What's new

Ah memories! :D

i was one of the lucky ones to see most of the TTs active - they had time to construct a paragraph, had the knowledge , were critical yet patriotic and hopeful , posted in more than one subforum, regular, answered questions to the best of their ability, most even had a mil. background , had foresight --- some new TTs have been inducted who are good e.g irfan, muse, amir,nabil ... however many others in my humble view have been included to makeup for the void created by the absence of pak . mil. professionals on the board ---- to keep quality input in the forum , we need professionals , no other person can fill their void- period

.................- to keep quality input in the forum , we need professionals , no other person can fill their void- period

You mean only military professionals? Does that imply other types of professionals cannot provide the type of "quality" that you prefer?

Military people are trained to do many things, but thinking is surely not their strong suit. :D

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

VCheng- you on some kind of witness protection program?- :D-

Not yet, but soon might need to be! :P

i was one of the lucky ones to see most of the TTs active - they had time to construct a paragraph, had the knowledge , were critical yet patriotic and hopeful , posted in more than one subforum, regular, answered questions to the best of their ability, most even had a mil. background , had foresight
I know what you are talking about. Although a military related forum, this forum covers vast areas and not all military pros would have the knowledge to keep discussions interesting. We need intelligent people from various fields to provide insights.
--- some new TTs have been inducted who are good e.g irfan, muse, amir,nabil ... however many others in my humble view have been included to makeup for the void created by the absence of pak . mil. professionals on the board ---- to keep quality input in the forum , we need professionals , no other person can fill their void- period
I would disagree and I have been here for quite a long time. For quality input we need more intellectuals, not only mil pros. There has been a lack of real intellectual discussion and most posts sum up the 'fanboi' attitude. I do agree that a few TTs and other 'tagged' members have been included not based on merit. Like for eg, IMHO, you are the only one who really deserves the "researcher" tag, and I have been following your posts. Likewise there are many TTs who are really deserving of their tags. But mostly, like I pointed out, many posters post here for some 'cheap' fun, taking potshots at the other side or simply to troll to vent their frustration. Choosing 'tagged' members from such a pool of posters is indeed sad. And reading from VCheng's posts it looks like one has to campaign to be elected a TT. I shall not comment on the forum policies, but IMHO, VCheng and Meengla are those who indeed deserve to be TTs.

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

Assumptions can be wrong sometimes.

It is a very appropriate name for me, I assure you. ;)

Its not an east asian name. If I am not wrong its got to do with engg? VC h engg? U a VC?

"Sunshine is the best disinfectant."

I asked about the process for inclusion in the TT. I was told who to apply to. I did. I was told I was not elected. I asked about the result. I was told it. That was all.

My PM contained within it a concise introduction, and I used it merely to save myself the trouble of typing it up again, and to be sure that I gave consistent information. There is no addressee, and some details have been removed.

Even if I wanted an explanation, which I do not, I would not asked it from you. This was some time ago, and I moved on just fine. My posts and opinions are totally independent of the TT, and my thought was to express these views in there, rather than lost in a sea of trolls and jingoistic fools of all shades and persuasions.

I respect you opposition to my election, even though I do not agree with it.

And exactly how did you develop this "mistrust" of my support of Paksitan's best interests? You really have no clue!

1. The "Koi Faida Nahi" arguments are very real; all it does is waste well-intentioned efforts. Remember Einstein's definition of insanity? To keep doing what has not worked till not is not only insane, it is also useless (koi faida nahi).

2. What is wrong is wrong, no matter who does it. The rest of your understanding is WRONG; let me explain how.

When I say USA does it and gets away with it, the reason is not that I support wrong actions. The reason is that I see the decades of hard work, blood, sweat, tears and all, that goes into creating the strength that allows it to get away with it.

There was a time when great Muslim powers did the exact same thing, with a message from the Caliph carrying the same great weight that the US ambassador carries now in Islamabad.

What I want to see is us to learn that respect will have to be earned, through decades of hard work, and not before. That is why I say the things I do. We have to take it now because we have no legs to stand on. Complaining while we are on the ground will only get more dirt in our mouths. First stand up with the basics, then say something when we can see eye to eye. Not before.

And till then, there is much we can learn from the US and the Indians and the Chinese and so on. We should learn.

I hope you get what I am trying to say.

Define "with" Pakistan? I do not perpetuate falsehoods or delusions that have led Pakistan to the brink of disaster, as you do.

My shikwas against Pakistan are real, but it does not stop me from supporting it still. I have never betrayed Pakistan; rather it has betrayed me many time and I have still forgiven it. Trust me on that if you can.

Sure, chill out and keep it coming. I can take it.

My sentiments are not hurt at all. Do you think I did not know the result before hand? Yet I did apply for it, since I still feel it the right thing to do. And I might try again at some point, be forewarned; I would expect your opinion to be as honest then as it was this time.

I will only say, you have my dissent and disloyalty all mixed up; it must be my fault for not making myself understood more clearly.

Yes, I might be a tadpole, but I try to keep my corner of the ocean clean.

Isn't it ironic to lecture about democracy on the forum like you did to MK above, and then have the slogan "Hakumat Hatao Mulk Bachao" as your title. See how comfortable you are in your hypocrisy as expressed below? :D

My posts here ARE my "campaign" for whatever good (and bad) they do, very little effectiveness up to now, but I will continue for a while at least.

Acknowledged without any further comments on my opinions except a little clarification on Hakumat Hatao Mulk bachao is a political campaigning slogan so that the Pakistani people democratically election Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf in the next elections.

I've considered the coup option for Pakistan but ultimately ruled against it in favor of giving democracy a chance.

Again its a very western world view to be flexible in their commitment to democracy. Iqbal commented on Western Duplicity:

Diyaar-e-Maghrib K Rehne Walon, Khuda Ki Basti Dukan Nahi Hai;
Khara Jise Tum Samajh Rahe Ho Wo Ab Zar-e-Kam ‘Ayaar Hoga.

O Western world’s inhabitants, God’s world is not a shop!
What you are considering genuine, will be regarded counterfeit.

Tumhaari Tehzeeb Apne Khanjar Se Aap Hi Khudkashi Karegi;
Jo Shaakh-e-Naazuk Pe Aashiyana Banega Na-Payedaar Hoga.

Your civilization will commit suicide with its own knife;
The nest built on the weak branch will not be permanent, stable.

Chaman Mein Lala Dikhaata Phirta Hai Daag Apna, Kali Kali Ko;
Ye Jaanta Hai Ke Is Dikhaawe Se Diljalon Mein Shumaar Hoga.

The Lala (a bird), shows its spots to every flower-bud in the garden.
Knowing that by doing this it will be among the Love haters.

Acknowledged without any further comments on my opinions except a little clarification on Hakumat Hatao Mulk bachao is a political campaigning slogan so that the Pakistani people democratically election Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf in the next elections.

I've considered the coup option for Pakistan but ultimately ruled against it in favor of giving democracy a chance.

Thank you for the acknowledgment. I hope my words at least registered as well.

Again its a very western world view to be flexible in their commitment to democracy. Iqbal commented on Western Duplicity:

Diyaar-e-Maghrib K Rehne Walon, Khuda Ki Basti Dukan Nahi Hai;
Khara Jise Tum Samajh Rahe Ho Wo Ab Zar-e-Kam ‘Ayaar Hoga.

O Western world’s inhabitants, God’s world is not a shop!
What you are considering genuine, will be regarded counterfeit.

Tumhaari Tehzeeb Apne Khanjar Se Aap Hi Khudkashi Karegi;
Jo Shaakh-e-Naazuk Pe Aashiyana Banega Na-Payedaar Hoga.

Your civilization will commit suicide with its own knife;
The nest built on the weak branch will not be permanent, stable.

Chaman Mein Lala Dikhaata Phirta Hai Daag Apna, Kali Kali Ko;
Ye Jaanta Hai Ke Is Dikhaawe Se Diljalon Mein Shumaar Hoga.

The Lala (a bird), shows its spots to every flower-bud in the garden.
Knowing that by doing this it will be among the Love haters.

Just Change Diyaar-e-Maghrib to Pakistan, and take a good hard look. Even after the words you quote were said by the great Iqbal, look at what has happened, is happening, and will happen for the foreseeable future.

BTW Cheng having seen some of the posts put up by other Tankthinks I would have no problem you being one. I think on some occasion people get frustrated because you are a bit too clever for some of our posters.

............. I think on some occasion people get frustrated because you are a bit too clever for some of our posters.

So how is this MY problem? Instead of my slowing down, they need to catch up! :P

Back
Top Bottom