What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

VT-4 was trialed.

IMO, best option for replacement are AK-series (I and then II) or more T-80 if replacements are required quickly, no other MBT.

First T-59 to be converted to AZ, then maybe after 1-2 decades T-85 II will start retiring.
Is there a reason for such fragmentation of battle tanks in PA(besides financial issues)? I know that there is a push for commonality between Al-Zarrar, Al-Khalid, and Type 85 to an extent...but still it would be nicer to simplify things.

VT-4 was trialed.

IMO, best option for replacement are AK-series (I and then II) or more T-80 if replacements are required quickly, no other MBT.
I have heard from some military trader in China said that PA and air force complained that Pakistan Navy took too much share of the military budget, otherwise the VT-4 deal and more JF-17should have come.

Please tell me is this any true ??

Highly inaccurate on pretty much all accounts.

He based everything on the model of 90II in the SIM thinking that was the Al khalid, which is not the case. Not worth watching.

Last edited:
I was looking for an intelligent answer so addressed Signalian.

He based everything on the model of 90II in the SIM thinking that was the Al khalid, which is not the case. Not worth watching.

All versions apart from T-90MS were inferior in FCS, optics to Al khalid series.
Also T-90MS is not significant better than AK-1

I have heard from some military trader in China said that PA and air force complained that Pakistan Navy took too much share of the military budget, otherwise the VT-4 deal and more JF-17should have come.
Our navy needs the most budget for now since it is the weakest of 3.

well, budget constraint had pushed PA to halt manufacturing of further AK 1 and still AK 2 is not yet rolled out.
we might need to go for purchasing VT 4 to fix current war possibilities.
May we see prosperity in 2020 and all forces get sufficient budget to boost power.

I was looking for an intelligent answer so addressed Signalian.

Post [-] for unnecessary condescension.

Be careful next time or get reported.

Also T-90MS is not significant better than AK-1

Our navy needs the most budget for now since it is the weakest of 3.

If true, the navy did the right thing. They have been deprived of funds for too long.

It is about time.

lol

Hi that can be the case about complaining but just for a say Chinese Navy won’t be clearing the mess around CPEC it will be only PN to clear the path and put the opponent at bay
In my humble opinion even Chinese government must have pulled some strings for PN to have
At least something to match with the opponent
Just a thought
Thank you

Can you please elaborate about this. From what I have read Model 90II was marketed as MBT 2000 for export by Chain according to: http://www.military-today.com/tanks/type_90_II.htm and https://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=181. and https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/pakistan/mbt-2000.htm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom