DESERT FIGHTER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Its a very interesting topic
Aircraft carriers?
India bought a decomissioned AC from russia worth more then 2 billion$$
But its very interesting tht the brazilians bought there sao paulo for only 12 million$ from france?:cheesy::cheesy:
Sure it was 4 decades old so what so was indias?
Yes i know the brasilians are doing work on it but even then they bought it very damn cheap.I mean whats 12 million$ u cant even buy 5 tanks with tht much.....u can upgrade it easily in a decade if ur very poor like the brasilians they bought it in 2000 and now ots operational.
Cant Pakistan do the same buy a A.C and upgrade it slowly within its pockets reach?
Id like ur input.
Reguards:pakistan:

Its a very interesting topic
Aircraft carriers?
India bought a decomissioned AC from russia worth more then 2 billion$$
But its very interesting tht the brazilians bought there sao paulo for only 12 million$ from france?:cheesy::cheesy:
Sure it was 4 decades old so what so was indias?
Yes i know the brasilians are doing work on it but even then they bought it very damn cheap.I mean whats 12 million$ u cant even buy 5 tanks with tht much.....u can upgrade it easily in a decade if ur very poor like the brasilians they bought it in 2000 and now ots operational.
Cant Pakistan do the same buy a A.C and upgrade it slowly within its pockets reach?
Id like ur input.
Reguards:pakistan:

So India actually bought the aircraft carrier for free and 2.3 billion dollars is the cost of refit. For Brazil as well, the cost of the work they are doing on it is not included in this 12 million

Rest of you mail, I dont see why PN shuld not be able to get and operate a carrier if the military leaders want to...

What would be the purpose of such a carrier ? If something the PN needs it's a nuke subs, India is a huge country so it makes sense for them to have a carrier. For us maintaining that carrier would be a bigger pain in the ***

Aircraft carrier will not suite Pakistan Navy's Strategy.... You dont have a vast coastline, and cannot afford your Aircraft carriers to be blockaded....

But as far As India is concerned, due to its wide and Vast coastline, security and quick response and And a very fast Interception Is required, When the Aircraft carrier is in the sea, You can have a very High chance of Securing your nation at war.... you can strike and cause damage really bad.... And its really hard to sink and Aircraft carrier...

So India actually bought the aircraft carrier for free and 2.3 billion dollars is the cost of refit. For Brazil as well, the cost of the work they are doing on it is not included in this 12 million

Rest of you mail, I dont see why PN shuld not be able to get and operate a carrier if the military leaders want to...

So can India just get the AC free from Russia and updated by yourself or by US? the answer is definitely No! So called free AC is just a trick of Russia.:pop:

An AC carrier to operate from ports along the same coastline which can be blockaded is not a good idea.

Id like to know how can india block our ports?there isnt any bengladesh nor do we have a ill equiped army stranded on an island filled with hate and a enemy supported by super power in between.
Naval blockade is not possiable.So here goes the blockade wet dream of india to rubbish.

Id like to know how can india block our ports?there isnt any bengladesh nor do we have a ill equiped army stranded on an island filled with hate and a enemy supported by super power in between.
Naval blockade is not possiable.So here goes the blockade wet dream of india to rubbish.

No offense meant but kindly read the 71 war records.

Karachi was effectively blockaded.

No offense meant but kindly read the 71 war records.

Karachi was effectively blockaded.

This isnt 71.Dwarka and goa was also bombed.
2)U blocked karachi tht was our only major port.
3)Now the case is reversed we have more major bases.
4)Our major issue was to supply ordinance to our troops stuck in east pakistan.And so our main center of gravity was stuck on east pakistan.
Hence this time it will be more of a offencive war unlike 71.

4)Our major issue was to supply ordinance to our troops stuck in east pakistan.And so our main center of gravity was stuck on east pakistan.
Hence this time it will be more of a offencive war unlike 71.

Good for you.

Was merely replying to a remark of 6.29 am , reproduced below :

So can India just get the AC free from Russia and updated by yourself or by US? the answer is definitely No! So called free AC is just a trick of Russia.:pop:

The point I was making was the incorrect comparison of 12 million with 2.3 billion

Hence this time it will be more of a offencive war unlike 71.[/QUOTE

when that ''this'' time comes pakistan again will survive just like it did in 1971 but may be without baluchistan.

Well I think Indian definitely got ripped off on that deal, Russian never actually made any aircraft carriers before, the ones soviets had were all made in Ukraine, and the shipbuilding company were given to Ukraine after the split.

So yeah, the delays and cost increase with refitting are expected given their lack of experience. Is like India are paying for Russia's tuition fee.

Well I think Indian definitely got ripped off on that deal, Russian never actually made any aircraft carriers before, the ones soviets had were all made in Ukraine, and the shipbuilding company were given to Ukraine after the split.

So yeah, the delays and cost increase with refitting are expected given their lack of experience. Is like India are paying for Russia's tuition fee.

Russia operated aircraft career before and is still operating one. Before the split it was Soviet Union that had built and designed the aircraft career and the ship yards that built the AC. Russia has more experience in operating AC than both India and China.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom