between most Karachiites from all ethnicities are so strong, that it is very hard to tell them apart.

You are correct.
My brother has his business in the Orangi Town in Karachi. Anytime there is ethnic-centric violence I hold my breath. He tells me that he is surrounded by Pashtuns who assure and protect him. He does not doubt them. However, it will take only a few stupid, politically inspired people to cause the damage. Dirty eggs need to be removed, regardless of their background.

Just a few months ago he Altaf Bhai was preaching to love and keep the Sindh Dhartee intact. Now he wants Mohajir Province, I thought Muthaida was for all Pakistanis and not just Mohajirs? Altaf Bhai bhee hur roz aik naya topi drama curtay hain and sub ko Mamoo banatain hain.

Guys remember that no other news source like Dawn, Geo, Express tribune is reporting this.

I highly doubt MQM would demand such a thing.

But when PML-N wanted to make Karachi a province, MQM and Altaf Hussain strongly condemned it and said 'Sindh cannot be broken". Altough I believe all provinces of Pakistan need to be divided further. For god sakes even a tiny Island like Sri Lanka has more provinces then Pakistan. These Sindhi rulers are eating away our money. More provinces are needed for development.

A majority city like Karachi needs to be a special region or province like Moscow,London, Shanghai etc. This Sindh Government has now restored the ancient commissioner system. Compare Karachi of the 90s (commissioner system) to the Karachi of the 2000s (Nazim system). Most development took place under the Nazim System thanks to Mustafa Kamal of MQM. Least development took place in the 90s thanks to the Commissioner system where Karachi was controlled by Jaagridar Waderay of PPP.

Though Musharraf and the federal government provided a special Rs. 25 billion grant for Karachi and Mustafa Kamal utilized it. Please check the records. The development of Karachi has a contribution from all of Pakistan.

Faisalabad alone export close to $5-6 billion dollars of textile exports annually and each and every textile mill has a regional ofice in Karachi, just as an example, so this notion that Karachi is making 70% of the revenue is misleading. Maybe duties are collected at the Karachi port, but that does not mean Karachi is manufacturing 70% of the country's export.

Though Musharraf and the federal government provided a special Rs. 25 billion grant for Karachi and Mustafa Kamal utilized it. Please check the records. The development of Karachi has a contribution from all of Pakistan.

Faisalabad alone export close to $5-6 billion dollars of textile exports annually and each and every textile mill has a regional ofice in Karachi, just as an example, so this notion that Karachi is making 70% of the revenue is misleading. Maybe duties are collected at the Karachi port, but that does not mean Karachi is manufacturing 70% of the country's export.

The city of Karachi alone contributes 20% of the country's revenue, not 70%. But 20% is a huge number for one city as well. Faisalabad, Lahore, Islamabad, Sialkot, Sargodha, Hyderabad, Peshawar etc are all important cities of Pakistan.

Hi, you are talking about GDP in this matter. I never claimed Karachi is running Pakistan's economy or something but without Karachi's strong economy, Pakistan would feel a heavy blow. Karachi contributed 25% of the GDP to Pakistan. Lahore contributes 13% while Faisalabad contributes around 4.6%. Just some figures I wanted to bring out.

Just a few seconds ago I showed Bilal's video to my American wife (she is a Southern gal). She admired it and said that Pakistan has so much potential. I said that Americans need to get the hell out of that region. Protect America by making all visitors from Pakistan go through some 3rd country, if you must, but LEAVE US ALONE! I told her that wherever Americans go they leave a path of destruction: Vietnam, Iraq, now Pakistan.

Leave us alone. Protect yourself--if indeed that is the goal--by police action, immigration, whatever, but don't go around sowing more destruction anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom