What's new

After Gorshkov, Russia demands more money again

Prithvi 1, agni 1 and agni 2 have conventional warheads with maneuverable RVs

maneuverable warheads donot alter flight course like re entry vehicles. They "zig-zag" through the atmosphere and also gain speed as they drop.

I think the "zig-zag" pattern happens twice every minute.

maneuverable re-entry vehicles change targets, they donot zig-zag through the atmosphere.

Your first reference says it all. It refers to maneuverable RV only. The second article is written by a common journalist, not acquainted with military knowledge.

A warhead simply cant re-enter the atmosphere all alone.....it would be burnt to ashes.......the RV protects the warhead from the extreme heat of the re-entry phase......a RV always has thermal protection.

The fuses etc and any terminal guidance system is installed in the RV......if warhead goes alone, how can it guide itself to the target????

Are baba, You got me wrong. if RV is maneuvering what is the end result? The warhead is maneuvering right or wrong?

Prithvi 1, agni 1 and agni 2 have conventional warheads with maneuverable RVs

Do you have any credible source confirming this? Anyway, this thread is getting turned in to a Missile tech discussion:)

And by the way Agni can carry both nuclear and conventional warheads. not only conventional.

Are baba, You got me wrong. if RV is maneuvering what is the end result? The warhead is maneuvering right or wrong?

read my last post on the differences between maneuverable warhead and re-entry vehicle. They are for different purposes.

Do you have any credible source confirming this? Anyway, this thread is getting turned in to a Missile tech discussion:)

And by the way Agni can carry both nuclear and conventional warheads. not only conventional.

i dint mean payload dude. i meant warhead.

As for a credible link i will post ur own source....:P

Strategic Missiles | Indian Defence Review

Agni-II and Agni-I Maneuvering Re-entry Vehicle: MRV-Mk.2

This RV largely inherits the basic structure, design and technology of the earlier Mk.1 RV of the Agni-TD, but has more functionality and superior performance. After making room for new and lighter Indian thermonuclear weapon payload, the RV has room for about 200 kg liquid fuel in pressurised vessels to serve as High Altitude Motor for propulsion, as well as velocity correction. At least one variant uses a set of solid fuelled impulse cartridges for velocity trimming. The less than perfect mating of lightweight TN weapon an RV designed for heavier 1,000 Kg payload imposed its own challenges (different CG and lowered ‘²’ due to lighter payload) that also required addition of aero-fins. The lowered ‘²’ more rapidly slows the RV makes it susceptible to atmospheric disturbances and interception. On the other hand, reduced payload mass significantly increased the missile velocity & range (see range graph in Figure 2).
The RV has an attitude control system and aerodynamic maneuver fins, for better control, accuracy and survivability. Unconfirmed reports suggest that an improved optical or radar terminal phase correlation system has been developed to provide accuracy of around 40 metres CEP.

It is interesting to note that long-range missiles developed by other countries use RVs that are passive ballistic mass, thus their accuracy depends on ability of missile’s RV-bus to place RV on precise ballistic trajectory. The Agni-RV Mk.2 on the other hand, is more advanced because it embodies propulsion, navigation and control all the way to the target.

Actually, My bad.

India still doesnot have a functional maneuverable warhead. It is being tested on the Agni.

It just hit me, Prithvi never leaves the atmosphere, so ,even though the missile is highly maneuverable, it doesnot use maneuverable warhead.

This picture will better help understand its flight path.

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MISSILES/Images/Prithvi9.jpg

Actually, My bad.

India still doesnot have a functional maneuverable warhead. It is being tested on the Agni.

It just hit me, Prithvi never leaves the atmosphere, so ,even though the missile is highly maneuverable, it doesnot use maneuverable warhead.

This picture will better help understand its flight path.

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MISSILES/Images/Prithvi9.jpg

Hey it is getting turned in to missile thread.

so indians are going to american if they are than they will suffer even more

Back
Top Bottom