What's new

Altaf Hussain has applied for a Pakistani passport

CrazyPaki

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: The MQM chief, Altaf Hussain, has applied for a Pakistani passport, it has been learnt. Informed sources told The News that the London-based MQM chief has contacted the Pakistan High Commission in London for the issuance of a Pakistani passport.

The self-exiled MQM leader, who presently holds the British passport, had the expired copy of his Pakistani passport that was issued to him some 23 years back in 1991. His Pakistani ID card has also expired.

Altaf Hussain had left Karachi for London one month before the then PML-N government launched the Operation Clean-up in 1992 and sent the military into Karachi to crack down on the MQM. He applied for political asylum in Britain. Later, he applied for the British nationality and got the UK passport as well.

Ever since his departure from Pakistan, Altaf Hussain never showed his intentions to return despite repeated taunts from his opponents to come back and lead the party instead of running the MQM through a remote control. It is not clear even now if he has applied for the Pakistani passport to return to Karachi after rescinding his British nationality.
Altaf Hussain applies for Pak passport - thenews.com.pk

so what do your guys think of this?

I really hope he comes back to Pakistan and leads from the front. I know the Taliban/ISI etc want to kill him but Pakistan needs a leader like him to save Pakistan from the thousand ameer ul momineens sitting on every street corner with their shops of personalised religion. I will be praying for him if he decides to return.

BlBv7TlIAAAwBLx.jpg:large

As much as i hate the mafia politics of MQM but unfortunately MQM is the only force capable of fighting off Taliban in Sindh. Altaf Hussain should not come to Pakistan. ISI would have him killed straight away.

As much as i hate the mafia politics of MQM but unfortunately MQM is the only force capable of fighting off Taliban in Sindh. Altaf Hussain should not come to Pakistan. ISI would have him killed straight away.
why ISI would be killing him?
zardari, nawaz, megal all are alive, never been threaten by army, so why altaf?
is he the bigger sinner then those?
wrong perception, instead maybe ISI be protecting him, cause is the only political siding with pakarmy!

Lol Joke of the year. Wo kehtay hein na kay jab kutay ki moat ati hai tou wo shehar ki taraf bhagta hai.

smoke is rising, imagine if Altaf and MQM london comes to pakistan :lol:

i don't really want them to come to pak because they are better operating safely in london, we have seen what happened to benazir

If they wanted to they could have done it in England as well ... I could never understand the basis of this stupid acquisition again ISI .

Mashallah! If there is MQM there is no need for taliban. MQM is more dangerous terror group as it has political party as a front.

Altaf Hussain, if he returns, in not coming back for the love of the country. He might come back as he is involved in money laundering and probably in the Imran Farooq case.

Altaf Hussain should have come to Pakistan long time ago. His movement for middle class rights stand where it was 30 years ago. The reason is that MQM
  • has been involved in terrorism,
  • is sleeping with same wadera party against whom it tells us it fighting for the rights of middle class and
  • cant break from the image that it is an ethnic party. It is an ethnic party no matter how hard its defended as not. When there is difficult situation, MQM always play the mohajir card.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom