What's new

Ahmadinejad slams push for Islamic life

@ Albanian, go worry about your own country

@ S00R3NA

Out of every 10 middle and upper class young Iranians, at least half of them don't even call themselves muslims and the other half who do, are nothing but statistical muslims, incuding you yourself most likely. Only "pain shahr" people and older gen are actually practicing muslims.

Kollang and S00R3NA, do you guys pray? Go to mosque? I will gurantee that at least one of you drinks and you probably both have girl friends and have sex as well. You're part of that half that call yourselves muslims but in reality you're just "statistical muslims" and nothing more.

Iran has the lowest mosque attendance in all the Islamic world at 1.4%!! Only 30% of the people in Iran even pray at home (I highly doubt that this is true and it should be even lower. Those 30% probably got scared and answered yes in the survey).

@ Kollang, lotfan enghad shoar nade. It's all "shoar," nothing more.

I'm young and a university student where I can see people have your idea . Going to mosque doesn't mean some one is Muslim , I'm Muslim and I pray at home whenever I can , not as a constraint or for being afraid of hell and etc some extremists believe .

Where I live there are around 30 university students have come Tehran from other cities . most of them are Muslim , so stop lying here .

You say half of the Iranian youth are not Muslims but Its a big big lie . You should say half of the Youth who's living in Tehran specially up town . I respect them and their beliefs .

You need to take a look on Iranian youth during muharram to see the truth . I also have lots of friends don't pray and don't go to the mosque but believe in Islam .

Your idea about mosques is funny and no need to answer .

Here we reach that why you people hate Islam ?

Most of western liberal and secular people think Islam has sent Muslim countries behind but go and read Quran and what the prophet said and have a look on Muslim leaders like prophet and Imam Ali .

You wont find anything encouraging muslims to be lazy , easy going and slave people . All you find is trying , hard working .

Again many secular like you think Islam is the reason Iran is not advancing but its our own fault that we've got behind and been a tool for the westerns not Islam . Just have a look on our society , while people always try to be the boss , while every single living thing in Iran tries to do the least job and gets the most salary while no one does its job well so how can you expect a county with such fat as$es advance ? Iran was ruled by seculars and pro western governors for almost 2 centuries but what happened ?

The real Islam is the only key of advancing in Iran or we should be under one of the super powers balls .

At the end I should add that , People are not muslims by a blind choice , nowadays every one reads and accepts it with open eyes .

Wait, Mr Nijad is himself the president...why he is "slamming" the push for so-called 'Islamic Life' ? Why doesn't he order that from now on, people should not "enforce" Islamic dress code on girls etc? (While keeping the ban on Western clothes though lol)

Wait, Mr Nijad is himself the president...why he is "slamming" the push for so-called 'Islamic Life' ? Why doesn't he order that from now on, people should not "enforce" Islamic dress code on girls etc? (While keeping the ban on Western clothes though lol)
Its BS dude .

The liberty in Iran is increasing .

You just need to compare the liberty after the revolution with today .

Or compare the liberty in universities 15 years ago with today .

Even in dressing . The governors know that if they wanted put the pressure it would be end of their lives .

Most of the girls dress like this in universities here .

daneshgah_azad_2.jpg

daneshgah_azad_3.jpg

daneshgah_azad_5.jpg

22420534119209460579.jpg

daneshgah_azad_9.jpg

daneshgah_azad_12.jpg

daneshgah_azad_11.jpg

I myself believe its ridiculous to force people do what they don't believe in like wearing Islamic dresses and ... . The governors should free these stuffs .

yes i have a girl friend but i dont touch her so much.and she is very hOT.so is it against the sharia?and yes i say my prayers most of the time.(sometimes i can not wake up for morning prayers).
and no,i dont go to mosque most of the time because im not a do-nothing person like saudis.anyway mosques are the great place for relaxing.BEST PLACE!
btw your numbers are bulshit.just susuls in north of tehran are like what you are.

:lol: so much

On topic- There should be a free and fair referendum in Iran to know what most people want. A theocratic state or a secular and liberal democracy.Then this never ending debate will find a conclusion.

^ Well, almost all the girls in your pictures are dressed according to 'Islamic Dress Code' ...Good , if no one is forcing these girls to wear clothes.

:lol: so much

On topic- There should be a free and fair referendum in Iran to know what most people want. A theocratic state or a secular and liberal democracy.Then this never ending debate will find a conclusion.

Thank you

If they were sure of the results, they wouldn't force people to dress like arabs. They force our men to have certain haircuts and dress modestly and they force our women to wear the chador in certain places and at minimum cover their hair and wear modest clothing everywhere else. They force their stupid shria laws on people and also enforce it through the police. They ban alcohol. Our taxes and oil money is wasted on policing these idiotic barbaric laws.

Again, if they thought people would follow these barbaric 6th century laws on their own, they wouldn't force them and make them laws.

~70% of Iran today was born after the communist/Islamic revolution of 1979. We weren't born back then, we didn't vote for these arabesque charlatans in power and we demand that our voices be heard.

^ Well, almost all the girls in your pictures are dressed according to 'Islamic Dress Code' ...Good , if no one is forcing these girls to wear clothes.

lol of course they're being forced.

That black cloth on their head is called "roosari" or "maghnae." They have to cover their head. Over the years women have loosened it up more and more and now the monkeys in power just force people to have it on your had, even if some hair is showing. They're also wearing coats b/c they're not allowed to show the shape of your body. unmarried men and women aren't allowed to hold hands. Premarital sex is banned. Alcohol is banned. Mingling with the other gender before marriage is banned. You can't have relationship of any sort with the opposite sex before marriage. Iranian women aren't allowed to enter soccer stadiums while foreign women are allowed. I can give you a list that goes on and on. These are the good stuff actually. I can give you some stuff that would make your ears pop.

my point is that , They're forced but when you compare them with 15 years ago , you'll get the differences .

I'm pro Islam but not as a force on people . Lots of laws should be changed in Iran .

Thank you

If they were sure of the results, they wouldn't force people to dress like arabs.

They force our men to have certain haircuts and dress modestly and they force our women to wear the chador in certain places and at minimum cover their hair and wear modest clothing everywhere else. They force their stupid shria laws on people and also enforce it through the police. They ban alcohol. Our taxes and oil money is wasted on policing these idiotic barbaric laws.

Again, if they thought people would follow these barbaric 6th century laws on their own, they wouldn't force them and make them laws.

~70% of Iran today was born after the communist/Islamic revolution of 1979. We weren't born back then, we didn't vote for these arabesque charlatans in power and we demand that our voices be heard.

lol of course they're being forced.

That black cloth on their head is called "roosari" or "maghnae." They have to cover their head. Over the years women have loosened it up more and more and now the monkeys in power just force people to have it on your had, even if some hair is showing. They're also wearing coats b/c they're not allowed to show the shape of your body. unmarried men and women aren't allowed to hold hands. Premarital sex is banned. Alcohol is banned. Mingling with the other gender before marriage is banned. You can't have relationship of any sort with the opposite sex before marriage. Iranian women aren't allowed to enter soccer stadiums while foreign women are allowed. I can give you a list that goes on and on. These are the good stuff actually. I can give you some stuff that would make your ears pop.

Islam is not an Arabian religion , don't be that racist man .

You call yourself a liberal person while you haven't learnt to respect other religions . I agree with some of your thoughts like this but not with your language .

The western culture and liberty hasn't given us anything except the nice memories of ghajar and pahlavi and what you call barbaric 6th century law is the religion of 20% of worlds' population . please watch your mouth .

communist/Islamic revolution of 1979 ? The revolution had a great goal and was respectable . 3 years ago 88% of people took part in election and voted the system . you deny that ?

Most of women not these girls care about their cover and want that , The women don't want hijab are less then 20 % of the society . I respect them and believe they shouldn't be forced and that's why I don't agree with our system in many ways .

I agree , we need changes here .

We're done with you here . You are neither an Iranian , nor care about this country . n other word you have nothing to do with it or it's people . Live your life in Canada and let Iranians make their own decision cos most Iranians have nothing common with your affected western opinions and care about their culture's values .

Islam is not an Arabian religion , don't be that racist man .

lmao

Than what is it? How is it racism? Check the def'n of the word in the dictionary.

It's like saying Zoroastrianism isn't an Iranian religion! Of course it's an Iranian religion. Islam is an arabic religion. Abrahamic religions are Semitic religions.

Semitic Religions: In a religious context, the term 'Semitic' can refer to the religions associated with the speakers of these languages: thus Judaism, Christianity and Islam are often described as "Semitic religions" (irrespective of language family spoken by their adherents).

You call yourself a liberal person while you haven't learnt to respect other religions . I agree with some of your thoughts like this but not with your language .

I never called myself anything on this site. But yeah, I am a liberal (a liberal progressive actually).

In any case, where I live, saying Islam is an arab religion is neither a crime nor is it even an insult as it's a factual statement. Americans and Euros even say that about christianity, their own religion. All three Abrahamic religions are Semitic Religions and that's a fact, not an insult.

The western culture and liberty hasn't given us anything except the nice memories of ghajar and pahlavi and what you call barbaric 6th century law is the religion of 20% of worlds' population . please watch your mouth .

watch my mouth? Sod off.
I don't give a crap how many people want to be muslim in this world, that's their choice. All I'm saying is that Iranians aren't what this regime is portraying and we need MAJOR reforms (although that's not going to happen and the mullahs+ their supporters will either have the same faith as Saddam/Ghadafi or the whole country is going to die away under sanctions as they get worse and worse).

And I love how you say Western culture hasn't given you anything. Before the Pahlavi regime Iran was A DUMP. The **** hole that was our nation before Reza Shah's Westernization campaign was even WORSE THAN Afghanistan. Iranians were living like 12th century Africans.

Watch this documentary and go kiss Reza Shah's feet for making Iran what it's today. People were living like pigs in a pigsty before Reza Shah's reforms.

communist/Islamic revolution of 1979 ? The revolution had a great goal and was respectable . 3 years ago 88% of people took in election and voted the system . you deny that ?

Most STUPID arguement I've ever heard. Don't become a lawyer.

So b/c people voted in elections it means people agree with the dictatorship? WTF are you talking about? Does this retarded arguement even make sense in your mind? My parents voted, my whole family voted, are you saying they agree with the system? lmao so Shias and Kurds liked Saddam's dictatorship b/c they voted in Saddam's so called elections? Did people in Egypt agree with Mubarak b/c they voted in the elections?

Most of women not these girls care about their cove and want that , The women don't want hijab are less then 20 % of the society . I respect them and believe they shouldn't be forced and that's why I don't agree with our system in many ways .

I agree , we need changes here .

Oh aren't you Mr. generous! Buddy, it's 2013 ffs. Only shitholes in the Middle East still have dictatorships. You gotta think bigger. Iran has become the dumpster of the world and we're discussing what women should or shouldn't wear. You don't see anything wrong with this?

We're done with you here . You are neither an Iranian , nor care about this country . n other word you have nothing to do with it or it's people . Live your life in Canada and let Iranians make their own decision cos most Iranians have nothing common with your affected western opinions and care about their culture's values .
Who the fuu are you again? My Iranian citizenship ID and passport say I'm Iranian. In a few years I'm going to be a home owner in Iran.

You're a hypocrite, you're a wannabe and a brat.

The next time there are demonstrations against IR, you YOURSELF will be amongst the people calling for change. What a hypocrite.

We've become a nation where in order to keep our dignity we have to lie to people. We have to lie and say "it's not that bad" or "at least Saudi Arabia is worst" <true statement about SA but just an excuse to buy sympathy. You think just b/c I live in Canada you can treat me the same way? You don't think I've lived in Iran? Buddy I went to elementrary school in Iran, I went to middle school in Iran, I've take trips to Iran, I have family in Iran, I can speak Persian... You're still trying to lie to me and yourself in order to keep some dignity.

I've got news for you, Iran under IR is a ******* **** hole and you know it better than me, b/c you're living there, I'm not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know what Iranians think in Iran, but abroad many live a modern life. Their associations with religion is not that strong abroad, many of them.

I think when you force people to do something, they will do it unwillingly, but when you leave it open they will chose religion out of own will.

I dont know what Iranians think in Iran, but abroad many live a modern life. Their associations with religion is not that strong abroad, many of them.

I think when you force people to do something, they will do it unwillingly, but when you leave it open they will chose religion out of own will.

This is obvious for everyone, cept the Iranian govt. Sometimes I think they're trying to destroy religion in Iran on purpose. My grandparents say Iranians were more religous during shah's time! So much irony.

Most people want Islam in Iran . Unfortunately some Iranian friends like Abii and Surenas that have been abroad almost their whole life try to show the picture of Iranians they like .

Some people think supporting Islam in Iran means supporting the current system which is not true . Millions of people are Muslim but against the system in Iran .

I don't know what your problem is with Islam , But people need to read about it to see what it says . If some Iranians think Islam is an Arabian religion , I ensure you they're racist and if you read their posts you'll find what I say .

Sir, I respect people like you. Personally, I am not too religious but I have healthy respect for Islam and our Islamic Values. I do not like Iranians who think they are more Western and than Westerners themselves. One should be comfortable under their one's own skin.

I run into people like @Abii in the US all the time where I have lived for the past 38 years and believe me Western people don't respect these fake people. First thing they do when they land in a Western country is they start calling themselves Moe ( Short for Muhammad ) . I have met more Iranian Moe's than American Moe's. Every second Iranian with first name Muhammad is Moe in the US, or they will pick up names as David or John or Peter etc. My question to them is what is wrong with the name your Parents choose for you. Fake people and they think Americans would respect them more if they take on Amercan names but the opposite is true. American people laugh at them behind their backs.

My advice to these jokers is be proud of who you are. Be Iranians because you have a very rich culture and Historical past. Don't try to be someone who you are not.

lmao

Than what is it? How is it racism? Check the def'n of the word in the dictionary.

It's like saying Zoroastrianism isn't an Iranian religion! Of course it's an Iranian religion. Islam is an arabic religion. Abrahamic religions are Semitic religions.

Semitic Religions: In a religious context, the term 'Semitic' can refer to the religions associated with the speakers of these languages: thus Judaism, Christianity and Islam are often described as "Semitic religions" (irrespective of language family spoken by their adherents).

I never called myself anything on this site. But yeah, I am a liberal (a liberal progressive actually).

In any case, where I live, saying Islam is an arab religion is neither a crime nor is it even an insult as it's a factual statement. Americans and Euros even say that about christianity, their own religion. All three Abrahamic religions are Semitic Religions and that's a fact, not an insult.

watch my mouth? Sod off.
I don't give a crap how many people want to be muslim in this world, that's their choice. All I'm saying is that Iranians aren't what this regime is portraying and we need MAJOR reforms (although that's not going to happen and the mullahs+ their supporters will either have the same faith as Saddam/Ghadafi or the whole country is going to die away under sanctions as they get worse and worse).

And I love how you say Western culture hasn't given you anything. Before the Pahlavi regime Iran was A DUMP. The **** hole that was our nation before Reza Shah's Westernization campaign was even WORSE THAN Afghanistan. Iranians were living like 12th century Africans.

Watch this documentary and go kiss Reza Shah's feet for making Iran what it's today. People were living like pigs in a pigsty before Reza Shah's reforms.

Most STUPID arguement I've ever heard. Don't become a lawyer.

So b/c people voted in elections it means people agree with the dictatorship? WTF are you talking about? Does this retarded arguement even make sense in your mind? My parents voted, my whole family voted, are you saying they agree with the system? lmao so Shias and Kurds liked Saddam's dictatorship b/c they voted in Saddam's so called elections? Did people in Egypt agree with Mubarak b/c they voted in the elections?

Oh aren't you Mr. generous! Buddy, it's 2013 ffs. Only shitholes in the Middle East still have dictatorships. You gotta think bigger. Iran has become the dumpster of the world and we're discussing what women should or shouldn't wear. You don't see anything wrong with this?

Who the fuu are you again? My Iranian citizenship ID and passport say I'm Iranian. In a few years I'm going to be a home owner in Iran.

You're a hypocrite, you're a wannabe and a brat.

The next time there are demonstrations against IR, you YOURSELF will be amongst the people calling for change. What a hypocrite.

We've become a nation where in order to keep our dignity we have to lie to people. We have to lie and say "it's not that bad" or "at least Saudi Arabia is worst" <true statement about SA but just an excuse to buy sympathy. You think just b/c I live in Canada you can treat me the same way? You don't think I've lived in Iran? Buddy I went to elementrary school in Iran, I went to middle school in Iran, I've take trips to Iran, I have family in Iran, I can speak Persian... You're still trying to lie to me and yourself in order to keep some dignity.

I've got news for you, Iran under IR is a ******* **** hole and you know it better than me, b/c you're living there, I'm not.

1.All the divine religions have come for the whole world not just a special race . Quran Verse prove that .

2.I think most people support the Islamic system here ( not the current government ) and the only reason they haven't stopped supporting the system is their belief in Islam . I agree there are lots of things need to be reformed and never deny that but major reforms in the system is totally different with an other revolution . I agree with major reforms in the system .

West and it's culture just makes us their tool cos they can't stop dreaming for our resources and wealth and whoever else comes in power will be forced by them or will be sunk .

Reza shah took power by Britain's help . Do you really think they pity for Iranians ?

3.Ask other Iranians to tell you if most Iranians support the Islamic system ( I don't mean Ahmadinejad's government )or don't ( If we wanna talk about this we'll have an endless discussion )

4.Calm down , I said we need freedom in this case , Calling western countries a liberated one makes me laugh cos there is no freedom in the world , even in the US and Canada if people become against their system , they'll be silent by force . Have a look on wall street movement ( people were hit and since then their media tried to do what ours did in last election or have a look in England last year ) . Don't fool yourself by their freedom stuffs cos there is no difference between them and our governors .

5. Again calm down , I'm a person like you , you had money to study or ... in Canada , I didn't and studying in our own universities . both will be in the same side working for our country .

I'm against Ahmadinejad and its clear I'll call for changes ( Have a look on all my posts to see I've always mentioned we need changes and reforms in the system here , so stop accusing whoever doesn't accept your opinions to sham .

I never did that , All I said was thanking our progress while we have been independent for decades which is absolutely precious for me and all the Iranians who can see the fact . You just need to remind the 8 year war which sent us at least 20 years behind and you also need to remind the sanctions that can destroy any other country . Its clear our potential is much more than what we have now but we've been advancing and its not a Lie . Just have a look on our science rank 15 years ago and see where we are now .

Islamic Republic is the best possible system for Iran right now , cos If any other system comes , That will be a toy in the super power hands specially the US that dreaming for It . You accuse IR to not advancing but lets look on it's services in the last 35 years . Most people were uneducated before the revolution but lets have a look on our educated youth and compare them with any other country you want .

All I know is that if we ( Iranian people ) do our duty well our country will advance and as long as we sit and bring excuses for our irresponsibility will be what we are .

Sir, I respect people like you. Personally, I am not too religious but I have healthy respect for Islam and our Islamic Values. I do not like Iranians who think they are more Western and than Westerners themselves. One should be comfortable under their one's own skin.

I run into people like @Abii in the US all the time where I have lived for the past 38 years and believe me Western people don't respect these fake people. First thing they do when they land in a Western country is they start calling themselves Moe ( Short for Muhammad ) . I have met more Iranian Moe's than American Moe's. Every second Iranian with first name Muhammad is Moe in the US, or they will pick up names as David or John or Peter etc. My question to them is what is wrong with the name your Parents choose for you. Fake people and they think Americans would respect them more if they take on Amercan names but the opposite is true. American people laugh at them behind their backs.

My advice to these jokers is be proud of who you are. Be Iranians because you have a very rich culture and Historical past. Don't try to be someone who you are not.

Chinese and Taiwanese people do the Same !! Could be a cultural thing as well . Maybe Farsi names are difficult to pronounce correctly just like a mandarin or Cantonese name .

Back
Top Bottom