What's new

AF's plan to replace ailing MiG with 'Make in India' combat aircraft heading for trouble

Thing Is Orignal MMRCA hadf two kinds of MRCA fighters in mind from the very start one long endurance medium weight twin engined (rafale) and other was medium endurance medium weight single engined (F16) and IAF wanted Rafale and F16 from the very start but SAAB played games and so dod one other non russian acompany with elments of IAF top brass and MOD baboons did every thing to sabotage it which was instrumental is delaying the deal for over at least 2-3 years if not more

now dcoming to current level

the Blk60 IN level F16 had some issues but the new Blk70/72 is totally new figter which is on par if not better to rafale on most counts
(apart from range and payload capacity and flieght sieling) and with comparrission to what kind of F16 we have in our neighbourhood its like diffrence between a 1990s era desktop to a 2016 era desktop in every department rest you can calculate yourself

as for fight between F16 Blk70/72 and Grippen E well there is no contest as F16 is twice as capable as Grippen E in most department but has same price and requires same ammount of mantinence and swedes can never give the same ammount of polictical milage as the yamrican can so the deal is already going to LM
Explain it?
Do f16 have the ew capabilities of rafale,does it have anything like spectra?answer is no.and u told already in range and payload, again more duicore performance. Now agility, 9+g rated rafale will outperform 16 in any day. The only area 16 is having advantage is its cheep price tag,and I do believes that IAF is here to protect our sky not to make India a us puppet nation nor to generate revenue by accepting a mediocre vintage rotting weapon like f16.

i agree that f-16 block 60/70 is as good as a Rafael but how come india is going to maintain these fighters in 2025

1.jagaurs
2. mig 29
3. su 27/30
4. mirage 2000
5. LCA
rafale
6. gripen
7. +/- f-16s
8. and Pakfa

assuming india will retire the all the mig 21 and mig 27
rest are going no where till atleast 2040 given recent updates for migs, mirages and jaguars

what i assume is that india will not procure f-16 and just stick with the gripen and completely axe the LCA, they might get some off the shelf f-16 if Lockheed can warm some pockets..

regardlessly from the very beginning going for rafale when u didnt had the money was wrong decision

also operating 6-8 platforms for fighters alone will be nightmare, no country in the world including the USA or china does that, whom economies are 20x to 10x greater than india

These approches are not going to change pakistan approach, it will still purse the f-16s and thunders, though no new f-16s. parts will never be any issue given the vast number of alternatives, we will purse other Chinese or possibly European options if economy allows it

@PARIKRAMA ,@Abingdonboy tell us is there any chances for us not having f16 in tricolour? We want rafale only,though I am a big fan of su34s I don't want to c another fighter flying in tricolor after the purchase of 36rafis. Is there any chances for further follow on purchase to full fill the need of 126 rafale by IAF?

IF the F16 come with entire plant moved to india then it will ne massive order of 200 fighters stetching from 2018-2028

It will mean the following fighters will be scrapped betwenn now & 2028

Mig21 by 2020
Mig27 by 2018
MIG29SMT by 2028

BUT THE BIGGEST CASULTY will be the demise of LCA MK2 india will cancel the LCA completely

F16 /70 will have huge repurcussions

IT WILL LEAVE just 4 combat types

Russian SU30MKI
French rafale/mirage2000
USA F16

FGFA may not happen until after 2028

The BLOCK 70 is coming to india...

This deal is the real MMRCA winner

RAFALE lost the MMRCA just got a token prize...of 36 FIGHTERS. but THAT TOKEN will grown I predict india not buyinmg the PAK FA and ordering 36 more rafales in 2022 once first batch is ordered

FUTURE IAF will consist of

Rafale = Top End fighters cutting edge x 72
Su30mki/supermki x 270 Fighter IAF backbone mainstay
F16/70 X 140 planes lightweogfht mrca built in india policy
Tejas x 100 fighters = token indian indenguious effort LCA.
Mirage2000/5 x 50 UNTIL 2035

Everything will be scrapped

We would let u predict if u were half as intelligent as you think you are. :lol:

Bada aaya I predict ka chacha !!!!

There is no Blk70/72. The most advanced version is the Blk60. A further upgrade of the Blk60 is the Blk62 which has not yet been manufactured.
there is Blk70/72 just like version "V" its the next level of upgrade after blK60 and Blk60IN with current gen techs devloped in last decade after R&D lessons learned from Blk60 and is offered to india its primary R&D and testing is domne only serial production has to start of which it has to be decided weather to start it as a whole in india or make couple of squads in USA by Indian technecians under supervission of American experts and then tranferring whole assembelly lines and toolings , kits and rigs to india

but im sure your pride will never aknowledge it till you would see them flying in indian colours so dont worry mate there is a need of at least 10-12 squads of F16s in IAF most of which will be placed on Indo Pak border till that happens cheers mate :cheers:

i agree that f-16 block 60/70 is as good as a Rafael but how come india is going to maintain these fighters in 2025

1.jagaurs
2. mig 29
3. su 27/30
4. mirage 2000
5. LCA
rafale
6. gripen
7. +/- f-16s
8. and Pakfa

assuming india will retire the all the mig 21 and mig 27
rest are going no where till atleast 2040 given recent updates for migs, mirages and jaguars

what i assume is that india will not procure f-16 and just stick with the gripen and completely axe the LCA, they might get some off the shelf f-16 if Lockheed can warm some pockets..

regardlessly from the very beginning going for rafale when u didnt had the money was wrong decision

also operating 6-8 platforms for fighters alone will be nightmare, no country in the world including the USA or china does that, whom economies are 20x to 10x greater than india

These approches are not going to change pakistan approach, it will still purse the f-16s and thunders, though no new f-16s. parts will never be any issue given the vast number of alternatives, we will purse other Chinese or possibly European options if economy allows it

India would be retiring many of the ones that you have listed.

upload_2016-10-24_7-5-15.png

And then once the Mirages & MiG 29s are phased out (around 2030 I believe), we'd have the PAK FA right? That works out perfectly then.

Correct M2Ks & MIG-29 would be in service until 2030 and most likely would be replaced by additional RAFALEs.

FGFA would replace SU-30 MKIs (Super Sukhois)

There is talk of increasing the approved squadron strength to 50. That proposal would pick pace once the 42 number is achieved..

Correct M2Ks & MIG-29 would be in service until 2030 and most likely would be replaced by additional RAFALEs.

FGFA would replace SU-30 MKIs (Super Sukhois)

There is talk of increasing the approved squadron strength to 50. That proposal would pick pace once the 42 number is achieved..

That all makes perfect sense except one thing, why would we phase out the Su-30's so early? It'd still be a formidable bird, not to mention all the pains we went through to customize it w/ all the different sub systems and so on, and we have even managed to start producing them and their spare parts at home.

Doesn't it seem a bit rushed?

Then let it be f35. No where heard such thing that a customer declared a product as mediocre for its uses by thorough checks 2010,and after 7 years its thinking of inducting that platform with minor changes.

The checks 2010 was for a plane meeting the MRRCA requirements.
Now the requirements are not the same, so whether or not a plane met the spec then is irrelevant.
All tests on Gripen were made on Gripen C.
How is that relevant if Gripen E is what they are looking for?

View attachment 345983

It is a nice wishlist but improbable

Su 30 MKI will remain at 272, likely be upgraded
36 Rafaels will delivered by 2021, 18 more might be ordered there after.
Either Gripen or F-16 will be selected for an initial order of 90 - 126 aircrafts.
120 Tejas are already on order.
140 Jaguars are receiving their mid life upgrades now, will likely be in service for another 15 years.
49 Upgraded Mirages.
62 Upgraded Mig -29s

View attachment 345983
well i am surprised that you would throw down mirages just 10 years after amssive upgrade worth 2.4 billion dollars(equal to 60 LCA @40 million dollars or 18 rafale
and even more surpsied that even though we are looking at an expensive engine upgrade for jaugers in excess of 1 billion dollars they will not be in service in 2024, i mean by 2024 the process would barely be completed

Back
Top Bottom