What's new

Afghanistan-Pakistan border war(s) in the 60s?

Who would win in a war between Afghanistan and Pakistan ?

You mean a real war or a PDF one fought by Internet warriors?? As far as the former is concerned, there is no chance of its occurance.

What racist rants against punjabis? Did i make fun of complexation, height, looks, genetics etc of punjabis?
@Informant mentioned some social evils in pashtuns with intention of insult. I reminded him the social evils of punjab s. Whats racist about it?

Not pashtuns, dont twist my words. The Afghani type i mentioned. Plus it was after your complex riddled pukhtoonistan bullshit and superior race, what has your race provided to the world? Care to speak of. Pukhtoonistan was frankly a concept **** pukhtoons bulldozed over.

**** Pakhtoons and punjabis and sinfhis and balochis are ONE. Dont try to put words in my mouth.

I don't want a war with Afghanistan and frankly even you shouldn't they are barely out of one.

When and where did I say I want a war ? I was just asking hypothetically speaking if there is a full scale war, who will win, since there have already been so conflicts at the border. Don't answer if you don't want to.

Probably, Pakistan. Afghanistan's tactic would be to 'draw in' Pakistan to her territory and fight on home ground but Pakistan's Air Force can ensure that Afghanistan would suffer more damaging attacks to civil infrastructure and can see to put Afghanistan on a trade embargo with which Afghanistan can look to reintroduce tactics of the Soviet era but they cannot penetrate and damage much of Pakistani territory. Even on the whole, Pakistan can afford more manpower to counter guerrilla tactics and Afghanistan cannot maintain tactics without proper support of an external power (on the level of the US, which is doubtful India could or would be able do it).
A real war. Just hypothetically, who will win ?

Racism not like about skin, looks etc but how punjabis are not proper muslims and we will make them follow proper islam etc which is not racism i agree but bigotry. And your support for TTP over Pak army just because most of them are pakhtuns. While they never ever talked about any ethnics, they have punjabis etc basically anyone who agree with them.
I agree TTP do not confine itself to an ethnicity. I do not support TTP, i consider them "bigrray howay bachay" of nation. The misguided people who are result of wrong policies of ISI.

Yet despite being a terrorist organization, taliban have achieved some things which are examplary.
1- The first ever wide scale movement among pakhtuns that has presence from herat to malakand, and from khyber to karachi.
2- The first ever movement among pakhtuns which is free from intra-tribal conflicts.
3- Their concept of shura is not prone to become hereditary rule.
As they are bigots, wrong and sinful so they are not suitable to lead pashtun nation. But a similar revolutionary religous movement which is free from terrorism and bigotry, who believe in science and technology, modern education and international diplomacy...would be the ideal choice. That movement then should establish rule over sindh and punjab...
It is khyali pulao, so dont worry

You should know the meaning of the word WAR.

Just because there is some shooting on the border does not mean a WAR.

Heck that does not even classify as a BATTLE.

You could call it a border disturbance.

We have those kind of shootings with Indian Army at least 4 or 5 times a year.

I guess then the confrontation between India and Pakistan in 1999 wasn't a war since it lasted a few days or the war between Georgia and the Russian Federation in 2008 for the very same reasons....they were just shootings on both sides and an invasion.

Here is something from Encyclopedia of world history,

Tensions with Pakistan, especially over the border issue, would characterize postwar Afghanistan’s history. The 1,300-mile border with Pakistan, the so-called Durand Line, had been established by the British decades earlier to divide the fractious Pashtun tribe. Pashtuns ended up on both sides of the border. The departure of the British in 1947 gave Shah Mahmud and other Pashtuns in Afghanistan hope for Pashtun unification. Mahmud and others called for an independent “Pashtunistan”
and encouraged rebellion on the Pakistan side of the border. In 1950 in retaliation, Pakistan halted shipments of petroleum to Afghanistan. Crippled without oil, Afghanistan turned to the Soviets and signed a major trade agreement.
Pakistan, meanwhile, became an important part of the American military alliance.
In 1953 Mohammed Daoud, the king’s cousin and brother-in-law and a young, Western-educated modernizer,came to power. His vigorous pursuit of Pashtun unification created more tensions with Pakistan and pushed Afghanistan further toward the Soviets. Interested in spreading and consolidating power along its border regions, the Soviet Union was eager to assist. At the same time, though, the United States also tried to win influence in Afghanistan. As part of cold war strategy, the United States wanted to create an alliance of nations along the Soviet Union’s border—Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, and Turkey. Daoud refused to join the resulting Baghdad Pact but accepted U.S. aid.
During his 10 years in power, Daoud pursued a cautiously reformist agenda, in which economic development became the chief goal of the state. To help with modernizing projects, Daoud skillfully played the Soviets and the United States off of each other. Afghanistan received $500 million in aid from the United States and $2.5 billion from the Soviets. Daoud used this aid to consolidate his own power.
In the early 1960s Daoud, obsessed with Pashtun unification, made payments to tribesmen on both sides of the border and spread propaganda. In 1960 he sent troops across the border. As a result the two countries severed relations in September 1961 and the border was closed to even nomadic sheepherders. In 1963 as it became clear that an extended showdown with Pakistan would only hurt Afghanistan, King Zahir Shah dismissed Daoud and took direct control of the country. The king ruled from 1963 to 1973. Within two months of taking power he had reached an agreement reestablishing diplomatic and trade relations with Pakistan.

Its interesting that the two famous fighters against british...faqir of ipi and ajab khan afridi, were involved in pashtunistan movement.....but both of them didnt initiated any armed struggle against pakistan, pashtunistan movement diminished and then died because unlike british, pakistan pulled out troops from FATA...and didnt take any military action against faqir of ipi who announced pakhtunistan state in waziristan....pakistan being a muslim country and its decision to pull out faujis from tribal areas earned great trust in tribesmen...from 1947 to 2004 we saw peace in tribal areas untill faujis came with artillary, gunship helis and jets.

Homogenization of tribal areas is one of the big problems Pakistan face right now. Tribal militias need to go as well as jirga system. tribals need to accept the administrative and judicial system of pakistan. I would say tribal areas would be a lot less troublesome if only those political agents were smarter people.

Homogenization of tribal areas is one of the big problems Pakistan face right now. Tribal militias need to go as well as jirga system. tribals need to accept the administrative and judicial system of pakistan. I would say tribal areas would be a lot less troublesome if only those political agents were smarter people.
Political agents are just beurocrats who enforce FCR. FATA is in the ruins due to Pak army/ISI, now i am hearing they support FCR.
Pakistan was supposed to abolish colonial laws of FCR, which were invented by British to punish and tame tribesmen. Instead of FCR, greater autonomy with normal laws should have been given to them.

Agreed FCR needs to be abolished. Tribals have been mishandled and manipulated by pakistan especially to use them against india.
btw do you still read one piece?

If the Afghanistani Pashtun populace and land join Pakistan, that could solve the problem :-) After all, most of their brethren do live in Pakistan, and Afghanistan can hardly be called that since the 'Afghan' (Pashtun) are neither a majority there nor is their language.

BUT, that's just a suggestion.

Agreed FCR should be demolished followed by development, education and infrastructure as well as increase in the economic value of common man in fata.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom