What's new

Akbar Bugti Killed | Bughtis announce end of Sardari system

In a remarkably strong statement, India has slammed Pakistan for the killing of iconic Baloch rebel Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti.

In the statement released by the foreign office, New Delhi has condemned the killing as a loss to the people of Balochistan.

NDTV

India must put its own house in order: Pakistan

August 28, 2006 21:01 IST

Pakistan, on Monday, strongly rejected the statement of the External Affairs Ministry on the situation in Balochistan and described it contrary to 'well-established norms of interstate relations'.

"The statement is not only against the well-established norms of interstate relations but also a blatant interference in the internal affairs of a neighbouring country," foreign ministry spokeswoman Tasneem Aslam said in a strongly worded statement issued on Monday evening.

She said India's purported concern for the people of other countries is ill-advised, especially when 'India remains afflicted with several insurgencies including in Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Bundel Khand, Gorkhaland, Bodoland and Khaplang, which are being suppressed by force'.

"Instead of oppression and use of force, India should politically address grievances and aspirations of the peoples of these areas," she added. :thumbsup:

Aslam asked India to focus on putting its own house in order rather than commenting on the internal affairs of other countries. :cheers:

http://www.rediff.com/news/2006/aug/28pak.htm

BUGTI-PAK

http://www.outlookindia.com/pti_email.asp?id=410766ISLAMABAD, AUG 28 (PTI)

Pakistan today denied that the killing of prominent Baloch leader Nawab Akbar Bugti was a case of "political assassination" and said it was an "internal affair" of the government.

"Pakistan does not consider it as a political assassination," Foreign office spokesperson Tasnim Aslam told reporters.

Asked whether any foreign governments have reacted to Bugti's killing, she said it is an "internal affair" of Pakistan and "we do not expect any foreign government to issue statement on his death."

India today said Islamabad should address the "grievances and aspirations" of people of Balochistan through dialogue and not military force and described the killing of Bugti in a Pakistnai army operation as a "tragic loss to the people of Balochistan and Pakistan."

Responding to another question, Aslam said US President George W Bush in telephonic talk with President Pervez Musharraf last week did not talk about disgraced nuclear scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan or the situation in Balochistan.

Bush had called up Musharraf last week to convey his "appreciation" for Islamabad's cooperation in foiling the plot to blow up US-bound planes from UK and discussed a host of issues, including the military ruler's forthcoming visit to Washington next month.

http://www.outlookindia.com/pti_news.asp?id=410766

Neo nice timely posts.

India in the past also medelled in our internal affairs by commenting on Balochistan,
But than may be its India's internal affair :P afterall they support their Balochis brothers.:P

Bad ole habbit Jana Jee. :lol:

Don't forget that there are numerous insurgencies in India including Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Bundel Khand, Gorkhaland, Bodoland and Khaplang.

If we start meddling in their internal affairs, thigs would get ugly. ;)

Bad ole habbit Jana Jee. :lol:

Don't forget that there are numerous insurgencies in India including Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Bundel Khand, Gorkhaland, Bodoland and Khaplang.

If we start meddling in their internal affairs, thigs would get ugly. ;)

Not factual.

There is no insurgency in Arunachal, Mizoram, Budelkhand, Gorkhaland ie, West Bengal, Bodoland again West Bengal and part of Assam and what is Kahplang?

Ceasefire is in Nagaland.

Assam sporadic.

Nothing so far has erupted in Tripura. Peaceful right now.

Naxalites or Maoists are active in the forest adjoining the Central Indian states and Telengana.

You are meddling and of that there is no doubt and things are indeed ugly. Mumbai etc. That should be good reasons for delight.

Though I agree, it is silly of the Indian govt to comment on the Balochistan issue.

Not factual.

There is no insurgency in Arunachal, Mizoram, Budelkhand, Gorkhaland ie, West Bengal, Bodoland again West Bengal and part of Assam and what is Kahplang?
Sir,

I don't want to go off-topic nor pick a flamebait. But this is our official responce to India for meddling in our internal affairs, already the second time this year concerning Balochistan.

Khaplang...isn't it a part of Nagaland with burmese minority?
Please coorect me if I'm wrong. :what1:

Cheetah i feel sorry for the way you think. But its not your fault as its our leaders who have been miss leading us and they have made us to believe that Bugti was the crook and had to be eliminated

Lahori paa jee for you information paa jee iam a University Graduate.i dont have to listen to uneducated pakistani politicians.to see the reality on ground for your information i been to balochistan too many times to ignore the realities on ground.as i have said it before instaed of trying to tell us what to think and be affaraid of why dont u share with us all please WHAT DID HE DO FOR THE BALOCH PEOPLE. other wise stop making a fool of your self i doubt any body here is uneducated that will buy your side of story facts share them or :bunny:

Quetta has been the scence of violent sectarian violence as well, not sure whether it was his men who killed 55 shias in mosque in Quetta.

Thats Raw not bugtis men as they have no religion so they dont care for shia sunni thing.

Look this is the core issue. And thats where we Pakistani's lack behind Indians. They have given a statement and all of us would immediately start thinking that Bugti was working on Indian agenda. This would polarize the issue. We will be on one side against India and Balochis while Balochis would again have this feeling of neglect. It is time we make ourselves strong and dont give a heed to Indian statements. If we are strong internally we wont bother about externals blames.

Lahori paa jee again you are much in denial when BLA WAS being trained and armed by indians in Afghanistan for GOD sake even they(BLA) them self admited that on there web site and in personal and pakistan have given the proof to the AMericans .but u are here trying to talk in favour of indians and anti pakistani political parties who are u.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=21681

‘Bugti did nothing for Balochistan uplift’

ISLAMABAD: Senator Muhabat Khan Marri on Sunday said Nawab Akbar Bugti did nothing for the development of Balochistan and the people of his tribe.

Talking to a TV channel, he said Akbar Bugti served on high government positions such as governor in the past, but he did nothing for the betterment of the Baloch people.

He kept promoting his own interests while in power, he said, adding Akbar Bugti was against the development of the area and also opposed setting up of educational institutions.

He said Akbar Bugti was well aware of the fact that people after getting education would raise voice against his brutal activities. Muhabat Khan recalled that Akbar Bugti kidnapped people who wanted to contest elections against him.

Responding to a question, he said common Balochis are against the Sardari system in the area, adding people of Balochistan want peace, progress, development, employment and education in their province.

Also, prominent tribal leader Tariq Massori Bugti on Sunday said people of Dera Bugti have announced to observe salvation ceremonies for three days on getting rid of a ‘cruel personality’ like Akbar Bugti.

People of Dera Bugti came out of their houses after receiving news of Akbar Bugti’s death and expressed their feelings at the end of a man involved in crimes against humanity, he said while talking to a TV channel.

On Sunday morning, people in Dera Bugti distributed sweets and exchanged greetings as they got rid of a person who had made their lives miserable for a long time.

Setting aside his noble position, Akbar Bugti left his native area and resorted to violence and reportedly killed innocent people and personnel of security forces, Massori said.

And, Bugti tribe leader Humadan Bugti on Sunday said death of Akbar Bugti has brought a sigh of relief for the people of Dera Bugti as the chapter of inhuman activities has ended.

Talking to a TV channel, he said some leaders are condemning this incident just to gain political benefits, adding all political leaders are well aware of anti-government and anti-people activities of Akbar Bugti.

Separately, chief of Kalpar Bugti tribe Jalal Kalpar Bugti on Sunday said the people of Balochistan are relieved with the death of Akbar Bugti.

Talking to a private TV channel, he said Akbar Bugti committed atrocities even on his own people during the last eight years. He was against acquiring of education by the local people. Even the people could not live with their own choice owing to the fear of Akbar Bugti.

Jalal Kalpar said Akbar Bugti had made thousands of people homeless and put many others in his private jails.

He said Akbar Bugti was a terrorist. He was not loyal to his own tribe and the people were now happy of getting liberation from his cruelty.

Meanwhile, Jamiat Ahle Hadith Pakistan through various resolutions vehemently condemned the killing of Nawab Akbar Bugti besides asking the regime to stop maltreating of Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan and witch-hunt of Hafiz Muhammad Saeed.

The religious party at the All Pakistan Ulema convention held here at its Lawrence road Secretariat said that the murder of a political leader (Akbar Bugti) by the state would have serious repercussions on national politics and hatred would prevail among the Balochi people.

The leaders, through a resolution, called upon the government to abandon its policy of victimising opposition leaders and withdraw false cases instituted against them. The convention said adequate measures should be taken to ensure peace in Karachi, arrest killers of religious leaders and award them exemplary punishments.

They demanded interim government for holding next general elections and asked for return of exiled leaders. They were of the opinion that Hudood Ordinance should not be abolished rather amendments be made after seeking opinions from real Ulemas. The convention called for immediate halt to the army operation in Waziristan and Balochistan.

Lahori paa jee for you information paa jee iam a University Graduate.i dont have to listen to uneducated pakistani politicians.to see the reality on ground for your information i been to balochistan too many times to ignore the realities on ground.as i have said it before instaed of trying to tell us what to think and be affaraid of why dont u share with us all please WHAT DID HE DO FOR THE BALOCH PEOPLE. other wise stop making a fool of your self i doubt any body here is uneducated that will buy your side of story facts share them or :bunny:

Did i say you were uneducated? Please tell me if i said so.

What i said was the sometimes the educated ones can think foolishly

Lahori paa jee again you are much in denial when BLA WAS being trained and armed by indians in Afghanistan for GOD sake even they(BLA) them self admited that on there web site and in personal and pakistan have given the proof to the AMericans .but u are here trying to talk in favour of indians and anti pakistani political parties who are u.

People here hate NS and BB and are patriotic

And if i hate and criticize Mushy im pro-indian and anti-Pakistan. Why?

I want ur comments why this makes me less patriotic than you or anyone else

People here hate NS and BB and are patriotic

And if i hate and criticize Mushy im pro-indian and anti-Pakistan. Why?

I want ur comments why this makes me less patriotic than you or anyone else

Lahori paa jee again i give importance to education.but unfortuantly you were a victum of nawab bughtis policies and just stood behind him chanting sologans.
if i have to explain to you why people hate BIBI and why people hate harami ganja nawaz sherif.(buy the way if u from lahore you should no all about him and his activities ) then iam waisting my time talking to you.
READ READ READ READ READ and if u cant may i suggest hire some one that can read and explain it to u what they did and what musshy has done oh yes what ever u do dont hire .Srirangan What's the big deal with a college degree anyway)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom