What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

Sir it is evident that AK-1 and AK-2 accurate specs are still not shared officially and no one knows them accurately. If some one has viewed some new specs should share here. On other hand discussion should be there comparing the capabilities of AK with Indian Arjun and T90 main challengers.

This looks like a rebuild of a T 55/T 59. But I can b wrong
You are.

Sir it is evident that AK-1 and AK-2 accurate specs are still not shared officially and no one knows them accurately. If some one has viewed some new specs should share here. On other hand discussion should be there comparing the capabilities of AK with Indian Arjun and T90 main challengers.
AK1 is a minor upgrade over existing platform.
AK1 package includes ERA plates on front hull top, improved muzzle reference system, upgradations in gunner& commander sights, NBC system, fire extinguishing system, explosion suppression system and addition of digital drive panel.
Rest tank is same.

On other hand discussion should be there comparing the capabilities of AK with Indian Arjun and T90 main challengers
AK is fully capable of countering Indian T90. Arjun? Well it will be unlikely to appear in battlefield in first place.

is that you in pic?

ERA and infantry may not go well together

Modern ERA cassettes are designed with minimum chance of self detonation in mind. Kontakt 1 was dangerous, but K5 addressed the issue to a good degree. Also, 2nd gen ERA doesnt explode when impact with small calibre ammo.

Modern ERA cassettes are designed with minimum chance of self detonation in mind. Kontakt 1 was dangerous, but K5 addressed the issue to a good degree. Also, 2nd gen ERA doesnt explode when impact with small calibre ammo.

Kontakt-1 does not explode after impact of any ammo, only HEAT or ATGM, some chances - APFSDS. No explosions in case of any other rounds 30 mm e.t.c

its not the small calibre that im worried about.

its not the small calibre that im worried about.
Its easy, hot engine at the back, ERA on the front (AK), we ride by the right or left side of the Tank.
The Tank crew must go slower, and the driver must turn the machine slight to left or right to cover the Infantry from small arms fire.
Its usual in training Urban warfare with MBTs, so you get cover from the tanks and the buildings.
In Russian Tanks, ERA is at the front and sides, the "catle" must go in a IFV, just like Tchethenia, fire at the IFVs first and then take the tanks alone after.
Thanks

Its easy, hot engine at the back, ERA on the front (AK), we ride by the right or left side of the Tank.
The Tank crew must go slower, and the driver must turn the machine slight to left or right to cover the Infantry from small arms fire.
Its usual in training Urban warfare with MBTs, so you get cover from the tanks and the buildings.
In Russian Tanks, ERA is at the front and sides, the "catle" must go in a IFV, just like Tchethenia, fire at the IFVs first and then take the tanks alone after.
Thanks

Interesting note from you, I don't know if any tactics exist in the Pakistani Military for the Urban warfare, I have never observed something like that,I have just observed the open field exercises, Pakistani tactic is something like infantry is running between the Tanks, but not walking in formations like the soviet or chinese doctrine..@Dazzler can sheet light on this interesting thing.

In front of the Tanks in an open and bright-line:
2da6d8e0cc34639d4b23236f2713b9371.jpg

Can't see any tactic which they follow here :
11053.jpg

lose lines behind the Tanks :
hqdefault.jpg

The Soviet (NVA east German) style, if you don't want to watch the full length, then watch from 02:23-03:53

My notice: running behind the Tank and taking cover behind it, then swarming out to the left or right or both and storming the enemy lines.

The Pakistani tactic, notice the Infantry storm between the Tanks:

Last edited:
Interesting note from you, I don't know if any tactics exist in the Pakistani Military for the Urban warfare, I have never observed something like that,I have just observed the open field exercises, Pakistani tactic is something like infantry is running between the Tanks, but not walking in formations like the soviet or chinese doctrine..@Dazzler can sheet light on this interesting thing.

View attachment 576248
View attachment 576249
View attachment 576250

The Soviet (NVA east German) style, if you don't want to watch the full length, then watch from 02:23-03:53

My notice: running behind the Tank and taking cover behind it, then swarming out to the left or right or both and storming the enemy lines.

Yes, you correctly pointed out what i meant

Army has committed to acquisition of 220 Al-Khalid 1 MBTs, i.e., 5 armoured regiments. Stage 1 (110 MBTs) nearing completion and preparations for stage 2 (+110 MBTs) started.

These 220 Al-Khalid 1's will join roughly 324 examples of the baseline Al-Khalid currently in PA inventory.

View attachment 576248
View attachment 576249
View attachment 576250

I find this photos in http://www.81.cn/
309c2370489d1ce9fc901b.jpg
18037330da541786b38c58.jpg
18037330da541786b38c57.jpg
upload_2017-12-5_12-15-51.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom