What's new

Air Force Question Thread

I would like to know that we heavily invest in multi role platform but what about taking a look at some dedicated platforms like Tornado to replace A-5's?

This is a interesting question.....I am sure it was covered before. But the shortfalls of the available aircraft during previous conflicts, created the purchase of the A-5. So would there be a dedicated ground attack wing of multi role aircraft?

This is a interesting question.....I am sure it was covered before. But the shortfalls of the available aircraft during previous conflicts, created the purchase of the A-5. So would there be a dedicated ground attack wing of multi role aircraft?

the JF-17 is expected to perform many roles for the PAF once fully inducted and integrated in the PAF by 2014.

1. Air-Defence.
2. Interdiction - ground attack.
3. ant-ship.

the JF-17 is expected to perform many roles for the PAF once fully inducted and integrated in the PAF by 2014.

1. Air-Defence.
2. Interdiction - ground attack.
3. ant-ship.

I believe so too, its a dream come true for pakistan. As the plane is more tested an engaged with other planes such as f16 etc. It will give paf a good understanding of the plane and also how they can make improvements for the future batches.

Haider,

I believe tha PAF had an older version of C 130 that came with the jato kit on the sides. Other than that sample, I don't think any other plane had that option----I can be corrected here.

Can anybody confirm that we have 38 A-5s instead of 40? I think x_man or MuradK should know. I do know that A-5s are already being retired however.

PAF ever use JATO or ZEL takeoff ?

I remember a PAF pilot telling me that some of the Mirage-111 were equiped with Jet assisted take off. Hon Murad is this correct??

I remember a PAF pilot telling me that some of the Mirage-111 were equiped with Jet assisted take off. Hon Murad is this correct??

I commanded 9 SQD when they were equipped with Mirages In my days I never saw one do it , yes I saw one with F-6 but in China never with a mirage but there are air forces who do use them on mirage. photo attached . Our C-130 do them very often specially in gilgit when the load is to high.
If they are doing it now in PAF I am not aware of it.

4906ee7f5e67c12053a8b04fdbe1ff10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anybody confirm that we have 38 A-5s instead of 40? I think x_man or MuradK should know. I do know that A-5s are already being retired however.

the original order was for 52 a/c. quite a few have perished due to accidents. so 38 seems right (2 squadron strength). i remember there was a time when the PAF wanted 150 of these babies. actually the PAF pilots are not too keen on this type.!

Haider,

I believe tha PAF had an older version of C 130 that came with the jato kit on the sides. Other than that sample, I don't think any other plane had that option----I can be corrected here.

i think it was the L-100 civilian version of the C-130!

i want to know if our K-8s are also used in light attacks for traning porpuse..

i want to know if our K-8s are also used in light attacks for traning porpuse..

K-8 could be used as a light bomber not only for training purpose, but in actual conflict as well.

K-8 could be used as a light bomber not only for training purpose, but in actual conflict as well.

i have seen K-8s over kabul River in Nowsharra.. i will post a 35 sec video when i was in PAF accadimy, got the T-37 K-8 mushsak and super sushak line up!:bounce:..
my point is.. is PAF using K-8s for combat traning porpose?

i have seen K-8s over kabul River in Nowsharra.. i will post a 35 sec video when i was in PAF accadimy, got the T-37 K-8 mushsak and super sushak line up!:bounce:..
my point is.. is PAF using K-8s for combat traning porpose?

I dont believe so as the PAF dosnt have enough K-8s in their inventory.

Back
Top Bottom