What's new

Air Marshal (R) Shahid Latif on wonders Pakistan's JF-17 Thunder hold

Shahid Latif is a persona friend and lives a short walk from my house. You will find few men who love pakistan more. He is a straight shooter and doesnt like bullshit.
He has shared the difficulties he had with the chinese in order to get the project to completion. The chinese are a secretive but business minded and its a myth that what they have we have. Now things have changed due to CPEC. Their investments have to be protected and if pakistan can do The fighting even better.

Shahid Latif is a persona friend and lives a short walk from my house. You will find few men who love pakistan more. He is a straight shooter and doesnt like bullshit.
He has shared the difficulties he had with the chinese in order to get the project to completion. The chinese are a secretive but business minded and its a myth that what they have we have. Now things have changed due to CPEC. Their investments have to be protected and if pakistan can do The fighting even better.

One of the sanest things I have read here for some time. Pakistan needs to study them w.r.t social, historical, anthropological and cultural aspect to understand why they do what they do and how have they done it, maybe we could than be able to implement some lessons over here.

As for the article, this jazbatiat is never healthy and once it gets to the head, it is a ride to neverland.
Air Marshal Shahid Latif is an asset for us and this article does not do justice to him.

All these fancy western fighters and equipment only good for show

JF17 Block III with ASEA and PL-15 could equalise against Rafale R4 any day

Western country’s don’t lose fighters because of politics

One on one Eastern equipment is just as good with better people

All these fancy western fighters and equipment only good for show

JF17 Block III with ASEA and PL-15 could equalise against Rafale R4 any day

Western country’s don’t lose fighters because of politics

One on one Eastern equipment is just as good with better people
Wr have the best of both world. Jf17 isnt just an eastern fighter. If design philosophy is iterative development. This is shown through block 3.
Our pilots train against the best. CCS is as good as any school in the world. Chinese tech isnt as bad as people make out and in some fields better than the west.
Indians love talking...i am glad the always thought they were better. I know if war had started they would have suffered badly.

In light weight class category, JF17 is performing above than expectation in such limited budget. Its perfect choice, in such budget constraints. JF 17 is best thing happened in our aviation industry. We can also play with it whatever we want with weapons, free sanction prone. No spare parts issue during cold war. As it is open structure , Upgrades will continue in future.

In light weight class category, JF17 is performing above than expectation in such limited budget. Its perfect choice, in such budget constraints. JF 17 is best thing happened in our aviation industry. We can also play with it whatever we want with weapons, free sanction prone. No spare parts issue during cold war. As it is open structure , Upgrades will continue in future.
Thats the beauty of the JF17...its ours, its cheap, its effective, its massive bang for buck, and best of all it can really fight.

Don't forget about our airborne systems they also work exceptional but curious about indians they were using 2 diff kind of airborne systems(US too) with 2 totally diff countries technology(mirage and russian) how they performed?

we need twin engine faster aircraft with more payload. for our future and better economy.
For what? Use your brain. Just for the sake of having a bomb truck? Can you get a twin engine craft better than SU-30MKI? What we did with even that monster? We need latest missiles and smart long range munitions.

For what? Use your brain. Just for the sake of having a bomb truck? Can you get a twin engine craft better than SU-30MKI? What we did with even that monster? We need latest missiles and smart long range munitions.
I would pick a lighter highly agile fighter for airdefence over a big brute any day

Wr have the best of both world. Jf17 isnt just an eastern fighter. If design philosophy is iterative development. This is shown through block 3.
Our pilots train against the best. CCS is as good as any school in the world. Chinese tech isnt as bad as people make out and in some fields better than the west.
Indians love talking...i am glad the always thought they were better. I know if war had started they would have suffered badly.
Chinese tech was bad 30 years ago, even 10-15 years ago..but they have camw long way because of hardwork and large R&D and ToT from all over the world

i've watched this so many times . i have now the ability to notice the vein bulging on AIR MARSHAL SHAHID LATIF's forehead whenever that anchor spoke

As for the number 17 and the name thunder I have the following observations:

17 Turkic horsemen conquered the entire Bengal, in the 13th century, without chopping a single head off.....

This raging thunder storm is the Turkish(=Pak) Army O LORD,
This is the Army to die for YOUR sake O LORD,
Let them raise with Azan YOUR NAME
Render them victorious, for they are the Last Army of Islam.
- Yahya Kemal, the first Turkish Ambassador to Pakistan

Let's see what 17 JF17s can do....

lols no bs is bs no mater who writes it!!

i stopped ready when he talked about israeli pilots and how he asked instructor if pakistani pilots can fly with them even though jews had 300 hours of flying experience and us only 15 hours and blah blah!!

fazul chooray honay ka shook hai its sounds bs to me!

Hi,

- U---me and some other pakistanis who lived in Ogden Utah at that time---were second hand witness to that---. The Ogden tribune was full of praise pakistani pilots at Hill Air Force Base---. They were the surprise superstars as F16 pilots---. There were articles written about the pak pilots in the local and Salt lake city news papers---.

The surprise was that no other air force pilots could take on the american pilots---yet the pakistanis would---.

The americans had not seen such capable F16 ilots and hill afb was the largest F16 base---. There were couple of pakistani guys who could take on the best of the best american F16 pilots and beat them flat out---.

If he stated that pakistani pilots with 12 hours performed better than the 300 hrs israeli pilots---then that was not a lie---. So---sc-rew you you pos---.

I remember that short little pakistani sqdrn leader in Ogden based at Hill afb---he was the survivor of an F6 ejection over Shorkot---broke his neck---yet he survived---. He would say we openly challenge the israelis here on training---yet none would combat with us---.

So---@newb3e---keep your B S to your self---Paf generals may have other issues---but the fighting crop is on a different pleateau---.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom