What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness we haven't learned yet.

Do joint ventures with China and make your alternative.

Never depend on USA for anything.

The thing with these is, they're often paid for thru "aid" given to us. It's a way the American government pays off the arms manufacturers. It gives "aid" and then ensures that "aid" is spent on arms from the US. This then means American companies get contracts to make stuff, keeping rednecks in work.

It will be a steep learning curve for Pakistani helicopter pilots coming off the old Cobra- easily 2 years before they become competent enough for it in combat
Damn, must be much more than a follow up to the Cobra.

Nice I haven't seen yet any pic of Pak attack helo with AAMs, they shall be must for future Heli VS Heli encounters, further Pak near future T129s are also capable to fire Hellfire.
Thats why I am saying this, Now this is right time to go with sidewinders .Our new government is soft on U.S.A, and we asked them to review U.S.A policies, U.S.A also want to work with new government and trust deficit is decreasing, our new government will not involve in any blame game and we want to move forward. Our foreign minister is capable to handle things. Also AZ 1Z is best attack helicopter beats all Russian attack helicopters w.r.t quality & performance. One of the reason I prefers AH 1Z over Russian KA 52 & others.

It will be a steep learning curve for Pakistani helicopter pilots coming off the old Cobra- easily 2 years before they become competent enough for it in combat
We wont get many the future of Pak Mil aviation is either the Z10 or the atak would be interesting to see where the atak deal goes now that US itself released our helis

We wont get many the future of Pak Mil aviation is either the Z10 or the atak would be interesting to see where the atak deal goes now that US itself released our helis
There is no long term hold on Turkey- at maximum there will be a year or two delay but the ATAK is coming; contrary to popular belief here the PA did its homework regarding US made parts in the ATAK and associated risks before making the decision.

There is no long term hold on Turkey- at maximum there will be a year or two delay but the ATAK is coming; contrary to popular belief here the PA did its homework regarding US made parts in the ATAK and associated risks before making the decision.
I think the current tiff between the US and Turkey has to do with (1) the US wanting to export more and import less (see the USMCA) and (2) dealing with specific security concerns (i.e. preventing the Russians from building a threat library against the F-35). Withholding the LHTEC engines would derail (1) and do nothing to resolve (2).

If not via Turkey, then Pakistan can buy the LHTEC engines itself (there are no sanctions) and look at building a T129 assembly and test plant at PAC. You're basically looking at a CKD site with qualification test facilities (and PAC raised an office to do just that for the Saab 2000).

Amazingly it's same length as the Apache but couple of feet higher, yet it looks much more compact.
Pakistan seems to be the first export customer.
We are the first customer. It is also more agile due to the rotor design and weight. Its sensor suite is superior to the Guardian if the Longbow Radar is excluded because USMC finalized the specs for its suite later than for the Guardian.

I think the current tiff between the US and Turkey has to do with (1) the US wanting to export more and import less (see the USMCA) and (2) dealing with specific security concerns (i.e. preventing the Russians from building a threat library against the F-35). Withholding the LHTEC engines would derail (1) and do nothing to resolve (2).

If not via Turkey, then Pakistan can buy the LHTEC engines itself (there are no sanctions) and look at building a T129 assembly and test plant at PAC. You're basically looking at a CKD site with qualification test facilities (and PAC raised an office to do just that for the Saab 2000).
Nobody will turn down money and the military industrial complex is strong enough to overpower any political changes within the White House.

sorry to derail, but 2 quwa accounts are now functioning?

means these new Chopper wont be pounding Taliban until two years ? :o:

Like they did with f-16s for every purchase order.... ,?? That homework though...

Last edited:
Nahiin seekhne waale hum apni ghaltio se. Anyways, welcome cobra ke par pote in our family.

The photographer himself posted the picture....besides the earlier pictures were taken under artificial light.

Grey vs army green one cannot make a mistake or light comment not sure if that’s the case

S/n are different 061 vs 065 so unless one is grey and other green or changed later on

IMG_1363.JPG

Anyway someone posted link as follows but as other said till it lands will not count

Web view to see the link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom