What's new

Algeria: A Sleeping Giant

Algeria is one of the most corrupt, incompetent and incapable Arab country in the world. For instance, Marocco and Tunisia are doing a far better job than Algeria even though they have no oil and gas. Algeria is a disappointment thanks to a selfish elite in the military and bureaucracy. They simply have nothing. No industry, no innovation, no production. In some aspects they are even worse than Saudi Arabia.

Algeria is one of the most corrupt, incompetent and incapable Arab country in the world. For instance, Marocco and Tunisia are doing a far better job than Algeria even though they have no oil and gas. Algeria is a disappointment thanks to a selfish elite in the military and bureaucracy. They simply have nothing. No industry, no innovation, no production. In some aspects they are even worse than Saudi Arabia.

Their ppl are great guys, but the army and gov is the worst. Pride and hatred made them blind to their own reality.

in my opionion I dont think EU would like to have algeria tunesia marocco or else as a big power supplier..

why? because it would be bad for the big energy concerns.. also it would give all the power to one country and EU would be very vulnerable just cut the supply line or just bomb that area..

I dont think that terrorists would be a problem if EU and US would want them as energy supplier.. because most terrorist appear when a country run out of favor :D

but in the long term it would be wise to invest in sun power specially for water supply but if they do it I would not make a big solar field but many smaller fields everywhere..

I dont get it why the Saudi kings dont build many many many solar farms and hydrogen and water in their country they have the money they could do the job

also you could create hydrogen and than you could make energy at night.. to invest in this technology would be wise and recommended for all african countries..

in my opionion I dont think EU would like to have algeria tunesia marocco or else as a big power supplier..

why? because it would be bad for the big energy concerns.. also it would give all the power to one country and EU would be very vulnerable just cut the supply line or just bomb that area..

I dont think that terrorists would be a problem if EU and US would want them as energy supplier.. because most terrorist appear when a country run out of favor :D

but in the long term it would be wise to invest in sun power specially for water supply but if they do it I would not make a big solar field but many smaller fields everywhere..

I dont get it why the Saudi kings dont build many many many solar farms and hydrogen and water in their country they have the money they could do the job

also you could create hydrogen and than you could make energy at night.. to invest in this technology would be wise and recommended for all african countries..

As of why saudi do not make solar plant or else, it's because she has no need in it. she will always have oil/gas and such for energy needs. no need to spend in it. at least for the coming 200years.... if they have to choose they prefer putting in it nuclear plants than solar

As of why saudi do not make solar plant or else, it's because she has no need in it. she will always have oil/gas and such for energy needs. no need to spend in it. at least for the coming 200years.... if they have to choose they prefer putting in it nuclear plants than solar

as said it would be good to generate hydrogen + water - and with water they can plant anything and the deserts could be made green :)

as said it would be good to generate hydrogen + water - and with water they can plant anything and the deserts could be made green :)

Well the desert is not like any land, you could water it h24/7 and it will not turn green like that. you need to build an ecosystem around it , to retain water. and SA already done those circle farms, but it was to costly in water and energy.

SunWize-solar-insolation-map.gif

World%20Insolation%20Map.jpg

In my opinion, Algeria has a very bright future, despite the current political and economic challenges it needs to overcome.

Geographically speaking, Algeria has one of the highest rates of insolation in the world, making the country a perfect place for the solar energy industry.

Potentially, solar power stations in the deserts of Algeria will be able to generate enough electricity for all of Europe. This means that, in the coming decades, Algeria will replace the oil- and gas-rich Gulf Arab countries as the number one exporter of energy to Europe. And, unlike the Gulf states, Algeria won't have to worry about the depletion of its energy resources.

Algeria and other countries in North Africa are already thinking of producing and exporting solar-derived electricity to mainland Europe via transcontinental power grids.

If all goes to plan, Algeria will be able to secure its economic future by becoming the main energy partner of the EU.

For the first time in modern history, the center of power in the Arab World might shift from the Mashriq (i.e. Arab East) to the Maghreb (i.e. Arab West). This westward shift of power will likely endure through time.

Apart from solar energy, Algeria does have the ingredients to become a regional power. The country has great infrastructure, a growing population, a formidable military, and enough manpower to meet its local demands. Geographically, the country is also set to become a transit hub between Europe and the countries of sub-Saharan Africa, the latter of which are expected to experience rapid economic growth in the coming years/decades.

But there's no doubt that Algeria's solar power potential is its main quality/strength. As the world's number one producer and exporter of solar-derived electricity in the future, Algeria will reap the economic, financial and geopolitical rewards that many of the today's wealthy countries enjoy.

In short, I think North Africa is destined to have a bright future, especially when compared to other parts of the MENA region.

Morocco, Tunisia, and Libya will very likely enjoy similar success in the coming decades as well.

There are, of course, a number of challenges that need to be addressed. First and foremost, Islamic terrorism must be convincingly defeated in the region, especially in Libya. A politically unstable and divided/fragmented Libya will likely delay North Africa's solar energy projects due to regional security concerns. Marginalized ethnic/religious minorities in North Africa, especially in Algeria and Morocco, must also be granted more cultural and political rights in order for these countries to achieve the lasting peace that is necessary for economic growth and prosperity. Tunisian-style political reforms must be emulated across the region as a whole.

Countries such as Italy, France and Spain will no doubt try to encourage stability in the region in order to curb cross-Mediterranean migration and also in order to help the Maghreb countries build the necessary infrastructure for the export of solar-derived electricity into Europe.

Overall, I think the future is bright for Algeria and the Arab West in general.

By contrast, the Arab East, including the GCC states, will be facing dire economic and environmental crises in the coming years, especially in light of the post-oil era. For the very first time in modern history, the Arabic-speaking World will be politically and economically dominated by the countries west of the river Nile. Interestingly, the rise of the Arab Maghreb and the impending rapid economic growth of much of sub-Saharan Africa will likely lead to the increased use of the French language, thereby making French an important language to learn not only in North Africa but also in southwest Asia. That said, English will likely remain the most important language of international business in the region.

While I agree that North Africa has a lot of potential and that a lot of North African states can get a lot of money from Solar Power exporting, corruption and bureaucracy are pulling all these countries down. So NO Algeria is not a sleeping giant in the sense that Morocco isn't a sleeping giant. But All North african Nations from Morocco to Egypt all have MASSIVE potential but that doesn't make them super powers or giants.

P.S I think you gave Ceylal a Massive Ego boost which is not needed since he already had a gigantic one.

Supapowa Algeria...
Lol Any country "can" be a superpower on PDF.:p:

But why is it sleeping?
:rofl: LMAO. Good question. :enjoy:

Well, to be honest, almost every country in the region(Africa, middle East) faces similar issues to some extent, not just Algeria. Eventhough, I agree with you that for an oil rich country Algeria still has a low standard of living(or even GDP per capital) compared to its less oil rich neighbours like Morocco or even Tunisia. Plus doesn't help that the president there is an old crippled guy that won't let go off his power like most greedy dictators out there,despite his age(probably nearing 90 soon. Lol). So the country is also being held back by the old Guards who won't let go off power for the younger generation which is a shame and unfortunate.

Last edited:
C'est vrai ça?

Justement non! ( auto-sic )

But it may be stuck in a post-colonial narrative,
the shackles of which may be as real as those
of prior times and its future interpretation may
require their shedding off?

Ceci dit, les insultes ayant cessé, je préférerais,
vu ma nationalité, user du devoir de réserve et
m'abstenir pour permettre au fil de continuer.
Unless I'm mistaken the subject was :

Can Algeria make use of its particulars to become the regional power it has the capacity to?
Good day all ( tag Mikey ), Tay.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom