What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

@DESERT FIGHTER I posted a question earlier, seems to have gone unnoticed. Are we still importing engines from Ukrain for the AK's, and if we are what impact does the current situation has on it.

Sorry if posted before, but i've never seen this amazing video of Al-khalid before
Mine Plow trials

Last edited:
AKmbt.jpg

I have one question guys, in most of the videos of the Al Khalid I've seen, I've noticed that the gun barrel moves a lot considering the tank is supposed to be a hunter killer even when in motion, can somebody explain why is that? i mean how can the tank fire at it's target when the gun is pointing downwards....

HMC can easily produce Engine for Railways(local), Tanks and APC, Trucks(local) and for Ship and submarines(local), just they need to do JV with Germany on it. I am sure we can start our own automotive industry.

The tank can certainly use some beefing up on Technology , machine gun above needs to get replaced with a robotic

Gatling gun and we need some anti missile defenses on the Tank, controlled from inside

I don't like how the Soldier has to come out to command the gun , and be exposed to deadly fire or sniper shot

Other then that an ideal Tank to squash Taliban under its weight

Daksg Nakra, Kuala Lumpur - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
22 April 2014

Officials from Pakistan's Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) disclosed new information about the greatly anticipated Al Khalid-Improved (I) main battle tank (MBT) during the recent DSA 2014 exhibition held in Kuala Lumpur.

Brigadier Ghulam Murtaza Qureshi (rtd), HIT's director of budget, marketing and procurement, told IHS Jane's that the development is being fast-tracked and the company plans to showcase the tank during the International Defence Exhibition and Seminar 2014 (IDEAS 2014) in Islamabad in December.

The development of the new MBT began earlier in the decade and Qureshi said it is around 50% complete. Some reports suggested it was being co-developed with China's NORINCO and was a version of China's MBT-3000.

(110 of 435 words)

HIT reveals new information on Al Khalid-I MBT - IHS Jane's 360

HIT is developing an RCWS according to MoD Year-book 2012-13

@DESERT FIGHTER @Dazzler

I remember reading somewhere that a 3rd Generation Thermal Imager is also underdevelopment. any details about that ???

*We already have developed our own RCWS in 2011 by AARDIC which comes under HIT.(Google Mohafiz III and it is mounted on top of that)

*I believe they are rather talking about Sagem matis from france.

Back
Top Bottom