What's new

Afghan Taliban is not a threat to Islamabad : Senator Mushahid Hussain

A-Team

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
I always felt that senator Mushahid Hussain was an astute politician with a grasp of the realities of our region.
but seems he has gone pretty obtuse over the Afghan talis.

He needs to know that the Afghan Talis are in bed with TTP, they are murdering Afghans now but when they are done with Afghanistan guess where will be their next stop! Pakistan is the ulitmate prize for these extremiests.

Sane voices in Pakistan and Afghanistan must join hands to work against such mindset because I for one don't want the future of my children to be defined by these barbarians.

/Peace

Taliban Not Pakistan's Enemy: Pakistani Senator

@Irfan Baloch @Atanz

I always felt that senator Mushahid Hussain was an astute politician with a grasp of the realities of our region.

He needs to know that the Afghan Talis are in bed with TTP, they are murdering Afghans now but when they are done with Afghanistan guess where will be their next stop! Pakistan is the ulitmate prize for these extremiests.

Sane voices in Pakistan and Afghanistan must join hands to work against such mindset because I for one don't want the future of my children to be defined by these barbarians.

/Peace

@Irfan Baloch @Atanz
what afghan sane voices are you reffering too, thats the problem there are no sane voices in Afghanistan only the likes of Hamid karzai and general Dostam who are doing more harm to Afghanistan then taliban themselves.

/Peace

@Irfan Baloch @Atanz

I suspect what Senator Mushahid meant is that he wants a fragmented Afghan polity -- a Taliban that is similar to the way Hamas has a deal in Lebanon. If that were to occur, it is possibly the least risky scenario for Pakistan. Not the most bright outcome but for the next couple of decades it is the most risk averse option. Yes not at all ideal for Afghanistan but that is what is wrong with an interest based thinking -- but if it comes down to Pakistani interests vs Afghan interests, that is the outcome Pakistanis would desire: A fragmented Afghan polity with a tolerable Taliban problem

Last edited:

/Peace

@Irfan Baloch @Atanz

Yep, the interaction between the Afghan Taliban and the TTP varies from tolerance to outright help. Plenty of TTP fighters have fought in Afghanistan and the TTP operates within Afghanistan under the very noses of the Afghan Taliban.
They are all backward pieces of trash and should be blown to hell.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom