What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we could have done?
  • Fenec , we could have gotten 200 Fennec for 500 Million dollars , and kept 500 Million for Navy to get 4 more frigates
  • Perhaps developed a mini Missile for these helicopters from local efforts
Or we could have gotten 2.8 million AK-47's at $350 a piece. Screw the AH-1Z right?

I am too much confused now... Mi35, Mi-28, WZ-10, T-129 And AH-1z Viper. Which one is best for Pakistan and what we have decided to buy??
helicopter compare.png

T-129 is smaller and more silent as it use Camache engine. But it can lift as much as Z-10. Also, it is way maneuver.. you can simply check videos both of them,,

there is a possibility of misquoting the figures but also consider this that the sub systems, armament, spares that come with these helicopters can bring the price many fold to its standard price. check out the requirements and the individual systems like sensors, targeting pods, mission computers, avionics, armor, the weapon systems the guidance it detection range etc same two machines with different packages can bump the price.

Exactly. It's like buying a Merc C class, the base price may very well be $45000, but when you're done with all the options, you would be paying at least $65000.

Well What a move by Pakistan LOL:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Finally They have given up the decision of not providing AH-1Z Viper to Pakistan......

Thanks China & Russia..........:woot:

But Z10 Whould be a Wise Move to be honest...... Hope PA also get that toooooooo....
i think pakistan has learned from past and now adopting two diffrent kinds of Arms from diffrent Countries.....

Exactly. It's like buying a Merc C class, the base price may very well be $45000, but when you're done with all the options, you would be paying at least $65000.

True, but options are generally useless in cars, because they depreciate very fast.
Combat aircraft on the other hand, last you 30-40 years. So it is important to get what you can now, later it might not be possible.

True, but options are generally useless in cars, because they depreciate very fast.
Combat aircraft on the other hand, last you 30-40 years. So it is important to get what you can now, later it might not be possible.

that “U.S. defense companies are engaged in a three-way tussle with Russia and China to sell weapons to Pakistan, complicated by the need to avoid upsetting neighbor India and its even larger arms’ import market.”
In detail the package includes:
(….) 15 AH-1Z Viper Attack Helicopters, 32 T-700 GE 401C Engines (30 installed and 2 spares), 1000 AGM-114 R Hellfire II Missiles in containers, 36 H-1 Technical Refresh Mission computers, 17 AN/AAQ-30 Target Sight Systems, 30 629F-23 Ultra High Frequency/Very High Frequency Communication Systems, 19 H-764 Embedded Global Positioning System/Inertial Navigation Systems, 32 Helmet Mounted Display/Optimized Top Owl, 17 APX-117A Identification Friend or Foe, 17 AN/AAR-47 Missile Warning Systems, 17 AN/ALE-47 Countermeasure Dispenser Sets, 18 AN/APR-39C(V)2 Radar Warning Receivers, 15 Joint Mission Planning Systems, and 17 M197 20mm Gun Systems.
Also included are system integration and testing, software development and integration, aircraft ferry, support equipment, spare and repair parts, tools and test equipment, publications and technical documentation, personnel training and training equipment, U.S. government and contractor engineering, technical, and logistics support services, and other related elements of logistics and program support. The total estimated cost is $952 million.

The technology can be duplicated but in reverse. Aerodynamically the car requires down force where as aircraft requires up lift.

Looks extremely costly! So I think this is coming under this...

Obama seeks $1bn from Congress for aid to Pakistan - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Aur kitna looge free main??!!!!

Pakistan getting .....

$ 1 billion
15 AH-1Z Viper Helicopters
1000 AGM-114 R Hellfire II Missiles in containers,
and other common things like EW, computers etc

India buying...

$1.4 billion
22 AH-64D Block III Apache helicopters.
12 AN/APG-78 Fire Control Radars,
812 AGM-114L-3 HELLFIRE LONGBOW missiles,
542 AGM-114R-3 HELLFIRE II missiles,
245 STINGER Block I-92H missiles,
23 Modernized Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensors,

Its 15 Cobra vs 22 Apache with radar and 1000 Hellfire vs 1354 Hellfire missiles and no Stinger vs 245 Stingers. So Pakistani deal seems extremely costly, hence I think its coming under aid...

@Abingdonboy

Looks extremely costly! So I think this is coming under this...

Obama seeks $1bn from Congress for aid to Pakistan - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Pakistan getting .....

$ 1 billion
15 AH-1Z Viper Helicopters
1000 AGM-114 R Hellfire II Missiles in containers,

India buying...

$1.4 billion
22 AH-64D Block III Apache helicopters.
12 AN/APG-78 Fire Control Radars,
812 AGM-114L-3 HELLFIRE LONGBOW missiles,
542 AGM-114R-3 HELLFIRE II missiles,
245 STINGER Block I-92H missiles,
23 Modernized Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensors,

Its 15 Cobra vs 22 Apache with radar and 1000 Hellfire vs 1354 Hellfire missiles and no Stinger vs 245 Stingers. So Pakistani deal seems extremely costly, hence I think its coming under aid...

@Abingdonboy

Wow.

Really good point. I wish our baboos in defense ministry could use these figures to get more stuff for the money. Thank you.

Wow.

Really good point. I wish our baboos in defense ministry could use these figures to get more stuff for the money. Thank you.

Yes but you are getting this for free or atleast part of this is paid by Govt of US. This is local politics of US to fund the defence contractors via FMS while the actual money is coming from US govt via aid.

Yes but you are getting this for free or atleast part of this is paid by Govt of US. This is local politics of US to fund the defence contractors via FMS while the actual money is coming from US govt via aid.

There are laws in the US about overcharging defense department or state department.

Serious crime. Bhai jaan. Very serious.

Nothing is free bhai jaan.

This is an era of American civilization. That means every country in the world provides services to USA then gets dollars in return.

India provides services and gets dollars from USA. (dollar reserves = 300+ billions)
China provides services and gets dollars from USA. (dollar reserves = 4000+ billions)
S Korea provides services and gets dollars from USA. (dollar reserves = 500+ billions)
Pakistan provides services and gets dollars from USA. (dollar reserves = 10+ billions)

From this you can tell who works the "hardest" in providing services.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom