What's new

Agni 5 Tested successfully @ 0809 Hrs IST 31.01.2015

On topic: Congrats :D DRDO wale. When they are making the Surya ICBM ? :D
you may see the first test of that in late 2017.
But I think India should not expose the real capability of SURYA.

7PwKBVp.gif

PRESIDENT OF INDIA CONGRATULATES DRDO ON THE SUCCESSFUL TEST-FIRING OF AGNI-V
Rashtrapati Bhavan : 31.01.2015

• The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee congratulated DRDO on the successful test-firing of the third developmental trial of Agni-V surface-to-surface missile.

In his message to Dr. AvinashChander,Scientific Advisor to RakshaMantri and Director-General, DRDO, the President has said, "I extend hearty congratulations to all those associatedwith the successful test-firing of the third developmental trial of India’s indigenous Agni-V surface-to-surface missile.

I am happy to know that many new technologies relating to navigation and guidance, warhead as well as engine has been tried out in this version. I understand today’s test is also the first time the missile has been tried out in a canisterised version.

Kindly convey my felicitations to the members of your team of scientists, engineers,and all others involved in this effort. Our nation is grateful for their hard work and proud of their accomplishment”.

Agni-missile[1].jpg

mounted-on-a-road-mobile-launcher[1].jpg

Is it the first test of agni 5 through a launch canister ? Now i can call it professional . Congrats . :tup:

Last edited:
Labs dealing with ballistic missiles have come a long way. Angi and Prithvi took a long time, but Agni 4 and 5 have been developed, trialed, and productionised in such a shorter period of time.

This will happen with smaller tactical missiles soon.

I want the same success in fighter plane also. As avinash chander said LCA compares favorably with many of 4th generation planes. If india builds another plane, it shall certainly be top class.

I want LCA MK 2 to come very fast. It should eliminate any need of foreign Mall in lighter weight catagory.

I want the same success in fighter plane also. As avinash chander said LCA compares favorably with many of 4th generation planes. If india builds another plane, it shall certainly be top class.

I want LCA MK 2 to come very fast. It should eliminate any need of foreign Mall in lighter weight catagory.

I think India's BMP and T90 replacement in the PPP arrangement will certainly take a lesser time compared to Arjun project for example. A lot has already been done in the Arjun and Abhay tech demonstrator.

If you want to an analogy, I hope Tejas, Arjun, Dhruv work out like Prithvi and Agni 1 to Shaurya, Agni 3+, etc. In the sense that the initial projects took a longer time, but the successor ones have a shorter developmental cycle. This is true to Dhruv to LCH example.

Either way, the grueling work these Indian scientists have done will be worth it in the next 20 years. India's military industry will be impressive by then.

I think India's BMP and T90 replacement in the PPP arrangement will certainly take a lesser time compared to Arjun project for example. A lot has already been done in the Arjun and Abhay tech demonstrator.

If you want to an analogy, I hope Tejas, Arjun, Dhruv work out like Prithvi and Agni 1 to Shaurya, Agni 3+, etc. In the sense that the initial projects took a longer time, but the successor ones have a shorter developmental cycle. This is true to Dhruv to LCH example.

Either way, the grueling work these Indian scientists have done will be worth it in the next 20 years. India's military industry will be impressive by then.

Exactly.
We have knowhow and building blocks of technologies. We have some very good products in hand. What we have to do is to refine them now and make them state of art. This should be easier than building them right from scratch. One of the UK paper told that India shall be among 3 top defense stuff producer in next 3 decade. I just want that to happen fast.

We are verymuch on track in missile technology. We just need a bit more effort in aviation and tank to come at par with europe and other develop nation except US,Russia.

Congrats DRDO for successful launch and thanks for making us proud.

Updated: February 3, 2015 00:27 IST
An ICBM becomes more versatile - The Hindu

India’s intercontinental ballistic missile, Agni V, has been turned into an even more potent weapon of war. On Saturday, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) demonstrated that this missile, capable of sending a nuclear warhead to targets over 5,000 km away — thereby bringing much of China within its reach — could be launched from a truck-mounted canister. The ability to move ballistic missiles around makes it difficult for an enemy to locate and destroy them. Placed in canisters, the missiles can be easily transported and launched with great rapidity in all sorts of weather conditions. The canisters have another advantage as well — they make decoys possible. While these large truck-borne missile containers can be detected by spy satellites passing overhead and may well be noticed by observers on the ground, it will be impossible to tell those that actually carry missiles from ones that are empty. Thus, any attempt at a first strike to take out India’s nuclear-armed missiles becomes far more uncertain and therefore a risky undertaking for any adversary.

However, launching a missile from a canister is more difficult, especially when it involves a large missile like the Agni V. The missile must be ejected from the container, using a gas generator, before its first stage can be ignited. Although the DRDO had previously carried out canister launches with the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile and the 700-km-range Shourya missile, launching the Agni V in a similar fashion was still a considerable technological challenge. Hurling this 17-metre-long, 50-tonne missile clear of its container requires far greater force, which must be provided by large amounts of gas produced very rapidly. In doing so, neither the missile nor its launch system should be damaged. Saturday’s flawless launch shows that the country’s defence scientists have indeed mastered this complex technology. Three successive Agni V flight tests have gone without a hitch over the last three years and DRDO officials say the missile will be ready for induction into service after just one more trial, which will be carried out later this year. However, India’s strategic planners will need to bear in mind the fact that Pakistan and China have deployed nuclear weapons on their missiles in a way that goes beyond conventional nuclear deterrence. Rather, their strategy appears to create ambiguities over the escalation of a conventional conflict into a nuclear one. Consequently, enhancement of this country’s long-range ballistic missile capabilities must go hand-in-hand with proper planning to deal with situations that might lead to such apocalyptic weapons of mass destruction being launched.

Back
Top Bottom