What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
India provides the most services from the above. The Chinese don't provide as many services but their revenue comes from manufacturing and business investments. India beats China in providing services to the US. China beats India by a large margin in providing manufacturing base and by selling its products to the US. Two different comparisons.

South Korea sells electronics and semi conductor based products and services to the US businesses. Pakistan, just like India, has similar potential too. Both countries have educated labor force with English as a part of the system due to British rule. Pakistan is way behind due to the environment (security, safety, business friendliness, terrorism, etc). In the next 10 years, Pakistan should show about a $ 100 billions in savings also, as the economy is growing and it'll grow much faster.

What services

The main problem that i see with this deal is not Viper but the 1000 AGM-114 R Hellfire II Missiles that are basically designed to take out the targets like lightly armored vehicles and bunkers e.t.c. They are of not much use against the tanks. Of course they will be of great help for our operations against TTP but for eastern border PAA requires AGM-114L Longbow. I think we should have gone for a mix of both.

It's been debated earlier better check the thread from start

@HRK

What are the reasons behind you being in favor of this deal?

What services

What services.....with regards to who? I am talking about multiple countries, etc

I think AH-1Z is out, when India equipt AH64.

When your rival has iphone6, will you buy a iphone3?

Its not about IPhones, just to set things straight. This is military hardware. Apache is a heavier platform, designed to take a lot of hits from the ground, in Urban warfare. AH1Z, isn't inferior in terms of combat capabilities. But it does have lesser protection, size and a notch below avionics. But, doesn't mean its a hugely inferior platform. The AH1Z does fire missiles both AAM's and AGM's, rockets, has guns and all......it serves the purpose more than enough for Pakistan.

There are huge deferences! AH1Z is a light hilicopter, and AH64 is a heavy hilicopter.

AH64 is the second generation attack hilicopter.

Light? Not at all. There's a comparison posted between the two a few pages earlier, kindly check it out.

PAA will buy the rest of the fleet leaving nothing for the US Marines
So are these used ones or new ones? Though better would be buying AH-1 Cobras from Turkey, Jordan, Bahrain, Spain and Philippines, other than the US to add to fleet as PAA pilots are more experienced on those ones. I am talking about buying them in 2007 or so.

So are these used ones or new ones? Though better would be buying AH-1 Cobras from Turkey, Jordan, Bahrain, Spain and Philippines, other than the US to add to fleet as PAA pilots are more experienced on those ones. I am talking about buying them in 2007 or so.

PAA is buying the entire assembly line of AH-1Z with exclusive intellectual property rights and infrastructure, weapons, engines and stuff. After that, US marines will buy it from us..or am i wrong :coffee:

PAA is buying the entire assembly line of AH-1Z with exclusive intellectual property rights and infrastructure, weapons, engines and stuff. After that, US marines will buy it from us..or am i wrong :coffee:
You are sounding a bit odd SIR. :pakistan:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom