What's new

Alcohol in Pakistan: The prohibition and after

A country without Alcohol, seems difficult for me. If Dubai can sell, why cant others.

A country without Alcohol, seems difficult for me. If Dubai can sell, why cant others.
Dubai does EVERY OTHER thing to attract tourist! BTW, I think you did not read the article...Alcohol is easy to gain in Pak despite the "so-called" ban which is prob only in papers...so why the cry?

Dubai is a open for all state.

Abu Dhabi is a better controlled state,regarding daaru.

It is very difficult to emulate any other hard core sunni country,the hardliners can say something but Pakistan should allow alcohol and all punjabis are alcohol crazy,cant help but go with the awam

Dubai is a open for all state.

Abu Dhabi is a better controlled state,regarding daaru.

It is very difficult to emulate any other hard core sunni country,the hardliners can say something but Pakistan should allow alcohol and all punjabis are alcohol crazy,cant help but go with the awam

Just for your information....one sees only good in what they do!

Just as an example...a psychopath killer sees he has done nothing wrong killing others...

A irresponsible husband sees nothing wrong in taking out his anger on his spouse and the list can go on....

Say something for what it is not what you favour!

Another man running on instinct..

I just gave the answer above your post

Let me quote for you in case you missed it:

BTW, I think you did not read the article...Alcohol is easy to gain in Pak despite the "so-called" ban which is prob only in papers...so why the cry?

well Talon,i am not a liberal left person but sometimes u cannot fight if the awam is crazy about something.

Thanks for info
Alcohol is not good for heath.
But banning it wont stop people from consuming it.

Alcohol is not actually "banned" in Pakistan ...
The so called "Alcohol prohibition laws" are only a "lolly pop"
No one gets any punishment for drinking except those who fail to "Make Happy" the Police Men in case of any unwanted "encounter" , After all , most of the Police men are drinkers themselves and they would let you go after taking their share (either in money form , or a couple of beer cans)

The company under discussion here (Murree Brewery) with annual sales of 39 million US dollars in Pakistan ,makes it to the list of "Asia`s 200 best under a Billion" on the Forbes , :
Murree Brewery on the Forbes Asia's 200 Best Under A Billion List

I think this is a fallacy that your character will ruin if you drink alcohol. A bad man will always do bad things, and a good person will remain good. Alcohol can not make a person bad or good.

Was Alcohol banned for making people bad? So far I can remember, no. It was banned because drunken people at that time could not recite Surah in their Namaz accordingly.

Medical science says though alcohol removes your hesitation in your drunken state, so you can express and talk frankly and feel lighter in your moment of frustration, but it never solves your problem. It just gives me company, but never solves my complaints.

well Talon,i am not a liberal left person but sometimes u cannot fight if the awam is crazy about something.
Our Awaam isnt...few are...and well the law isnt strict either soo...

But that doesnt mean I support it just despite knowing the adverse effects it have at individual and social levels!!

learn to live this way, it aint getting legal, no anytime soon, but its availability is ofcourse no issue.. so no need to whine.

according to Islamic Social Norms, its consumption is illegal/haram, hence the law. but if you choose to drink it, its available, dont get caught, thats all.

Its the same in apnu Gujarat :police:

ist cigarette addiction much worse than alcohol addiction. I have seen most Pakistanis smoke cigarette but they don't go aroung beating their women

94fj.jpg

Yes cigarette/nawsar/nicotine has the most dependency.
Weed has the least dependency and tolerance.
Alcohol has moderate dependency but has the most withdraw effect.
And Alcohol has the most toxicity.

if alcohol is unbaned half of pakistans suicidal terrorist attacks will stop. terrorists will find some ways to have fun too and wont get bored by their life on planet earth and try to go to heaven for wine and women
WOW ....surprisingly IRA, Italian Mafia, Russian Mafia, Mexican cartel and even Hindu fanatics havent stopped!

If have fun includes rape women, go for child prostitution and all that crap....please keep it on your side of the border....We have enough shit here to deal with!

Let local brewery companies produce more, and tax them on sales. Like we do on packaged foods, coca cola etc.
Should be like VAT.
For imported Alcohol it would difficult, but tax the dealers who import them.
Haram ka paisa aap log ko mubarak ho...i doubt our country needs another problem called ALCOHOLISM or anything close to that! We have enough shit...Enjoy it in the West dont try to mingle that with Pakistan....

We have loose laws, those desperate can go drink....those who want it banned can imagine the law means it to be banned....but those who want to lean on the extreme (with the NO TO BAN slogan) can go cry a river in someother country and then I want to see they listen to you :rofl:

94fj.jpg

Yes cigarette/nawsar/nicotine has the most dependency.
Weed has the least dependency and tolerance.
Alcohol has moderate dependency but has the most withdraw effect.
And Alcohol has the most toxicity.

choice is obvious,i approve jenaab.

voice can be anyone's but choice is always yours.

touche talon.
good for you...I am sure if you cross the border you wont find it difficult to get booz...thats your choice...But we are happy with it not being easily available due to the many evils attached to it (as discussed in this thread)

Back
Top Bottom