What's new

Air Force Question Thread

If we had a robust economy, i would have Typhoons in PAF rather than F-15s.
How come? Is it because a Typhoon trainer Shot Down 2 F15's during a flight over the Lake District? Typhoons have supercruise capabilities but can it shoot down a F22 Raptor?:undecided:

How come? Is it because a Typhoon trainer Shot Down 2 F15's during a flight over the Lake District? Typhoons have supercruise capabilities but can it shoot down a F22 Raptor?:undecided:
Hello,
Why do you want PAF to go Bankrupt? (that is if they already aren't)
These were 2009 approximate costs of operating these aircrafts Per flying Hour..

Gripen $3,000 - $4,500 USD
F-16 approximately $5,000 USD
Rafale $16,000 USD
F-22 $19,000-$40,000 USD
F-15C $17,000-$30,000 USD
Eurofighter Typhoon - $14,000 USD

Today the costs will be much higher,

Hello,
I don't want them to go bankrupt I am not from PPP! I was just asking a question.
BTW I would like to thank you for the information you provided me.

If you've got the money like saudis and arabs Nations generally you could buy anything and everything like fruits a little this and little that.

:hitwall:For wish list contact nishan_101, azadpakistan and a latest entry i don't remember his ID.

Because i will buy the Typhoons on maximum industrial technology seeding contracts, with full avionics, AESA radar, composite materials and EJ-200 technology transfer. Then i will use the EJ-200s produced in Pakistan to power the JF-17s new blocks, then i will upgrade the EJ-200 to a 100 Kn output configuration and join SAC J-31 Research,development and production as a full partner.

Then i'll utilise the upgraded EJ-200 to power the J-31. So i'd have 3 jets 1 engine = low operating and maintenance/spare parts costs = more jets we could buy = an air force lethal enough to match the capabilities of our highly trained and deadly pilots. Lastly, i would use the same EJ-200 technology to develop smaller turbofans to extend Babur cruise missile's range up to 2500-kms which means i would have the ability to launch a stealthy conventional attack on 100% Indian territory, day or night at moment's notice.

Now you know why i'd buy Typhoons instead of F-15s, and yes you, are free to call that my wishful thinking.

i don't no but why u asking ervery one , who give pakistan F 5 jets tempary in 1971 war, msamjha nai ap Q pouch rahy ho is m kia koi khass bt ahi

Ok ppl can anyone tell me the best radar in pakistani f-16's??apg-66 or 68?

If apg-68 then which version and the specifications of that radar like range etc

Does f-16 have a dedicated irst??If yes then range will be appreciated

Because i will buy the Typhoons on maximum industrial technology seeding contracts, with full avionics, AESA radar, composite materials and EJ-200 technology transfer. Then i will use the EJ-200s produced in Pakistan to power the JF-17s new blocks, then i will upgrade the EJ-200 to a 100 Kn output configuration and join SAC J-31 Research,development and production as a full partner.

Then i'll utilise the upgraded EJ-200 to power the J-31. So i'd have 3 jets 1 engine = low operating and maintenance/spare parts costs = more jets we could buy = an air force lethal enough to match the capabilities of our highly trained and deadly pilots. Lastly, i would use the same EJ-200 technology to develop smaller turbofans to extend Babur cruise missile's range up to 2500-kms which means i would have the ability to launch a stealthy conventional attack on 100% Indian territory, day or night at moment's notice.

Now you know why i'd buy Typhoons instead of F-15s, and yes you, are free to call that my wishful thinking.

Now I would call it something else!!!! But out of sheer civility stay out>
Regards
Araz

Now I would call it something else!!!! But out of sheer civility I will stay out.
Regards
Araz

Does PAF speak with each other in English or in Urdu?

In dogfights to other pilots?
On Ground?
Air to ground control?

@Aeronaut @Oscar

yara are all the PAF's F-16A/B Block 15 and F-16A/B Block 15 OCU going through MLU ?

also , how much service life is left !!!

@That Guy any idea mate ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think only in English, You can finde it out, when you will see this Video.

It starts at 04:17 a very interesting and nice Video.

The video is interesting, but also kind of disappointing.
Assuming it doesn't really matter which language is spoken as long as the job's done.
I would also like to point out air defense radar say's scramble 2 F-16's, but 1 F-16 and 1 F-7 is deployed. Why?
Also i had no idea how much of a huge rule ground support play's while pursuing the target.

This is all of course assuming this video is 100% exactly how PAF would act in such an incident. Which i doubt they would release to the public.

@Aeronaut @Oscar

yara are all the PAF's F-16A/B Block 15 and F-16A/B Block 15 OCU going through MLU ?

also , how much service life is left !!!

@That Guy any idea mate ?

I'm pretty sure they're all going through it, it would only make sense, having said that, I don't know for sure.

The F-16s, even the early models, were made to last well within the 21st century. Now, taking into account that Pakistan got it's fighters in the mid 80s, and if they were sent straight from the factory floor to Pakistan, they're pretty much finished around half their expected life cycle, maybe a bit more.

Other than this, I can't say much. I don't know enough about aircrafts, especially the F-16, to make a better guess than this, I'm more of a drone guy. Try asking gambit, he and I may disagree on political issues, but when it comes to aircrafts, he's pretty knowledgable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
These were 2009 approximate costs of operating these aircrafts Per flying Hour..

Gripen $3,000 - $4,500 USD
F-16 approximately $5,000 USD
Rafale $16,000 USD
F-22 $19,000-$40,000 USD
F-15C $17,000-$30,000 USD
Eurofighter Typhoon - $14,000 USD

Today the costs will be much higher,

The current operating costs of F-35A vary between $40,000 to $45,000 per hour. The reason why most of the states are turning towards Eurofighters.

Can anyone tell whats the upcoming registration date for applying PAF as commissioned officer? I know 25 Aug was the last date but im late... Whats the next ? Any idea

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom