What's new

AH 1Z Cobra Awaiting delivery to Pakistan Army

Trust me Brother, Pakistan and Turkey already resolved that problem and India soon will have heart attack because of these solutions and Pakistan one will be different model and different options
Please explain below. How?
Pakistan one will be different model and different options.

remember the 36 F-16 ? they can still halt if they want .. Americans are bullies but i think these Copters will make their way to PA cause US know that they will be used for Roasting TTP and ISIS in the region . they cant let go of Pakistan as an ally, if they block it, we have T-129 and Z-10's waiting .. both are almost equal to Zulu .

by end of 2018, we will have all of them ..Inshallah
American (military-purpose) hardware has no equal on average; designs are typically well-researched and thoroughly tested and quality of components is expected to be top-notch - anybody who tells you otherwise is speaking without experience. Our military establishment is not trying to induct Zulu to appease US [in political terms] but on the basis of its performance (and availability). Prior experience and familiarity with Cobra choppers also a factor.

T-129 and Z-10 are not substitutes of Zulu but secondary options. Turkey can provide us NATO-grade hardware and insight but it is not self-sufficient in this respect. Chinese options are good in their own right but hardly battle-tested and not always up to our expectations. We cannot depend upon a single country for our defense-related needs because our adversary is diversifying its investments - getting hardware from several states such as US, France and Russia.

Last edited:
I am not sure if corrupt Pakistani politicians will take a stand on that. If they dare, a message will be delivered to them very quietly by west related to their overseas properties and bank accounts.
The political system needs a cleanse, it is the only thing that is used to hold Pakistan Ransom via collateral held by them abroad. Hopefully sooner rather than later all of looted wealth makes it back into Pakistani treasury.

When your defence minister doesn't know jack squat about military affairs let alone specific hardware, you think a file pushing desk jockey would?
Our defence minister don't choose military equipment. Brain before mouth

Trust me Brother, Pakistan and Turkey already resolved that problem and India soon will have heart attack because of these solutions and Pakistan one will be different model and different options

I hope so too brother.. I would love to see 20-30 Zulu and 50+ T-129 ATAK's roasting IA Armored Formations .

Our defence minister don't choose military equipment. Brain before mouth

Huh.....? Please don't quote people without first understanding what's being said. "Brain before mouth".

US may delay the delivery over new concerns.

American (military-purpose) hardware has no equal on average; designs are typically well-researched and thoroughly tested and quality of components is expected to be top-notch - anybody who tells you otherwise is speaking without experience. Our military establishment is not trying to induct Zulu to appease US [in political terms] but on the basis of its performance (and availability). Prior experience and familiarity with Cobra choppers also a factor.

T-129 and Z-10 are not substitutes of Zulu but secondary options. Turkey can provide us NATO-grade hardware and insight but it is not self-sufficient in this respect. Chinese options are good in their own right but hardly battle-tested and not always up to our expectations. We cannot depend upon a single country for our defense-related needs because our adversary is diversifying its investments - getting hardware from several states such as US, France and Russia.

what good is the equipment if its not available??, look at f-16s, had PAF opted for mirage 2000 for example, the ultimate benefit would have been more, though i agree mirage is nearly twice as expensive as f-16 but you could have grabbed the used mirages by now with probable customization and home production(As we did we mirage3/5) which you cannot with f-16s

i still stand by that the deal was ill thought of, as noone can grantee ZULU availability, had USA decided to wrap up its work from Afghanistan(which was trump instinct, an he might sill do it as the Russians did) than you would have seen some pressure on Pakistan(i.e blaming us as soon as govt in afghn post withdraw would fall) and i wouldn't have been surprised if you had a blockade of equipment as Nigeria had, even though Nigeria was also fighting terrorists.

the perfect replacement could have been t129, it will be less likley to put blockage when a third vendor is invovled as it would complicate things for turkey or even better the z10s

what good is the equipment if its not available??, look at f-16s, had PAF opted for mirage 2000 for example, the ultimate benefit would have been more, though i agree mirage is nearly twice as expensive as f-16 but you could have grabbed the used mirages by now with probable customization and home production(As we did we mirage3/5) which you cannot with f-16s

i still stand by that the deal was ill thought of, as noone can grantee ZULU availability, had USA decided to wrap up its work from Afghanistan(which was trump instinct, an he might sill do it as the Russians did) than you would have seen some pressure on Pakistan(i.e blaming us as soon as govt in afghn post withdraw would fall) and i wouldn't have been surprised if you had a blockade of equipment as Nigeria had, even though Nigeria was also fighting terrorists.

the perfect replacement could have been t129, it will be less likley to put blockage when a third vendor is invovled as it would complicate things for turkey or even better the z10s
Pakistani tech base is expanding and they have already kept their Mirages in operational condition despite no regular supply of spares in similar way Zulus shall be in limited numbers and one may easily predict that even in case of sanctions Pak shall be able to keep their Zulus operational just like Iran has done in case of Super Cobras.

Pakistani tech base is expanding and they have already kept their Mirages in operational condition despite no regular supply of spares in similar way Zulus shall be in limited numbers and one may easily predict that even in case of sanctions Pak shall be able to keep their Zulus operational just like Iran has done in case of Super Cobras.

wrong, we kept mirages 5/3 in action because of good intiall help and no restrictions from french
the USA will not allow this

french helped us to upgrade mirages with our own licence built software, radars, weapons and avionics
you will not enjoy this in f-16s

getting f-16s was tactical mistake in anticipation that we will be given same amount of independence as countries like turkey was given but it never happened

wrong, we kept mirages 5/3 in action because of good intiall help and no restrictions from french
the USA will not allow this

french helped us to upgrade mirages with our own licence built software, radars, weapons and avionics
you will not enjoy this in f-16s

getting f-16s was tactical mistake in anticipation that we will be given same amount of independence as countries like turkey was given but it never happened
The professionals here strongly disagree with your idea that getting F16 was a mistake.On the other hand considering the example of Iran one should strongly assume that Pak may adopt same path adopted by Iran. Iran is able to keep its limited number of F4s and F14s operational along with Super Cobra. Possibilities are there and if USA terminates defense ties in near future the Pak shall not be bound to any F16 related agreed restrictions. Please don't forget Chinese in extreme case scenario.

On the other hand it is up to you what you consider but I am quite optimistic even for Zulus. Hope u have valid logic about how Iran kept F4 and F14s operational without USA help and legal spares supplies along with super cobras.

The professionals here strongly disagree with your idea that getting F16 was a mistake.On the other hand considering the example of Iran one should strongly assume that Pak may adopt same path adopted by Iran. Iran is able to keep its limited number of F4s and F14s operational along with Super Cobra. Possibilities are there and if USA terminates defense ties in near future the Pak shall not be bound to any F16 related agreed restrictions. Please don't forget Chinese in extreme case scenario.

On the other hand it is up to you what you consider but I am quite optimistic even for Zulus. Hope u have valid logic about how Iran kept F4 and F14s operational without USA help and legal spares supplies along with super cobras.
they did it bu reverse engnr some stuff, but they have been kept in poor condition, its not just keep operationall, you have to think about future upgrades. do you want to keep your zulus as their f-14, than why did you pay over a billion dollars

they did it bu reverse engnr some stuff, but they have been kept in poor condition, its not just keep operationall, you have to think about future upgrades. do you want to keep your zulus as their f-14, than why did you pay over a billion dollars
Sir do or Mirage-iii or Mirage V comparable to Mirage 2000 the answer is no. But do they fit in our Air defense strategy answer is yes so far.
On the other hand Iran's F14s and F4s have been upgraded by Iranians them selves. The problem with F16s are the restrictions which we have accepted when we are not restricted then we can do anything.

Iran is so far safe from any strike because they have not only kept their 70's era jets operational but have developed new jets also about which outside world is so far much ignorant.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom