What's new

Altaf demands at least 20 administrative units in Pakistan

I DEMAND 40 LIKE TURKEY

It's 81 not 40.

bf520ef9459d195687e79f555a3f3e0d.gif

Except sindh and karachi, every other province should be divided into 3 or 4 provinces.

It should be mandatory for elected candidate to have lived in the area of contested constituency for atleast 3 years before contesting elections and to remain there till the time occupying seat from that constituency. Making provinces or not is immaterial. However, if at all provinces are made, those should not be bifurcated on the basis of political will. It will create chaos. Better option is to upgrade previous divisions to Provinces and District to divisions, Union councils to Districts and wards to union council. Create new wards and let administration of justice, development and services be dispensed from the lowest administrative unit.

I do agree to this some extend, but I believe running Local Bodies, City Government, and provincial governments is overhead on the same area, so only one government should pitch in. District Government (combination of local and city government), will be lesser load and more reliable.

nice demand, but we don't know tomorrow he will take back his statement, this guys is suppose to be in lollywood.

KARACHI: Chief of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) Altaf Hussain has demanded to increase the number of provinces of the country to at least twenty, ARY News reported.

In a statement, Altaf Hussain said making new provinces is utmost requirement keeping in view of the growing population for serving the people and devolving power to grassroots.

MQM Chief suggested that appointment of Chief Minister for Sindh should be carried alternatively adding “if it isn’t possible administrative division of the province should be done.”

Giving example of other Asian countries, he said India has 36 provinces, Afghanistan has 34, Iran has 31 and even Sri Lanka which is a small country has 9 provinces but unfortunately, Pakistan still having only four provinces.

Altaf Hussain has once again appealed the government and protesting parties in Islamabad to restart the dialogue process immediately.

Altaf demands at least 20 administrative units in Pakistan | ARY NEWS
same was done by TuQ and a viable demand indeed.

Fair demand.. to bring change in Pakistan, one must divide the state into administrative unit, hope the demand is pursued !

Not going to happen, certain political parties will play ethnic card on this issue. Noora league would not want Punjab to be divided as it will pretty much destroy PML N. Same goes for PPP in Sindh. These two parties have totally drained and destroyed Pakistan.

When did you join MQM?:woot:

Not going to happen, certain political parties will play ethnic card on this issue. Noora league would not want Punjab to be divided as it will pretty much destroy PML N. Same goes for PPP in Sindh. These two parties have totally drained and destroyed Pakistan.

When did you join MQM?:woot:
they have my "moral" support. :D
d17704c8937da24cf2d2d1e155e4bb30.jpg

Nawaz Shareef and Asif Ali Zardari will not want this.

It would mean the end of their political parties.
The present status que never make it happen, their politics depend on limited four provinces, Vaders Choudries Khans Sardars are masters of this slave nation.

I do agree to this some extend, but I believe running Local Bodies, City Government, and provincial governments is overhead on the same area, so only one government should pitch in. District Government (combination of local and city government), will be lesser load and more reliable.
Very right.When size of administrative unit is made smaller and powers are devolved, automatically multiple command will be eradicated.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom