What's new

Air Force Question Thread

As being widely reported in our media that IAF's limited air strike is almost inevitable. My question is do we have enough capability to counter that attack which will most probably target "Mureedke" where jamat Al Dawa (Lashker -e Taiba) is based and some other so called camps in Azad Kashmir...
Also what are our chances of retaliation OR we will just react the same as we use to do after every Predator ???

itruduce your self bro and read there is thread already open abut this

I have a question for all of you, i have asked myself with operations in the Norther and tribal area looking more and more as if they are not going to be short term operations, does the PAF intend to improve its close air support facilities, for example would not the AC 130 spectre gunship be an effective weapons system for supporting troops. Iknow the USAF has plans to reduce its fleet by 30 aircraft this year alone so we could in thery purchas them.

What are your thoughts?
Regarsd RS4

I have a question for all of you, i have asked myself with operations in the Norther and tribal area looking more and more as if they are not going to be short term operations, does the PAF intend to improve its close air support facilities, for example would not the AC 130 spectre gunship be an effective weapons system for supporting troops. Iknow the USAF has plans to reduce its fleet by 30 aircraft this year alone so we could in thery purchas them.

What are your thoughts?
Regarsd RS4

I am sure the AC-130 would be a great addition to the PAF However I would suggest that a 3 aircraft complement would be needed.(one in maintenance one in ops and one on standby) at $130-190 million per unit it would place it beyond the budget of the PAF at the moment. And bear in mind the cost does not include the support costs. thats at least half a billion plus in costs. If The U.S. releases some in EDA then maybe.

As being widely reported in our media that IAF's limited air strike is almost inevitable. My question is do we have enough capability to counter that attack which will most probably target "Mureedke" where jamat Al Dawa (Lashker -e Taiba) is based and some other so called camps in Azad Kashmir...
Also what are our chances of retaliation OR we will just react the same as we use to do after every Predator ???

not likely friend!

I am sure the AC-130 would be a great addition to the PAF However I would suggest that a 3 aircraft complement would be needed.(one in maintenance one in ops and one on standby) at $130-190 million per unit it would place it beyond the budget of the PAF at the moment. And bear in mind the cost does not include the support costs. thats at least half a billion plus in costs. If The U.S. releases some in EDA then maybe.

agreed but like the A-10 Warthog, the AC-130 is for exclusive use of the US.

agreed but like the A-10 Warthog, the AC-130 is for exclusive use of the US.
Actually they were going to export the A10 at one point (after GW1)
The problem is that they are a luxury of sorts. As few airforces have the budget for a dedicated ground attack aircraft that is as expensive as the warthog.

We have 1 AC-130 gunship. But we will not use that until we are sure that the bad guys are there. Intel coming from abroad or through SAT will not. Last thing PAF wants to kill innocent Pakistanis.

No conform reports as of yet nor as is there any conform report of our interest in it there are only rumors going around ! but i do hope we get it !!

4b7966c3513b4e77f9443195f5bdf449.jpg

YEAH PAKISTAN SHOULD GET THEM....I THINK CHINA WOULD SELL THEM TO PAKISTAN

Back
Top Bottom