What's new

Delhi varsity considers removing Allama Iqbal from syllabus

Yeah but the constant hindutva bullshit prevalent in India now is all encompassing
you should srsly consider giving it a rest

at least for a while

breather deep, empty your mind of all thoughts.. spl -ve ones about gangus

stay there as long as is comfortable

exhale

repeat

------------------

at the very least it'll help cure your jamahir bhikari keeda (virus?) and help you come up with new stuff

stay fresh, kuch naya lao, exciting and new, show some fight, son...

filhaal you are more ata ur rehman than imran khan

So, you're saying the brits have small dick energy too?

Here's what I don't get. You can villify Iqbal if you want. I can understand. What good does wiping him from your nation's memory does.

And he was congress president too. And you have a muslim president of india too. ......
Okay you guys remove Shaheed Bhagat Singh from your syllabus. We won't grudge.

We have sizeable Muslim population in India YET.

by twisting and changing the History to Some Vedic hulla hoo - also please then remove Sarah Jaha se acha hindustan humara
We will remove it.
But tell me from where?

It's a song used to be sung. Nobody sings it anymore but many remember that it existed. Similarly in Pakistan people will remember for some more time that Hindus and Sikhs once existed in some parts of their land.

Okay you guys remove Shaheed Bhagat Singh from your syllabus.
In absolute terms, Hitler whupping the brits' a*s had more effect on both our Azaadi than anything else. Do you have a chapter on him?

We won't grudge.
Coming from Modi's India, you'll forgive me for being skeptic.

We have sizeable Muslim population in India YET.
Not for long :D

In absolute terms, Hitler whupping the brits' a*s had more effect on both our Azaadi than anything else. Do you have a chapter on him?
💯 brofmann

can't tell you how many times I've been chided for reminding people of that FACT irl :|

It was indeed Hitler who broke the back of Churchill the tyrant which led to our "emancipation" in the here subcontinents

uska yahudion k saath lafda alag kahani hai.. hmy na lena ek, na den do.. as they say

6472bae47010a.jpg

DELHI: The Academic Council of Delhi University has passed a motion to remove a chapter on Pakistan’s national poet Muhammad Iqbal from the political science syllabus, The Hindu said on Saturday quoting members of the statutory body.

Born in 1877 in Sialkot, Allama Iqbal — credited with giving birth to the idea of Pakistan — wrote the famous song ‘Saare jahan se achha’. It is not clear whether India’s military bands would continue to use the ‘Saare jahan se achha’ theme in their march.

The chapter titled ‘Modern Indian Political Thought’ is part of BA’s sixth-semester paper, officials said, adding that the matter would be presented before the executive council of the university that would take the final call.

The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh-affiliated Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), meanwhile, welcomed the development.

“A motion was brought regarding a change in the syllabus of political science. As per the motion, there was a chapter on Iqbal that has been removed from the syllabus,” said an academic council member.

A unit on Iqbal titled ‘Iqbal: Community’, which is part of the syllabus was reviewed by Press Trust of India.

There are 11 units as part of the course with the objective to study important themes through individual thinkers.

“The course has been designed to give students a glimpse into the richness and diversity within the Indian political thought,” the syllabus mentions.

The course is aimed to equip students with a critical understanding of modern Indian thought, it adds.

“The thematic exploration of ideas is meant to locate the topical debates on important subjects on a historical trajectory and reflect over the diverse possibilities exhibited in the writings of the respective thinkers,” it further stated.

Meanwhile, the ABVP welcomed the move, saying “fanatic theological scholar” Iqbal was responsible for India’s partition. Not too long ago, the Uttar Pradesh government had dismissed a Muslim schoolteacher for using Iqbal’s prayer by a youngster: “Lab pe aati hai dua ban ke tamanna meri.”

“Delhi University academic council decided to scrap fanatic theological scholar Mohd Iqbal from DU’s political science syllabus. It was previously included in BA’s sixth-semester paper titled ‘Modern Indian political thought’,” the ABVP said in a statement.

“Mohammad Iqbal is called the ‘philosophical father of Pakistan’. He was the key player in establishing Jinnah as a leader in Muslim League. Mohammad Iqbal is as responsible for India’s partition as Mohammad Ali Jinnah is,” it added.

Published in Dawn, May 28th, 2023

Nice !

High quality culture doesn’t bode with Hindu culture

Last edited:
Is that a secret any more?

Presumably, even Pakistani gentlemen of British domicile know that the BJP controls only a part of the country.

They are running riot in their controlled states.

They are being challenged in others.

Ask me more. :cheers: IF you are brave.
Part of the reason there isn’t headway in the other states is that communalism never took off due to the greater amalgamation of Islam within those cultures and( if I may be so bold ) the caste divides never were too much a part of those states either. But, most importantly in my view - wherever partition had the least impact is where communalism never took root.

That was purely egged on by political forces and those looking for political or power gains.

Ill repeat what I have said umpteenth times - UP, which now is a hotbed of communal persecution and divide had until the 30s more Sunni-Shia clashes than any Hindu-muslim clashes at all.

Tells you plainly where the problem was sown and who is responsible for the partition of India and today’s situation.

Part of the reason there isn’t headway in the other states is that communalism never took off due to the greater amalgamation of Islam within those cultures and( if I may be so bold ) the caste divides never were too much a part of those states either. But, most importantly in my view - wherever partition had the least impact is where communalism never took root.

That was purely egged on by political forces and those looking for political or power gains.

Ill repeat what I have said umpteenth times - UP, which now is a hotbed of communal persecution and divide had until the 30s more Sunni-Shia clashes than any Hindu-muslim clashes at all.

Tells you plainly where the problem was sown and who is responsible for the partition of India and today’s situation.
Brilliant insight.

I remain astonished that even we ourselved (those of us not from UP) have nowhere near this level of insight.

Calcutta was tense too.

We used to cut the tramlines overhead cables for the Taziya to pass, and the others would always tell the employees and the police that we were sowing the seeds of trouble, and should stop that indulgence to a sinful lot!

Your Army band songs
They are learning new songs. Beating the retreat ceremony featured all Hindi songs this time around.
Totally unrelated and shows your frustration -
I am happy that only a few remain to face the wrath.
I am surprised that a problem which was sown in one place is bearing fruit in another. I hope and pray much more acceleration in results for the perpetrator of this problem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom