What's new

Aircraft carrier????

Well I think Indian definitely got ripped off on that deal, Russian never actually made any aircraft carriers before, the ones soviets had were all made in Ukraine, and the shipbuilding company were given to Ukraine after the split.

So yeah, the delays and cost increase with refitting are expected given their lack of experience. Is like India are paying for Russia's tuition fee.

Under a contract for Rosoboronexport, Sevmash is completing repair and modification work on the former Soviet heavy aircraft carrying cruiser Admiral Gorshkov, transforming it into a modern aircraft carrier named INS Vikramaditya for the Indian Navy.

JSC PO Sevmash (Russian: ОАО «ПО „Севмаш“», Севмаш, СМП) is a shipbuilding company based in Severodvinsk, a port city on Russia's White Sea. The name Sevmash is an abbreviation of Severnoye Mashinostroitelnoye Predpriyatie (Северное Машиностроительное Предприятие), i.e. "Northern Machine-Building Enterprise". Sevmash is the largest shipbuilding enterprise in Russia

So please take your bulcrap somewhere else

Its a very interesting topic
Aircraft carriers?
India bought a decomissioned AC from russia worth more then 2 billion$$
But its very interesting tht the brazilians bought there sao paulo for only 12 million$ from france?:cheesy::cheesy:
Sure it was 4 decades old so what so was indias?
Yes i know the brasilians are doing work on it but even then they bought it very damn cheap.I mean whats 12 million$ u cant even buy 5 tanks with tht much.....u can upgrade it easily in a decade if ur very poor like the brasilians they bought it in 2000 and now ots operational.
Cant Pakistan do the same buy a A.C and upgrade it slowly within its pockets reach?
Id like ur input.
Reguards:pakistan:

Clemenceau-class aircraft carrier
Displacement: 24,200 tonnes
32,800 tonnes (full load)
Length: 265 m (869 ft)

In commission: 22 November 1961

Modified Kiev class aircraft carrier
44,570 tons full load[3]
Length: 283.1 m overall

Commissioned: 1987 (Soviet Union),

I hope your do understand the meaning of "decade"
Well you are comparing a ship commissioned in 1961 with a ship commissioned in 1987. It's like asking why is PAF buying f16's instead of buying f86 sabres.

Before acquiring nukes everyone frightened Pakistanis about the costs. Pakistan's economy is surely better than what it was in 1948 when Jinnah had booked the HMS Hercules. Even Thailand has been owning a carrier. It's not the cost. It's really the political will - national will. PN definitely needs a carrier.

Well I think Indian definitely got ripped off on that deal, Russian never actually made any aircraft carriers before, the ones soviets had were all made in Ukraine, and the shipbuilding company were given to Ukraine after the split.

So yeah, the delays and cost increase with refitting are expected given their lack of experience. Is like India are paying for Russia's tuition fee.

Changing a ordinary vintage car into mercedes needs money:)

Before acquiring nukes everyone frightened Pakistanis about the costs. Pakistan's economy is surely better than what it was in 1948 when Jinnah had booked the HMS Hercules. Even Thailand has been owning a carrier. It's not the cost. It's really the political will - national will. PN definitely needs a carrier.

source plz ... ....

Look at the map sideways (from Pakistan) to see distance to target, that is if we ever get carriers....

Distance+To+Target+Operation+Enduring+Freedom+All+Tactical+And+Bomber+Aircraft+Flightpaths.jpg

Back
Top Bottom