What's new

Air-To-Air Missiles | Command of the air.

SIR Pshamim--
Yes. We got some MAA-1A last August and September. B version still in testing but contracts may have been signed. India is not very happy and it thinks because of Brazil and India being part of BRIC Brazil should not support Pakistan.

However, theremay have been an agreemnt in place according to which Pakistan and Brazil, probably Mectron will share the development costs 50:50. I am not sure if the agreement was for MAR-1 or MAA-1B. Mectron is reported to have added 60 more engineers after the agreement so it is most likely to benefit from this agreement

South Africa and Brazil are cooperating in the development of "A" darter missile which is undergoing tests. Hopefully, the production will start in 2013 and Pakistan is the first country to show interest. It has shown its willingness to buy at least 500 to 1000 of this missile for $450,000 each. This news has already been published before and not a secret.

laad09_42.jpg

250px-DANEL0094.jpg

MunirQUOTE

Maa-1a (now) = 3rd gen = python 3 = average aim 9L
Maa-1b (2012) = 4th gen dual seeker = python 4 = latest versions Aim9L
Darter (2015) = 5th gen digital seeker = python 5 = aim9X

all will be PAF JF17 WVR options.
PAF bought MAR 1 for around 108 million for 100 missiles. That is around three times more per missile then the HARM average, and 25% more then the E variant. This is excluding testing and shipping (smile) so we can be sure that certain degree of TOT is involved. If you know that the initial investment for MAA-1b is only 3 million...

Something that should be added is the way Brasil handled it. Pure secrecy and good relaionship. They knew Pakistani situation cause they were (are) in it the same way for years. USA has blocked "sensitive" "dual" parts more then a few times to Brasil. Even the MAR-1 was delayed due to US action to stop direct and indirect parts being shipped to Brasil. These were the laser gyros, the seeker, engine. You see the mastered it and moved to a new level with second versions with more range (hence the burning time of MAA1A versus MAA1B is 2 to 6 and MAR1 has a lo more range) and better sensors (MAA1A has dual mode seeker, roll mechanism a la Python 4, high off bore sight and HMD, same attack pattern as Python 4). I needs to be added that Brasil has Python 4 in its service so they know what they do. It is not all new invention.

actually there is bad news!

S/Africa and Brazil are co-opting in the development of the A-Darter AAM's but the third as yet not announced partner is India (being BRIC countries)

therefore I doubt very much that the Darter series AAm's will come Pakistan's way - any individual relationship outside this partnership that is to say Brazil-Pak or SA-Pak could still evolve but highly un-likely.

actually there is bad news!

S/Africa and Brazil are co-opting in the development of the A-Darter AAM's but the third as yet not announced partner is India (being BRIC countries)

therefore I doubt very much that the Darter series AAm's will come Pakistan's way - any individual relationship outside this partnership that is to say Brazil-Pak or SA-Pak could still evolve but highly un-likely.

If true.. that is another brilliant coup pulled off by India.

Nope Pakistan was Intrested and is intrested in R-Darter , AMRAAM and MICA But global politics are Against it.

the Best part about R-darter is that It dosent uses Active Guidance , Meaning by its a Passive Heat seeker that too From a BV Range, its a true Silent killer.

I doubt if there is any such technology as a Passive heat seeking beyond visual range air to air missile. It is just too good to be true.

I doubt if there is any such technology as a Passive heat seeking beyond visual range air to air missile. It is just too good to be true.

Yes you are right; however radar homing for initial phase then turning passive heat seeking for terminal stage is as good as true

2231770230104391629S600x600Q85.jpg

Chengdu J-10 w/ Thunderbolt AAM
2434818190104391629S600x600Q85.jpg

pl8
2147055250104391629S500x500Q85.jpg

a KH-31A ASM /
2008925520104391629S425x425Q85.jpg

2602037110104391629S425x425Q85.jpg

Xian H6K
2421800810104391629S425x425Q85.jpg

chinese friends , are these the pics that were removed from the chinese site of the secret chinese missile equavalent to aim120d?

milit128.jpg
milit129.jpg
milit130.jpg

the french aviation fans are really interested in these pics

Back
Top Bottom