What's new

Alcohol in Pakistan: The prohibition and after

I dont know if you are trolling or you seriously are proposing this retarded logic. I go with the latter, because you are an Indian.
and I being indian also know you being a pakitani will never understand that religious intoxication is much worse than alcohol.

Because alcohol is an integral part of many (western) cultures and it's impossible to get rid of it.

Pakistan already has enough social problems; it doesn't need to import new problems.

They are much more likely to use it as a molotov cocktail.

Yes you are right. Alcohol is as dangerous, if not more , as the drugs which are illegal in the west/USA.

This raises the question, why alcohol is legal at all then?

The Americans are using the same logic and thought to ask the question, why aren't drugs legal then?

This has lead to the movement for legalization of consumption of drugs such as weed.

This is because there is contradiction in western culture.

and I being indian also know you being a pakitani will never understand that religious intoxication is much worse than alcohol.

Perhaps you came to this thread on Pakistan's internal affairs by mistake.

Indian rape thread is that way --------->

Last edited:
This is because there is contradiction in western culture.

Yes, the contradiction is well known and understood by western observers. As I indicated before, alcohol is special because of its long history in western civilization. It's not going away any time soon in western society, so the best option is to educate people about abuse and regulate its marketing and sales.

The other drugs don't have this long history and cultural integration, so they are easier to criminalize.

Alcohol is already available easly,
in my view alcohol prohibition in Pakistan is affecting Pakistanis fatally.. give a bottle of vodka to the suicide talibanies and they may think twice before blowing up and killeing innocents with them

that's cause smoking is more addictive

with alcohol one can drink on weekends and still work for rest of the weekdays without getting drunk but somkers have to smoke every couple of hours

Another retarded Doabi, alcohol is banned but easily available if one really want it. The difference is its more expensive because of ban which is good thing.

I see alot of comments in favour or alcohol and some against it. Everyone has there own choice.

I only believe in one thing, which is more than enough for me.
Our Creator and his Prophet S.A.W.W. has declared it haraam for Muslims.

on second thoughts...........man it is a free world,banning is overkill,ofcourse there shud be guidelines n such....
...its not like nobody knows too much alcohol is bad or ppl dont buy it...ppl will decide for themselves, govt. gets revenues....
too much of everythng is bad.....
#to responsible adults who r not yet introduced to the spirits :- u r really missing out somethng
statutory warning:consumption of alcohol is injurious to health

Author's logic:
'Banning wine is a bad idea,because this policy hasn't succeed to stop people from drinking'.
Now,applying the very same logic, I can state:
'Considering rape as a crime is bad idea,because it hasn't stop people of raping victims'
Pathetic.

There is mafia, criminals and bata khors in Karachi, which are the root cause of Karachi's problem. Not "religious extremism" if anything these criminals have less to do with religion and more to do with, alcohol, prostitution, drugs.

Are you from Karachi?

Alcohol shops are licensed by the GOP and there are plenty of them so there isnt a huge market of selling illegal alcohol and gangs fighting over it , gangs are there i dont deny that but a lot and lot of religious extremists. Sipah sahaba extremists got 33000 votes from one location , karachi population has doubled in the last decade over a million new residents so a lot of religious extremists in the society.

And yes i am from Karachi

yes and as you know excess of everything is bad. but if taken with care it acts as a medicine. when in tension and pain it relaxes and when in not good mood it lightens up. when need a good sleep have 2 pegs and one will sleep like a baby.

o yar main kidher keh raha hoon aadi banao , aur binge rampage par bhej do ... adat kisi bhi cheez ki buri hai , o yahi eik do pegs aur bus

Alcohol shops are licensed by the GOP and there are plenty of them so there isnt a huge market of selling illegal alcohol and gangs fighting over it , gangs are there i dont deny that but a lot and lot of religious extremists. Sipah sahaba extremists got 33000 votes from one location , karachi population has doubled in the last decade over a million new residents so a lot of religious extremists in the society.

And yes i am from Karachi

o yar main kidher keh raha hoon aadi banao , aur binge rampage par bhej do ... adat kisi bhi cheez ki buri hai , o yahi eik do pegs aur bus

Religious extremism is not the core of Karachi's problem. The core problem of Karachi are the, gangs, bata,khors, criminals, mafia, murderer, robbers. All these people have nothing to with religious extremism, and have much to with alcohol, prostitution, drugs.

Rangers are taking action against such criminals, not "religious extremists"

One way to track these criminals down is through, alcohol, prostitution, drugs, such activities are the foot prints they leave behind.

Author's logic:
'Banning wine is a bad idea,because this policy hasn't succeed to stop people from drinking'.
Now,applying the very same logic, I can state:
'Considering rape as a crime is bad idea,because it hasn't stop people of raping victims'
Pathetic.

What can you expect from an alcoholic? Ghatiya log.

Religious extremism is not the core of Karachi's problem. The core problem of Karachi are the, gangs, bata,khors, criminals, mafia, murderer, robbers. All these people have nothing to with religious extremism, and have much to with alcohol, prostitution, drugs.

Rangers are taking action against such criminals, not "religious extremists"

One way to track these criminals down is through, alcohol, prostitution, drugs, such activities are the foot prints they leave behind.

alcohol has no business with the voilance and law/ order situation as for the extremists their are plenty google al qaida , taliban , lashkar e jhangvi etc caught in karachi or acccepted responsibility of attacks and you will get a lot of insight , i gave you examples of recent election results as well please take it into account and you will have a clear insight. Another example in ANP few years back voiced ethnic killings of Pukhtuns in karachi , once those locations were taken over by extremists they than realise.
+ their are many other examples , i would like to repeat the same thing again and again really .. if you think otherwise you have the right of opinion .. In time we will know , who is behind

Learn to understand the dangerous of something esp when the law and medical science say it is bad (I use these 2 coz many reading this are not religious so I wont even bring religion in)...The fall of a whole society can be as easy as drugs and booooz:

One could easily pick up a case study from History where the Chinese were given Opium and gotten addicted to it...The Chinese ended up paying with HONG KONG and MACAU!

Last edited:
Let local brewery companies produce more, and tax them on sales. Like we do on packaged foods, coca cola etc.
Should be like VAT.
For imported Alcohol it would difficult, but tax the dealers who import them.

Not possible, you will invite the kids of organizations like ASWJ and otherwise who tear cities apart(and consume some of the stuff) before they let you put these things up.

Not possible, you will invite the kids of organizations like ASWJ and otherwise who tear cities apart(and consume some of the stuff) before they let you put these things up.

Well true, not that finding alcohol in Pakistan is any harder now than it was before the jihadis arrived in 1980s.

Back
Top Bottom