What's new

Afghan President Ashraf Ghani has issued a decree banning Pakistani trucks from entering the country

maravan91

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Afghan president bans Pakistani trucks from entering Afghanistan

Afghan President Ashraf Ghani has issued a decree banning Pakistani trucks from entering the country via the Torkham and Spin Boldak border crossings, ToloNews reported.

The Afghan Transport Ministry confirmed the move on Sunday, saying that trucks would only be allowed up to the border crossings, at which point the trucks will have to offload their goods and transfer them to Afghan trucks, according to ToloNews.

"The Afghanistan and Pakistan Trade Agreement (APTA) has expired. Before this Pakistan did not allow Afghan trucks to enter its territory. So we [will] do the same, and after this Pakistani trucks will be unloaded at borders and Afghan trucks will carry the goods to Hairatan and Shir Khan ports," Transport Ministry Spokesman Hekmatullah Qawanch said.

It is believed that Ghani's decree will provide a greater number of job opportunities for truckers and transit companies. "Currently there is no work for transit companies and the drivers are at home," a director of a transport company, Abdul Ghafoor Norzai, said.

ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER AD
"Pakistani trucks go to every part of our country, but our trucks are not allowed to enter Pakistan. We want the government to do the same to Pakistan and also help us to be allowed to enter neighbouring countries," said Abdul Rauf, the head of a transport company.

The Afghan Transport Ministry said Kabul would sign transit agreements with Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan soon, on the basis of which Afghan trucks would be allowed to enter the three countries, ToloNews reported.https://www.dawn.com/news/1365712/afghan-president-bans-pakistani-trucks-from-entering-afghanistan

Ghani bans Pakistani trucks from entering Afghanistan
trucks-1.jpg

KABUL: Afghan President Ashraf Ghani has issued a decree banning Pakistani trucks from crossing into the country which means Afghan trucking companies could get more work.

The Afghan Transport Ministry said that the trucks will only be allowed up to the border crossing.

According to the ministry, Pakistani trucks will have to offload their goods and transfer them to Afghan trucks.

Pakistani trucks have until now crossed into Afghanistan at Torkham and Spin Boldak borders and many transport their goods on through the borders into other Central Asian countries.

The Afghanistan and Pakistan Trade Agreement (APTA) has expired. Before this Pakistan did now allow Afghan trucks to enter its territory. So we do the same and after this Pakistani trucks will be unloaded at borders and Afghan trucks will carry the goods to Hairatan and Shir Khan ports,” Transport Ministry Spokesman Hekmatullah Qawanch said.

By this move, lots of people will get job opportunities and the transit companies will also get work. Currently, there is no work for transit companies and the drivers are at home,” a director of a transport company Abdul Ghafoor Norzai said.

Pakistani trucks go to every part of our country, but our trucks are not allowed to enter Pakistan. We want the government to do the same to Pakistan and also help us to be allowed to enter neighbouring countries,” Abdul Rauf, the head of a transport company said.

The ministry also said they will sign transit agreements with Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan soon and based on the new agreements, Afghan trucks will be allowed to enter the three countries

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2017/10/23/ghani-bans-pakistani-trucks-from-entering-afghanistan/

Going through Afghanistan is a terrible idea

The way to Central Asia should be to utilise CPEC go around Afghanistans pan handle into china snd Central Asia

Whats the point of trade with Afghanistan when it brings chaos

If it was me I would stop supply of diesel for Kabuli trucks ............. i.e. ungal tehri kar kay ghee nikalna.

If it was me I would stop supply of diesel for Kabuli trucks ............. i.e. ungal tehri kar kay ghee nikalna.
If it was me, I would buy it from smugglers who sell cheap Iranian diesel. i.e. isko kehte hain seher pe sawa seher :woot:

The CPEC would have gone through the Afghan pan handle

But CPEC itself goes to China, roads, motorways are being built to connect up to central Asia just going round the pan handle
Lol, you can make it across the mars. End customer sees the cost-effectiveness of the available routes.

Pakistani Trucks can go to every part of the Afghanistan, not bonded to Kabul regime only however, Afghan trucks are not allowed..... oh wait... there are Trucks of Afghanistan and karzai wants them to roam freely inside Pakistan beside the credibility of Kabul Limited Regime. Ghani should also dare to stop all the trucks that mostly includes NATO supply and see what is coming next.

Back
Top Bottom