What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sceptics, the current White House is dictated by military industry as @Oscar pointed it. Remember the incident where trump did the following?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...i-arabiaqatar-signs-loa-for-the-a7790956.html

And that didnt happen a long time ago.

Money talks!

The news that caused panic among many, was misreported on purpose

The original news was:

Two #Pakistani #AH1Z have been sighted at 309th Aerospace Maintenance And Regeneration Group (#309thAMARG), #DavisMonthan AFB (AZ). Please, for more details follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/Scramblemagazine/ … Photo: Rodney Bastow
You are correct. We need to focus on business and thats not going to happen until law order ans taxes are in place.
We must invest heavily in the aviation industry as he who controls the high ground controls the battle field is very much valid even today

how do you know that Z 10 doesnt have scouting and communication ability?

its really weird that you try to compare Z 10 with Mi 24.

first you need to get air dominance that you can mobolize your helicopeters, especially in flat area, take out those anti air fire power before helicopters get in battle field.
its all about numbers in war, unless the gap is generations.

you need both quality and quantity to win a modern war.

and FYI, modern armed heli can carry SRAAM that can take out each other.

you cant get away with a win by counting only on quality, still remember the Tiger VS T34 case? German was totally overwhelmed in numbers.

as ive said few Apache and AH1z cant do jack shit.

I doubt China will fit L-3 communication module that most other Pakistani aircraft is fitted, and if they cannot communicate with each other, how to they scout? And with a small load out, you cannot put powerful radar on it as well (Consider Viper is twice the weight than Z-10)

Attack chopper have very limited use in battlefield, not just that you need local air superiority, but you also need to clear from ground threat, which mean if there is a unit of soldier with AA weapon such as Manpad, your chopper is grounded.

Problem is, Pakistani is not going to win even local air superiority against India, quite stupid to think otherwise. And then you are talking about a large armoured formation against India? In this case, PA is going to suffer a lot because of the lack of air support.

Which mean in this case, you cannot try to put number in, because the other side is always going to top that and then some. Your example between Tiger and T-34 is flawed. First of all, most Tiger was taken out by CAS, second of all, Tiger was not used as much in Eastern Front than in Western Front, and Germany are fighting a 2 sides war and being pushed together. In this case, you don't even need T-34, even Sherman with P-47 support can win over Germany's Tiger.

In this case, Pakistan need something called "Force Multiplier" to win over India, you cannot just depends on number alone, because if you try o match it, you will lose. And in this case, you need a chopper that can go in and out alone and take out target tactically, and this is not something Z-10 can do.

And if you put a 4 ship formation of Apache or Viper in the right place, you will not believe how much it can do, I have been there, and seen how it work, and I probably cannot tell you how unless you have some basic military tactical knowledge.

And finally, I did not compare Z-10 to Mi-24, I said Z-10 to Pakistan is like Mi-24 to Russia, both were used as dedicated gunship, and I did not compare between the 2

I doubt China will fit L-3 communication module that most other Pakistani aircraft is fitted, and if they cannot communicate with each other, how to they scout? And with a small load out, you cannot put powerful radar on it as well (Consider Viper is twice the weight than Z-10)

Attack chopper have very limited use in battlefield, not just that you need local air superiority, but you also need to clear from ground threat, which mean if there is a unit of soldier with AA weapon such as Manpad, your chopper is grounded.

Problem is, Pakistani is not going to win even local air superiority against India, quite stupid to think otherwise. And then you are talking about a large armoured formation against India? In this case, PA is going to suffer a lot because of the lack of air support.

Which mean in this case, you cannot try to put number in, because the other side is always going to top that and then some. Your example between Tiger and T-34 is flawed. First of all, most Tiger was taken out by CAS, second of all, Tiger was not used as much in Eastern Front than in Western Front, and Germany are fighting a 2 sides war and being pushed together. In this case, you don't even need T-34, even Sherman with P-47 support can win over Germany's Tiger.

In this case, Pakistan need something called "Force Multiplier" to win over India, you cannot just depends on number alone, because if you try o match it, you will lose. And in this case, you need a chopper that can go in and out alone and take out target tactically, and this is not something Z-10 can do.

And if you put a 4 ship formation of Apache or Viper in the right place, you will not believe how much it can do, I have been there, and seen how it work, and I probably cannot tell you how unless you have some basic military tactical knowledge.

And finally, I did not compare Z-10 to Mi-24, I said Z-10 to Pakistan is like Mi-24 to Russia, both were used as dedicated gunship, and I did not compare between the 2
you are exegerating the power of armed helicopters. in my eyes, heli is sitting ducks if there are enough manpads.

its only good in anti terrorists operation.

you are exegerating the power of armed helicopters. in my eyes, heli is sitting ducks if there are enough manpads.

Depends on how you use it.

In modern day combine arms warfare, you need them to be able to see ahead of your ground troop, because fast jet cannot loiter long, and slow jet/propeller aircraft is susceptible to ground attack. You need low flying and ground hugging helicopter to do the job.

Modern warfare would mean not a single platform can survive anything alone, you need to work with other platform to perform their work, tank is susceptible to infantry attack, and if you put infantry in APC/IFV and travel along your armour column, they will protect the tank, in turns, the tank takes out enemy tanks and hard target. And Aircraft protect tank.

That is what Chinese military don't get at the moment. You always need tactical element as much as strategic element in any operational level, you cannot depends on one single hardware, albeit a lot in number, to overcome this cycle, it may works in the 70s, or 80s, not now with modern communication and deployment speed.

Exaggerating the power of helicopters yet look where China's position on this subject.
images

With the current development and regular meeting between Pakistan and American Authorities, I expect, deliveries of AHZ1 will start in near future IA.

The serial number of Originally posted pic was 786-061.
This latest pic has serial number 786-065..
So i take that 5 have been manufactured for Pakistan.

Highest noted so far were #007 and #008 a couple of months ago. This shot was likely taken in the USA, probably in the vicinity of NAS Patuxent River. After being test flown, inspected and handed over, they have been stored there and at 309th AMARG, Tucson, Arizona. The contract for storage runs into 2019. So either Q4 2018 or Q1 019 for the first arrive in Pakistan I guess.

Update: AH-1Z 786-072 seen at Amarillo, Texas with Boeing helicopters late September.
So, that is #012 meaning all twelve are likely manufactured and could be handed over.
Mind you, that does not mean that they are delivered or will be soon, just that they physically exist!

Reactions: HRK
Update: AH-1Z 786-072 seen at Amarillo, Texas with Boeing helicopters late September.
So, that is #012 meaning all twelve are likely manufactured and could be handed over.
Mind you, that does not mean that they are delivered or will be soon, just that they physically exist!

Handing over might depend on which arm and leg Pak FM Qureshi promised Pompeo

Sooner or later they will come home to PA, watch and see stop with this BS trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom