What's new

Agni-V isn't MIRV,can't carry multiple warheads

باپ

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Here is the reason

PicsArt_05-12-08.14.07-picsay.jpg

Minuteman's is pretty damn triangular itself.

W78_MK12A_RV_Minuteman_III.jpg

Minuteman_III_in_silo_1989.jpg

Definitely not as angular as Minuteman II, which only had a single re-entry vehicle.

Minuteman_II_in_silo_1980.jpg

It certainly doesn't have the ellipse of Trident.

799px-UGM-133A_Trident_II_launch_in_June_2014.JPG

Or size of Peacekeeper.

Peacekeeper_missile.jpg

How you orient the re-entry vehicles can contribute to nose-cone size too.

eSRovTE.jpg

Last edited:

Its has far more curve than the triangle of Agni, making it roomier for multiple warheads. it isn't a triangle at all.

Agni V nose fairing can be changed later if needed for MIRV capability (just look at the diameter of the rocket body, plenty of room).

Right now Warhead number is at a premium compared to launch systems so MIRV is a future objective only when this scenario is balanced better (i.e warhead numbers).

Agni VI will be MIRV capable from its inception:

z52YeKk.jpg

Future SLBM (K-5) will also be MIRV capable:

kD3Fc4N.jpg

@Water Car Engineer @PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy

Well Agni-5 in its present form is meant to carry a single 150-250 kt warhead.... though present RV can be replaced with MIRVd one if they want to in future.
PS: It's Agni-6 and K-5 who'll have MIRVs from start....though they are still 5-6 years away.

Minuteman_III_in_silo_1989.jpg

Definitely not as angular as Minuteman II, which only had a single re-entry vehicle.

Minuteman_II_in_silo_1980.jpg

Or size of Peacekeeper.

Peacekeeper_missile.jpg

How you orient the re-entry vehicles can contribute to nose-cone size too.

eSRovTE.jpg
This Guy Is Beyond Level of Logical Debate
No Wonder PDF Lost its Charm

Agni V nose fairing can be changed later if needed for MIRV capability (just look at the diameter of the rocket body, plenty of room).

Right now Warhead number is at a premium compared to launch systems so MIRV is a future objective only when this scenario is balanced better (i.e warhead numbers).

Agni VI will be MIRV capable from its inception:

z52YeKk.jpg

Future SLBM (K-5) will also be MIRV capable:

kD3Fc4N.jpg

@Water Car Engineer @PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy
I appreciate the tag bro but I have no interest in engaging in these mental gymnastics that will only lead to one inevitable conclusion (the typical India vs Pakistan d!ck measuring contest) especially not over a topic that I have very little interest in (nuclear weapons).

PicsArt_05-12-10.17.55.jpg

Here are Agni-5 and Minuteman 3 side by side and the difference of nose cone shapes is very clear. Agni is a pure triangle at the top, Minuteman is clearly not.
Guess which one is MIRV capable and which isn't

View attachment 304885

Here are Agni-5 and Minuteman 3 side by side and the difference of nose cone shapes is very clear. Agni is a pure triangle at the top, Minuteman is clearly not.

No one claimed Agni 5 is MIRV capable. What kinda thread is this? Its the A6 which is planned to have MIRV.

View attachment 304885

Hence this thing called retrofitting if absolutely needed later (in later production versions). Thats based on more general parameters, not the fairing in employment today.

No one claimed Agni 5 is MIRV capable. What kinda thread is this? Its the A6 which is planned to have MIRV.

He must have read somewhere about the potential of it being MIRV (A5) in the future and not realising the difference. No one has said that its MIRV capable in its current single iteration.

Plenty do, on this forum and elsewhere. That's why this thread to put those fan boy claims to rest.

Hence this thing called retrofitting if absolutely needed later (in later production versions). Thats based on more general parameters, not the fairing in employment today.

He must have read somewhere about the potential of it being MIRV (A5) in the future and not realising the difference. No one has said that its MIRV capable in its current single iteration.
Here you go.
Look at the diagrams showing AGNI-5 carrying 10 warheads. I quoted the comments, the original has been deleted by some hyperactive moderator, but you can still expand the quote and read the claim.
https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan...exaggerated-threat.430115/page-5#post-8302575

Plenty do, on this forum and elsewhere. That's why this thread to put those fan boy claims to rest.

Here you go.
Look at the diagrams showing AGNI-5 carrying 10 warheads. I quoted the comments, the original has been deleted by some hyperactive moderator, but you can still expand the quote and read the claim.
https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan...exaggerated-threat.430115/page-5#post-8302575

Like I said it can be retrofitted if needed. You would need a stage 3 adapter and a fairing. Throw weight, rocket diameter and such are well within norms for MIRV.

All the MIRV diagrams state as Agni -III SL or Agni VI and clearly state its potential growth. Such growth also makes room for decoys so its useful to develop the capability for that reason as well.

Like I said it can be retrofitted if needed. You would need a stage 3 adapter and a fairing. Throw weight, rocket diameter and such are well within norms for MIRV.

All the MIRV diagrams state as Agni -III SL or Agni VI and clearly state its potential growth. Such growth also makes room for decoys so its useful to develop the capability for that reason as well.
Well it's not as easy as changing light bulb. The whole stability and aerodynamics change

Well it's not as easy as changing light bulb. The whole stability and aerodynamics change

Hence why the conceptual studies have already been done by DRDO. Thats where the diagrams originate from. The US did similar studies over the years during the cold war and after to hedge on design flexibility/adaptability.

If there is a need to actually operationalise Agni V with MIRVs, that will only happen when warhead numbers are sufficient enough to promote this strategy using this system as well. That is well in the future as Agni VI and K5 will be the main MIRV platforms to begin with.

Hence why the conceptual studies have already been done by DRDO. Thats where the diagrams originate from. The US did similar studies over the years during the cold war and after to hedge on design flexibility/adaptability.

If there is a need to actually operationalise Agni V with MIRVs, that will only happen when warhead numbers are sufficient enough to promote this strategy using this system as well. That is well in the future as Agni VI and K5 will be the main MIRV platforms to begin with.
So the myth of A-5 being MIRV has been debunked. I will leave this thread to appear on Google when someone searches for A-5 MIRV.
Wait for my next thread, there are many Indian fan boy claims to be debunked,.Bye.

Back
Top Bottom