What's new

AH 1Z Cobra Awaiting delivery to Pakistan Army

Gr8, Pakistan will be only the second country to fly this beast. We are pro in using cobras. Gud for us in handling these machines.

If the Longbow was available then why did we choose this gunship. The price difference is not much different (I may be wrong but I am basing this on a chart comparing heli gunships and the AH64 was just slightly more expensive, while it could carry much more and go further and also comes with the MM longbow radar). I mean was there an operational reason why the PA chose this platform? TIA.

That guy is really senior dude so I doubt he is confused either he is telling the truth or tried to fool my friend as may have tried to know too many things

When your defence minister doesn't know jack squat about military affairs let alone specific hardware, you think a file pushing desk jockey would?

Damn...Awesome birds..will be nice edition to our arsenal.

what will alternative source of spare parts
if USA will impose sanctions on us in future

If the Longbow was available then why did we choose this gunship. The price difference is not much different (I may be wrong but I am basing this on a chart comparing heli gunships and the AH64 was just slightly more expensive, while it could carry much more and go further and also comes with the MM longbow radar). I mean was there an operational reason why the PA chose this platform? TIA.
The 20mm Gun and Ammo is common to the existing Cobra fleet and the Zulu and ATAK. That could be a factor.
Or perhaps the Army is more comfortable in dealing with Bell?
And the Zulu can carry the Longbow too.

The 20mm Gun and Ammo is common to the existing Cobra fleet and the Zulu and ATAK. That could be a factor.
Or perhaps the Army is more comfortable in dealing with Bell?
And the Zulu can carry the Longbow too.
Thanks for the reply. I am curiousm why was this helicopter chosen by the USM when the AH64 is on paper a nore potent gunship?

what will alternative source of spare parts
if USA will impose sanctions on us in future
That's a million dollar question.
In coming days, when black water will step up its activities in Pakistan.... cracks in relations will widen.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom