What's new

Altaf Hussain arrested in London over money laundering charges.

woo hooo
although I wish that they will prove his involvement in Imran farooq murder too
update: they have started to shut down Karachi .. :S stupid goons

Last edited:
woo hooo
although I hope that they prove his involvement in Imran farooq murder too
update: they have started to shut down Karachi .. :S stupid goons
Imran Farooq can't happen until and unless Pakistan hands over those two to UK and they should do it as soon as possible and get back that Mari traitor who is hiding in London

Nasim Zehra @NasimZehra
Follow

MQM leader Altaf Hussain's arrest by Scotland Yard will deeply impact Karachi's politics. The arrest isn't political victimization.

11:48 AM - 3 Jun 2014

Live updates: Altaf Hussain arrested in London, say MQM sources
By Web Desk
Published: June 3, 2014
Muttahida Qaumi Movement chief Altaf Hussain. PHOTO: MQM

LONDON: Muttahida Qaumi Movement chief Altaf Hussain was arrested in London on the charges of money laundering, sources in MQM said on Tuesday.

The London Police had been investigating Hussain in this case for over several months now.

In a TV interview, Altaf had revealed that all his bank accounts in Britain had been frozen by the authorities. The MQM chief had admitted that the British authorities had conducted raids at his house and at his office.

liveupdates_zpscf675352.jpg

2:00pm

MQM Rabita Committee Aminul Haq says they will issue a statement regarding this and will inform everyone about the situation.

Karachi Stock Exchange dropped by 780 points as soon as the news of Hussain arrest broke out. The market is now recovering.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

1:51pm

Hussain was arrested from his house in London’s Edgware area.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

1:46pm

Javed Chaudhry, while speaking to Express News today, said London Police were investigating Hussain for three cases of money laundering, hate speech and Imran Farooq murder.

Background

In June last year, as part of their investigation into the Imran Farooq murder case, Scotland Yard had raided Altaf Hussain’s house in London. The search operation had continued for over 55 hours.

Later in July 2013, a spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police in London had told The Express Tribune that a significant amount of money was seized in the raid from the house of the MQM chief. However, the spokesperson did not disclose whether the politician is being questioned over it.

Another spokesperson had said that if a money laundering case is established, then it would be treated as a financial case, separate from the murder case of Dr Imran Farooq.

Farooq, 50, was a former leader of MQM and had lived in London in self-imposed exile from 1999. He was on his way back from work when he was attacked outside his home in Edgware, north London, in September 2010. A post-mortem gave the cause of death as multiple stab wounds and blunt trauma to the head. A kitchen knife and a house brick used in the attack were recovered at the scene.

'Father of Pakistan' arrested?....such arrogant ba$tard$ these English are

If #altafhussain has been arrested by Counter Terrorism Police then he is in deep trouble, those guys dont just go around handcuffing people

Allah tera shukar. Now I am worried about my family as I am basically from Karachi.

donot be so sure about it...
They will try Sir Army should take over Karachi right now impose Curfew and and take over 9/0 Game over MQM

ok guys party over, altaf hussain has been asked to record his statement :lol:

He is arrested your party days are over Mr he is gone and soon Pakistan will also hand over those two guys who killed Dr Farooq on Altaf Hussain order game over MQM and Altaf Bhai

Back
Top Bottom