What's new

Al-Qaeda's 'Global Operations Chief' Adnan Al-Shukri has been killed by Pakistani Forces.

They can replace him but not his experiance.

@Icarus @Irfan Baloch @Hyperion @Oscar @Bratva @Bilal. @balixd

What are the odds of Al-Shukri's involvement in the assasination of ISI's Brigadier Qadri in Sargodha this year? - Is it likely that the agency has killed AQ's GOC with a little bit of 'qisas' mixed in thr fray?

He or any one else who is involved in Brig Qadri Assassination should be found and killed!

II corps sign

yea thanks for pointing out the typo
shows you how much Indians influence your writing by yapping same name over and over again that you end up typing someone else

LeJ = Lashkar e Jhangvi
thanks for your understanding. I had edited the post later but not before it was picked up

Why not LeT as well? They are all part of the same evil! I'm betting @Irfan Baloch, will agree with me, only difference being he may suggest a different timetable for LeT.
you are right just timing is off for now.
for me they are all scumbags

Why not LeT as well? They are all part of the same evil! I'm betting @Irfan Baloch, will agree with me, only difference being he may suggest a different timetable for LeT.
Dude i'm past caring what Pakistani nitizens may think of LeT.

For a decade, he had masterminded terror attacks against the West; plotting mass death and destruction on such targets as a Manchester shopping centre and the London Underground from his hideaway in a remote and lawless region of Pakistan.

On Saturday, the authorities finally caught up with Adnan Shukrijumah, al-Qaeda’s chief of global operations who had a $5 million (£3.2 million) bounty on his head. Shukrijumah, 39, died in a raid by Pakistan military on a compound in South Waziristan tribal area. He had been hunted down and killed.

US authorities had him on their most wanted list since 2010, while the justice department had charged him with ordering an attack on the New York subway. The same indictment links him to a plot to blow up shopping centres in Manchester, while he has also been implicated in attacks on the London Underground and to trains in Norway.

Shukrijumah’s role in al-Qaeda was to choose the targets and then recruit the terrorists to carry them out. The attacks on New York, London and Manchester were thankfully thwarted.

Confirmation of his death came from a Pakistan senior army officer. “The al-Qaeda leader, who was killed by the Pakistan army in a successful operation, is the same person who had been indicted in the United Stated,” he said.

Shukrijumah was made al-Qaeda’s chief of global operations five years ago, taking on a role filled by Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks on the Twin Towers and who was captured in 2003. Shukrijumah was also implicated, according to intelligence sources, in the 9/11 plot and was friends with at least some of the hijackers.
While born in Saudi Arabia, Shukrijumah, 39, had a better insight into the West than perhaps any other al-Qaeda operative, including even its founder Osama bin Laden. He had grown up in the US, his family moving to Brooklyn when he was a teenager in the Eighties and then to Florida in the Nineties, giving Shukrijumah a familiarity with America that allowed him to move largely unnoticed. He was the only senior al-Qaeda leader with a green card.
It is reported he was a regular traveller to the Caribbean and an occasional visitor to London before he went on the run in the weeks prior to the 9/11 attack.
Federal authorities in the US believe Shukrijumah oversaw a panel with two other senior al-Qaeda leaders that hatched attacks from their base in Pakistan. One of his fellow plotters was Rashid Rauf, the Birmingham-born al-Qaeda commander, who had also masterminded a plot to blow up transatlantic airliners using liquid bombs. Rauf was killed in a US drone attack in 2008 in North Waziristan; Saleh al-Somali, the third member of the panel, was killed a year later in another drone strike.
Security services accuse Shukrijumah of involvement in a number of planned atrocities, including the plot to blow up a Manchester shopping centre in 2009. A dozen students were arrested but none charged due to lack of evidence. Some of the suspects had been watched by MI5 agents as they filmed themselves outside the Trafford Centre on the edge of Manchester, the Arndale Centre in the city centre, and the nearby St Ann’s Square. Police round up the alleged plotters after they were overheard discussing dates, understood to include the Easter bank holiday, one of the busiest shopping weekends of the year.
Had it been successful, the attack would likely have been the worst in the UK. “We had to act,” an intelligence source said at the time.
A year later on July 7 2010, Shukrijumah was charged by the US justice department with “an al-Qaeda plot to attack targets in the United States and United Kingdom”. Two other men indicted in New York — Abid Naseer and Tariq ur Rehman — had previously been arrested on suspicion of terrorism over the Manchester plot.
Shukrijumah was charged with “providing and conspiring to provide material support to al-Qaeda; conspiring to use weapons of mass destruction; assisting the receipt of military training; committing and attempting to commit an act of terrorism transcending national boundaries; and using firearms in relation to the same offences”.
The foiled attack on the new York subway, using a different cell, was described by the attorney general Eric Holder at the time as “one of the most dangerous” since 9/11.
Federal prosecutors said Shukrijumah had also recruited three men to carry out attacks on the London Underground as well. Details of that remain scant.
In the US, he had not amounted to much. His father, a scholar born in Guyana in South America, had been an imam at a mosque in Brooklyn until he moved the family to Florida. Shukrijumah went to a local college before getting a job selling used cars.
His mother Zurah Adbu Ahmed , described him as a “kind, loving, caring boy”, but admitted he had been angered by the excesses of American society including “drugs, alcohol, a love for sex, and clubs”. She added: “That doesn’t make him a terrorist.”
On Saturday in a pre-dawn raid, Pakistani helicopter gunships swooped on Shukrijumah’s hideout. He died in a gun battle, the most senior al-Qaeda leader killed by the Pakistan military. Intelligence officials confirmed that five people captured were Shukrijumah’s wife and four children.

Al-Qaeda's Tube plotter killed in shoot-out - Telegraph

The damage has been done, they will surely replace him with someone else, but this is a big blow to AQ and its presence in PAK :)

@Irfan Baloch Why I get a sense, America provided us Intel on him? The timing of raid after Gen Raheel visit to US, the warming of relations, perhaps as sign of good will to show We trust you, we let you score this one ?
I agree, touch wood , the cooperation is back on the correct tangent just like Mushy times

thanks for the details. American -Pakistani cooperation is once again on the rise so your assumption is not off.its like back in the days of Gen Musharraf when the mutual cooperation resulted in most terrorist deaths and captures which saw a sudden decline during Kyani/ Zerdari time (just stating facts not making accusations). Gen Musharraf says, that USA provides intel due to its vast experience and its hardware at its disposal. A layman (read chronic hater & cynic) would say why Pakistan military would need help from Americans within its own territory? (the way to answer is first hit him on the face with the heaviest boot you can find) then say that the intelligence and clues work in tendum with what happens elsewhere and then a pattern is established in the area of operation, nothing works in isolation (same example for OBL's courier, our own leads were used by CIA but they already had info on him outside Pakistan which helped them to complete the picture which they chose to keep with them then).

without knowing the raid details I assumed how our soldier would have died. our soldier, I assumed would have died in an explosion and I was almost correct. all top terrorists have standby suicide bombers and they normally charge at the raiding parties resulting in deaths both American and Pakistani forces have experienced that in Pak/ Afghan and Iraq.

here the hand grenade is mentioned that resulted in the death. it might be true, normally our raiding parties use stealth and after taking out sentries they quickly head shoot the terrorists with suicide vests.

the top terrorist leadership is the most paranoid type they are light sleepers and they shift from places after short intervals, and they routinely execute the locals and their own lower tier operatives on suspicion of spying. I am impressed that this adnan got the chance to get hold of a grenade, only possibility is that he must have heard the gunshots in the gally and had the grenade ready and might have killed himself and the lead trooper in the process when he exploded the grenade or might have been shot by the following trooper.
whatever the case he is gone and he unfortunately took out one fine soldier.

I think that guy was born in USA so why do you think he is Pakistani?...He may be a double agent so ISI killed it...Just adding spice to the story..:-)

I think that guy was born in USA so why do you think he is Pakistani?...He may be a double agent so ISI killed it...Just adding spice to the story..:-)

He was a Saudi born American by nationality. His chances of being a double CIA agent are much higher than him working for ISI. Generally the ISI doesn't deal with AQ. They killed an ISI brigadier not long ago.

Back
Top Bottom