What's new

Air Force Question Thread

It is still 200. We are only planing to build 60 planes (B3 and dual seats B2) in next 6 years, and Project AZM won’t be ready until 2030. PAF is not planning to acquire any new platform in next 10 years. Even if USA agreed to sell new F-16s, it won’t be more than 18. Acquiring older F-16s should be much easier now then 2 years ago. 18 new and 18 older F-16s, that’s 36 planes if IK play his cards correctly.

Question still remains, how are we going to replace 200 older planes?
I dont think we should run after newer 16s at all. If we need newer fighters we should build more JFTs. The blackmail from US needs to stop and the only way this is going to happen is if we stop using US equipment. I dont think it will matter much as US wants to retain its influence in PA/PAF it will come running after you with offers galore. Remember they will never let go of Pakistan without doing a balancing act vis a vis India and Pakistan.
A

I dont think we should run after newer 16s at all. If we need newer fighters we should build more JFTs. The blackmail from US needs to stop and the only way this is going to happen is if we stop using US equipment. I dont think it will matter much as US wants to retain its influence in PA/PAF it will come running after you with offers galore. Remember they will never let go of Pakistan without doing a balancing act vis a vis India and Pakistan.
A

PAF and our generals want more American equipment so they have a reason to visit USA. Love affair between PAF and F-16 will remain active.

How many F-7s are left??? @Tipu7 said that there are only 2 sq. left.

@Dazzler @Windjammer
One squadron of F7/FT7-P
Sq18 Sharp Shooters

Three Squadrons of F7/FT7-PG
Sq 17 Tigers
Sq 20 Cheetahs
Sq 23 Talons

In total, roughly 85 F7P/PG aircrafts are still operational in PAF. (including dual seat variants)

Last edited:
No 18 is called.....Sharp Shooters, whereas Shooters is the new F-7 LIFT unit.
Hmmm. Meaning both squadrons go side by side where Sharp Shooters is a dedicated combat squadron while Shooters is its extension meant for LIFT purposes.

Hmmm. Meaning both squadrons go side by side where Sharp Shooters is a dedicated combat squadron while Shooters is its extension meant for LIFT purposes.
Nopes.....Sharpshooters are home base Rafiqui while Shooters is stationed in M M ALAM Base, Minawali.

And Shooters squadron No is?
78yEQkQ.jpg

No 18 sharpshooter is the last f-7p sqn still there unless the new jf sqn in works replaces it ?? One by March expected ??

Shooter was new LIFT type temp sqn made up of f-7ps airframes with some hours left and will be disbanded or replaced by jf or something else who knows

PAF and our generals want more American equipment so they have a reason to visit USA. Love affair between PAF and F-16 will remain active.
It may not be the sole reason. Yes certain people may have benefited from these Lockmart/PAF /USA deals but the issue remains that in spite of sanction the 16s remain our fronline fighters to date. The maturity of equipment and the weapons system and the price makes it an ideal weapons system. We did not have any alternative either as the French are prohibitively expensive and the EU poses the same problems in addition to being in the US pockets. The Red bear/has kept his tous away from us till fairly recently and the Chinese are only just breaking into the party. So retrospectively thinking where were our options looking at price vs capabilities? I am sure our independence decision has also been shaped by these factors and what it has given us in spite of limited time in the industry is matchless performance on a price scale which we can afford. PAC seems like a small child spoilt rotten in a Toys factory where it gets to make its own toys as per its specifications. We have our Chinese brothers to thank for this endeavour along with the hard work of some of our stalwarts. It needs vision to be able to set up on newer directions but once the way becomes clearer everyone can follow this route.
A

Nopes.....Sharpshooters are home base Rafiqui while Shooters is stationed in M M ALAM Base, Minawali.
Sharp Shooters home base is Mianwali,they left Rafiqui in 2013/14.

Both squadrons are based in Mianwali.

I make it at least four squadrons still equipped with a mix of F-7Ps and F-7PGs.
17...18...20 and 23.....plus the Shooter LIFT unit.
You forgot Sky Bolts from CCS

Back
Top Bottom