What's new

After losing 9 F/A-18 in last 6 months, USN decide to ground all F/A-18s

Reaction score
Country
China
http://defense-watch.com/2016/12/18...hornet-growler-fleet-grounded-after-incident/

The U.S. Navy has temporarily grounded its F/A-18 E/F Super Hornets and E/A-18G Growlers on Friday after an aircrew was injured and a Growler damaged in an undisclosed incident at a Naval Air Station in Whidbey Island.

The aircrew of an E/A-18G jet assigned to Electronic Attack Squadron 132 was injured in an “on-deck emergency” at about 11AM on Friday, said the statement from Naval Air Forces.

Accordingly, all flight operations for the F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet and E/A-18G Growler fleet has been temporarily suspended as a safety precaution since they share common aircraft systems, added the Navy statement.

I have posted a news regarding the US and Nato has lost 9 F-18series fighters in the last 6 months and costs 6 pilot lives.

With the most recent incident, the USN finally decided to ground all F-18 inculding the latest E/F-18 pending investigations.

It is very obvious there is serious quanlity problem with this fighter.

Sabotage?
Don't don't find excuse for poor quality of America product. With US Coporate more and more greedy. Those blood thirsty American CEO will always find ways to maximize profit for a fatter paycheck and bonus for themselves.

Since 20years ago. America product is no more about quality but maximum profit. That know some particular countries will be foolishly paid premium prices for made in America no matter how bad their product is. They believe the perception of superior American will be enough to fool those white worshipper to keep buying it.

Navy Super Hornets, Growlers to return to sky following weekend stand down

http://pilotonline.com/news/militar...cle_d8038892-0387-55f2-a0d0-04879fa3c7ef.html

The Navy’s Super Hornet and Growler squadrons, which were grounded over the weekend after a Growler pilot and an electronic warfare officer were injured Friday at a base in Washington state, were allowed to resume flying Monday.

An E/A-18G Growler assigned to Electronic Attack Squadron 132 experienced “an on-deck emergency” at Whidbey Island Naval Air Station involving the aircraft’s canopy, according to the Navy. Both officers remained hospitalized Monday, according to Lt. Leslie Hubbell, a spokeswoman for San Diego-based Naval Air Forces.

The Navy suspended flight operations for Growlers and Super Hornets throughout the fleet while they conducted an investigation. Super Hornets were included in the stand-down because they share common aircraft systems, the Navy said in a statement.

The Growler is a variant of the combat-oriented F/A-18F Super Hornet and provides tactical jamming and electronic protection, according to manufacturer Boeing.

The Navy said Naval Air Systems Command and Boeing engineers identified several factors that likely contributed to the incident. Naval Air Forces ordered changes to be implemented throughout the F-18 fleet because there are similarities in the component designs for the affected systems in the Growler incident, the Navy said in a statement.

The measures include changes to “aircraft water-wash procedures” and updates to the Navy’s procedures for ground emergencies.

Individual squadrons can resume flying after they’ve been briefed on and incorporated the changes, the Navy said.

The Growler mishap remains under investigation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like some water wash caused a canopy to jettison.

http://pilotonline.com/news/militar...cle_d8038892-0387-55f2-a0d0-04879fa3c7ef.html

The Navy’s Super Hornet and Growler squadrons, which were grounded over the weekend after a Growler pilot and an electronic warfare officer were injured Friday at a base in Washington state, were allowed to resume flying Monday.

An E/A-18G Growler assigned to Electronic Attack Squadron 132 experienced “an on-deck emergency” at Whidbey Island Naval Air Station involving the aircraft’s canopy, according to the Navy. Both officers remained hospitalized Monday, according to Lt. Leslie Hubbell, a spokeswoman for San Diego-based Naval Air Forces.

The Navy suspended flight operations for Growlers and Super Hornets throughout the fleet while they conducted an investigation. Super Hornets were included in the stand-down because they share common aircraft systems, the Navy said in a statement.

The Growler is a variant of the combat-oriented F/A-18F Super Hornet and provides tactical jamming and electronic protection, according to manufacturer Boeing.

The Navy said Naval Air Systems Command and Boeing engineers identified several factors that likely contributed to the incident. Naval Air Forces ordered changes to be implemented throughout the F-18 fleet because there are similarities in the component designs for the affected systems in the Growler incident, the Navy said in a statement.

The measures include changes to “aircraft water-wash procedures” and updates to the Navy’s procedures for ground emergencies.

Individual squadrons can resume flying after they’ve been briefed on and incorporated the changes, the Navy said.

9 crashed in 6 months and countless other non-fatal problems yet you blame it on water-washing?

Sure smells like some cover-up working.

9 crashed in 6 months and countless other non-fatal problems yet you blame it on water-washing?

Sure smells like some cover-up working.

I think this is the first instance of a Super Hornet. All the others were 1970's era Hornets..not a late 1990's Super Hornet.

f18comp.gif

Hornet left. Super Hornet right

I think this is the first instance of a Super Hornet. All the others were 1970's era Hornets..not a late 1990's Super Hornet.

I found its rather werid, but it could be just me.

Not just this F/A-18, in general I think the US military force are more than eager to end any investigation as quick as possible regarding the equipments' problem or blame it on pilots/mis-operation, like the problem with F-22 (until the several fatal accident they have to admit it is the oxygen problem), the problem with F-35 and this.

Sure sounds very fishy, it is almost like the US generals are in the military suppliers' pocket.

"How dare you post facts in this thread! This thread is about how the US is on the verge of collapse, how the American military is dog-shit, how China is better, smarter, more advanced, thatn old, white-man, America will ever be! We shoot down ALL your planes! Our cities are clean and we chase you yankee dogs out of Asia!" :taz:

I thought I would just save everyone some time....:azn:

"How dare you post facts in this thread! This thread is about how the US is on the verge of collapse, how the American military is dog-shit, how China is better, smarter, more advanced, thatn old, white-man, America will ever be! We shoot down ALL your planes! Our cities are clean and we chase you yankee dogs out of Asia!" :taz:

I thought I would just save everyone some time....:azn:

Is there anything do with who is smarter or better?

But sure I guess smarter people tend to care more about their own pilots' lives and less about their generals' pocket:rofl:

I found its rather werid, but it could be just me.

Not just this F/A-18, in general I think the US military force are more than eager to end any investigation as quick as possible regarding the equipments' problem or blame it on pilots/mis-operation, like the problem with F-22 (until the several fatal accident they have to admit it is the oxygen problem), the problem with F-35 and this.

Sure sounds very fishy, it is almost like the US generals are in the military suppliers' pocket.

Actually the opposite was true with the F22. The F22 oxygen problem was with the flight suit not the plane. The plane people kept saying there was no problem on their end but nobody would listen. Nobody wanted to look at the suit...they were sure it was the plane.

Is there anything do with who is smarter or better?

But sure I guess smarter people tend to care more about their own pilots' lives and less about their generals' pocket:rofl:
See, I told everyone my post would just save time. :lol: Right on cue...

Back
Top Bottom