What's new

Allama Iqbal - Great personality and national poet

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The wall calendar of Allama's bedroom, shows his passing away date, 21 April 1938
Courtesy: Iqbal Academy.

1650664156226.png

1650664239636.png

The Wall clock of Allama Iqbal’s bedroom, shows his passing away time.
Date: 21st April 1938

PROFILE OF ALLAMA IQBAL​

Pen Name :.....'Iqbal'
Born :....09 Nov 1877 - Sialkot,
Died :....21 Apr 1938 - Lahore,

ḳhudī ko kar buland itnā ki har taqdīr se pahle
ḳhudā bande se ḳhud pūchhe batā terī razā kyā hai

1650668018430.png

Mohammad Iqbal (1877-1938), a descendant of a Kashmiri Brahmin family that had embraced Islam in the seventeenth century, was born and settled in Sialkot. After a traditional education in Arabic, Persian, and Urdu, he was exposed to a liberal education that defined the contours of his thought and his poetry during the entire period of his life.

Beginning his educational career at the Scottish Mission School, he went on to acquire his M. A. in Philosophy, before joining Trinity College, and later earning the degree of Bar-at-Law. He furthered his education by getting the degree of doctorate from Germany on The Development of Metaphysics in Persia.

He worked in different capacities at different points of time; he taught philosophy, practised law, got involved in politics, and also attended the second Round Table Conference. Even while he favoured the idea of the creation of Pakistan and is venerated there as the national poet, he wrote the famous patriotic song that celebrates the greatness of India. King George V decorated him with knighthood and he was called Sir Mohammad Iqbal thereafter.

Iqbal wrote both in Persian and Urdu, and is often regarded as the poet-philosopher of the East who addressed the Muslim ummah, believed in the philosophy of wahdatul wujood, and propounded the philosohy of khudi, or selfhood, which called for self-realisation and the discovery of the hidden talent with love and perseverance. Beyond that lay the stages of complete submission and forgetfulness which, he thought, was the ultimate stage of khudi. Iqbal dreamt of the ‘complete man’ and also entered into a metaphoric dialogue with the divine.

His poetry emerged as a remarkable site where message and art coalesced, as he re-configured major poetic devices like metaphor, myth, and symbol to re-visit history, philosophy and the Islamic faith to develop his individual vision.

He has left behind his collections of poems, Asraar-e Khudi, Rumooz-e Bekhudi, Baang-e Daraa, Baal-e Jibreel, Payaam-e Mashriq, Zaboor-e ‘Ajm, Javed Naama, Zarb-e Kaleem, and Armaghaan-e Hijaz, apart from his lectures collected in English as The Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam, and other works on the Eastern worldview.

1650668078318.png

What a coincidence the Nation is awakening second time near death anniversary of the National Leader

The man departed in April and now the ideology lives strong in Citizen of Pakistan.

I was just examining the April Date on Calendar from earlier share

Another rare picture of young Allama Iqbal tending to an ill friend, Hoshyarpur, 1911......

1650890317807.png

Bemaron ki temaardari Sunnat e Rasul (SAWS) hay........
Kaash Koi hamari bemar Ummat ki bhi Temardaari Karay or humain Behtar Din Dikhaye.....
But khaanay ke darwazay pe sota hay barahman;
Taqdeer ko rota hay Musalman tahey Mahraab,
Mashriq se Ho bezaar na maghrib se huzr kar;
Fitrat Ka İshara hay ke har shab ko Sehr kar!.....
Zarbe Kaleem......

Picture from Roozgar e Faquir, jild 2

1650890461743.png

The Plaza de Pakistan
Buenos Aires, Argentina

1650892437593.png

The Plaza de Pakistan contains at its center black marble plaque with an engraving of a verse by Allama Iqbal, which emphasises the importance of love for humanity both in Farsi and Spanish.

The Verse is as follows:
آدمیت احترام آدم است
برتراز گردوں مقام آدم است

English Translation:
"It is our love for humanity which makes us human, and it is our humanity which transcends the universe."

1650892490947.png

Javed Manzil (now Iqbal Museum), Garhi Shahu, Lahore..

The Javed Manzil or the Allama Iqbal Museum is a monument and museum in Lahore, Pakistan.
Allama Iqbal lived there for three years and died there. It was listed as a Tentative UNESCO site and was protected under the Punjab Antiquities Act of 1975, and declared a Pakistani national monument in 1977. In honour of Iqbal, it was converted into a museum, inaugurated in December 1984

Date: c. 1950s

Allama Muhammad Iqbal with a few dignitaries of Aligarh Muslim University.
(L to R) Ross Masood (2nd) Mohammad Iqbal (third), Syed Zafarul Hasan (sixth)
Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh..

1650903559432.png

Monument for Muhammad Iqbal at the Mevlâna Museum — Konya, Central Anatolia, Turkey.

1650919454650.png

What a coincidence the Nation is awakening second time near death anniversary of the National Leader

The man departed in April and now the ideology lives strong in Citizen of Pakistan.

I was just examining the April Date on Calendar from earlier share
But alas my dear friend, the country is only living in the hearts of the poor just like Iqbal said - 'milat is alive because of the poor', ....'such is the state that even a jew would be ashamed of'.... 'is this a muslim?.... God almighty says.... 'did muslims even exist'?

Aye Haqiqat ke Muntezar makes me humble even more...

'when i prostrate in prayer, the voice comes from the ground - thou shalt not gain anything from namaz as your heart belongs of the material world'.

Oh Iqbal, what has become of your children.... just like you predicted. they have sold your dream for a mere penny.

لطف مرنے میں ہے باقی نہ مزا جینے میں
کچھ مزا ہے تو یہی خون جگر پینے میں
کتنے بے تاب ہیں جوہر مرے آئینے میں
کس قدر جلوے تڑپتے ہیں مرے سینے میں
اس گلستاں میں مگر دیکھنے والے ہی نہیں
داغ جو سینے میں رکھتے ہوں وہ لالے ہی نہیں
چاک اس بلبل تنہا کی نوا سے دل ہوں
جاگنے والے اسی بانگ درا سے دل ہوں
یعنی پھر زندہ نئے عہد وفا سے دل ہوں
پھر اسی بادہ دیرینہ کے پیاسے دل ہوں
عجمی خم ہے تو کیا مے تو حجازی ہے مری
نغمہ ہندی ہے تو کیا لے تو حجازی ہے مری

May be an image of 2 people

The pleasure is in dying, the rest is not in living.
There is some fun in drinking blood and liver.
How impatient are the essence of my mirror
How much glories suffer in my chest.
In this garden, but there are no ones to see.
The stains I keep in my chest are not red
Chalk this nightingale, I have a heart from the new lonely nightingale
Those who are awake, may my heart be from the same side.
That means, I am alive again, the new promises of loyalty.
Again, I am thirsty of the same old wind.
What if you are strange, you are my Hijazi
If the song is Hindi, what do you take, it is my Hijazi.

Another Masterpiece

1650923851577.png

Sir Allama Muhammad Iqbal's letter to Chitral's Prince. Lahore 8th Jan. 1930

Courtesy : Mr. Musa Khan O'Zhorik
1650924054046.png

A rare photograph of Allama Iqbal at The General Islamic Congress (Jerusalem 1931). He is seated front row, far right-hand corner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom