What's new

Afghan Invaders and Waris Shah

How history changes. Now Punjabis have one of the largest military in the world and there is nothing the neighbouring ''superior race'' can do.

Correction: Pakistanis. There are also Pashtuns in Pak army , whose tribes were part of Abdali's army. For example my marwat tribe had to provide 200 horsemen to the military campaigns of Abdali. Alam khan marwat and his son diler khan marwat, chief of marwat tribe in 1761 , rode to panipat war with abdali and was actually given command of 2500 soldiers to capture kanjpura fort again.

Now same marwat tribesmen are recruiting in Pak army.

Correction: Pakistanis. There are also Pashtuns in Pak army , whose tribes were part of Abdali's army. For example my marwat tribe had to provide 200 horsemen to the military campaigns of Abdali. Alam khan marwat and his son diler khan marwat, chief of marwat tribe in 1761 , rode to panipat war with abdali and was actually given command of 2500 soldiers to capture kanjpura fort again.

Sir completely Agreed. :pakistan:

Wonder why the Mughal, Shah Nawaz killed the Pir Sabir Shah. He killed him in the most brutal manner by pouring hot molten silver down his throat. Shah Nawaz was a very ambitious man, he had began strengthening his personal army by recruiting hundreds of Uzbeks, the total army under his command was 70,000 at the time of Abdali's invasion. But Abdali using his superior battle field tactics easily beat him. The Mughals fled Lahore leaving behind all of their military equipment which came into the possession of Abdali.

Pir Sabir Paak [ an Afghan Shariah Scholar and the backbone of the Chishti Sufi Order in Rohilkhand ] was not killed by any Nawaz shah. This is propaganda by some among the Sikhs. And Allah's Saints are protected from getting hurt that way. No one can touch Pir Sabir Paak RA

Alauddin Sabir Kaliyari - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ShahNawaz seems psychotic. If his intention was to infuriate, then it had the desired effect. Abdali invaded India. A fierce battle took place near Lahore. Although Abdali's army was smaller but his army fought well against a better equipped Mughal army. The battle was indecisive until an Afghan from Kasur named Jumla Khan abandoned the Mughals with his entire army and joined his kinsmen under Abdali. This tilted the battle in favour of the Afghans. Shahnawaz and the entire Mughal army fled towards Delhi in fear and confusion. This seems to be a common trend among Pathans of that time period that they would not fight against their kinsmen. Jumla Khan was made governor of Lahore for his services.

There are many Ghilzai, Barech, Durrani, and Yusufzai Punjabi families in Lahore/Kasur to this day, a remnant of those times

Last edited:
Pir Sabir Paak [ an Afghan Shariah Scholar and the backbone of the Chishti Sufi Order in Rohilkhand ] was not killed by any Nawaz shah. This is propaganda by some among the Sikhs. And Allah's Saints are protected from getting hurt that way. No one can touch Pir Sabir Paak RA

Alauddin Sabir Kaliyari - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are many Ghilzai, Barech, Durrani, and Yusufzai Punjabi families in Lahore/Kasur to this day, a remnant of those times

You are confusing him with some one else.
In 1747, Pir sabir Shah,a sufi shiekh, proclaimed Ahmad khan of the Abdali tribe Badshah, dur-i-durran.
Historical Dictionary of Afghanistan - Ludwig W. Adamec - Google Books

Khojeh Abdul Kareem provides a very strong historical reference in the person of Muhammad Yar Khan, the mint master of Ahmad Shah Abdali himself as the source of his information for his brief, but important biography of Pir Sabir Shah:
Kareem is discussing the martyrdom of Pir Sabir Shah at the hands of Shah Nawaz of Lahore when the former was sent as an ambassador for terms to the latter by Ahmad Shah Abdali.

"Sabir, the derveish, went into the city of Lahoor, to visit the holy shrines, and see his mother, who resided there; as well as to endeavour to prevail upon the governor to surrender: but lost his life in the attempt. I shall relate the particulars in the manner they were told me by Mohammed Yar Khan, Ahmed Shah’s mintmaster, who was intimately acquainted with the derveish. Baba Sabir, a handsome youth, was the son of a farrier of Lahoor, and having an early inclination to abandon worldly pursuits, left his own country when very young, and travelled to Cabul, Kandahar and Herat. A short time before the murder of Nadir Shah, Baba Sabir was pitching a little tent, and playing like a boy, when they asked him, “Derveish, what are you about?” He answered, “The kingdom of Nadir Shah being at an end, I am setting up the tent of Ahmed Shah.” After the death of Nadir Shah, Ahmed Shah having obtained a kingdom as the derveish had predicted, whatever he asserted afterwards gained universal credit. By his advice, Ahmed Shah assumed the title of Doordowran, or the pearl of the age; from whence he and his Abdallees were afterwards called Dooranee. When they came to Lahoor, the derviesh insisted upon going to the city, notwithstanding all Ahmed Shah’s endeavours to dissuade him from so rash an undertaking. He accordingly set out, attended by Mohammed Yar Khan. When he entered the city of Lahoor, the spies of Shahnowaz Khan brought intelligence, that the magician of Ahmed Shah was come with intention to bewitch all the cannon: He was accordingly seized, and brought before Shahnowaz Khan, who at the intercession of Adeeneh Beg Khan, received him with civility and respect: but not consenting to the derveish’s proposal of surrendering himself to Ahmed Shah, Sabir behaved with such insufferable insolence, that he and Mohammed Yar Khan were committed to prison. The next day Shanowaz Khan’s courtiers persuading him, that he would bring misfortune upon himself by suffering Sabir the magician to live, he gave orders for him to be put to death, and the sentence was executed in a cruel manner. But Mohammed Yar Khan, at the interposition of some of the courtiers of Shahnowaz Khan, to whom he had formerly rendered good offices, was set at liberty. Ahmed Shah was so enraged at the death of his spiritual guide and ambassador, that he instantly crossed the Ravee to attack the enemy’s intrenchments..."
The Memoirs of Khojeh Abdulkareem: Who Accompanied Nadir Shah, on His Return ... - Ê»Abd-al-KarÄ«m KašmÄ«rÄ« - Google Books
Translation: PHI Persian Literature in Translation

@Jaggu

You are confusing him with some one else.
In 1747, Pir sabir Shah,a sufi shiekh, proclaimed Ahmad khan of the Abdali tribe Badshah, dur-i-durran.
Historical Dictionary of Afghanistan - Ludwig W. Adamec - Google Books

Khojeh Abdul Kareem provides a very strong historical reference in the person of Muhammad Yar Khan, the mint master of Ahmad Shah Abdali himself as the source of his information for his brief, but important biography of Pir Sabir Shah:
Kareem is discussing the martyrdom of Pir Sabir Shah at the hands of Shah Nawaz of Lahore when the former was sent as an ambassador for terms to the latter by Ahmad Shah Abdali.

"Sabir, the derveish, went into the city of Lahoor, to visit the holy shrines, and see his mother, who resided there; as well as to endeavour to prevail upon the governor to surrender: but lost his life in the attempt. I shall relate the particulars in the manner they were told me by Mohammed Yar Khan, Ahmed Shah’s mintmaster, who was intimately acquainted with the derveish. Baba Sabir, a handsome youth, was the son of a farrier of Lahoor, and having an early inclination to abandon worldly pursuits, left his own country when very young, and travelled to Cabul, Kandahar and Herat. A short time before the murder of Nadir Shah, Baba Sabir was pitching a little tent, and playing like a boy, when they asked him, “Derveish, what are you about?” He answered, “The kingdom of Nadir Shah being at an end, I am setting up the tent of Ahmed Shah.” After the death of Nadir Shah, Ahmed Shah having obtained a kingdom as the derveish had predicted, whatever he asserted afterwards gained universal credit. By his advice, Ahmed Shah assumed the title of Doordowran, or the pearl of the age; from whence he and his Abdallees were afterwards called Dooranee. When they came to Lahoor, the derviesh insisted upon going to the city, notwithstanding all Ahmed Shah’s endeavours to dissuade him from so rash an undertaking. He accordingly set out, attended by Mohammed Yar Khan. When he entered the city of Lahoor, the spies of Shahnowaz Khan brought intelligence, that the magician of Ahmed Shah was come with intention to bewitch all the cannon: He was accordingly seized, and brought before Shahnowaz Khan, who at the intercession of Adeeneh Beg Khan, received him with civility and respect: but not consenting to the derveish’s proposal of surrendering himself to Ahmed Shah, Sabir behaved with such insufferable insolence, that he and Mohammed Yar Khan were committed to prison. The next day Shanowaz Khan’s courtiers persuading him, that he would bring misfortune upon himself by suffering Sabir the magician to live, he gave orders for him to be put to death, and the sentence was executed in a cruel manner. But Mohammed Yar Khan, at the interposition of some of the courtiers of Shahnowaz Khan, to whom he had formerly rendered good offices, was set at liberty. Ahmed Shah was so enraged at the death of his spiritual guide and ambassador, that he instantly crossed the Ravee to attack the enemy’s intrenchments..."
The Memoirs of Khojeh Abdulkareem: Who Accompanied Nadir Shah, on His Return ... - Ê»Abd-al-KarÄ«m KašmÄ«rÄ« - Google Books
Translation: PHI Persian Literature in Translation

@Jaggu

Thanks for the correction.

At least it is good to know that Ahmad Shah Abdali Durrani was Ahlesunnat

Thanks for the correction.

At least it is good to know that Ahmad Shah Abdali Durrani was Ahlesunnat

Read also this for your interest.

"Ahmad Shah Durrani was attempting to form alliance of muslim central asian khanates and kazaks in order to mount military campaign against the Qing expansion into central asia. The powerful muslim ruler was upset at the murder of muslim saints, the kashghar khojas......
Ahmad Shah Durrani against Qing China

Who cares what the cockroach thought and wrote, who the hell is Waris shah some drug crazed working class cockroach.

All losers cry Waris Shah is no different.

Sorry bro I didn't mean to say bad about Pushtun tribes. I am aware of great sacrifices of Pushtuns for Pakistan.

Who cares what the cockroach thought and wrote, who the hell is Waris shah some drug crazed working class cockroach.

Note his place of birth, jandiala sher khan (shiekhopura), had predominantly pashtun population and they were the land lords of the town. It seems he had developed resentments against his pashtun feudal lords from his childhood.

You are idiot and loser. Waris shah is known as Shakespeare of Punjabi Language. Punjabi people have respect for his poetry and peaceful thoughts . He is 100 times better that some looters and thieves

Note his place of birth, jandiala sher khan (shiekhopura), had predominantly pashtun population and they were the land lords of the town. It seems he had developed resentments against his pashtun feudal lords from his childhood.

You live in dreams, Sheikhupura is a jatt/Arain heartland, there has never been any such thing as pashtun feudal anywhere in central punjab :rofl:

Waris shah is to us what Khushal khan khattak or Rehman baba is to your people (if you are real pashtun which I doubt), you have no manners whatsoever I have to say that.

You live in dreams, Sheikhupura is a jatt/Arain heartland, there has never been any such thing as pashtun feudal anywhere in central punjab :rofl:

Waris shah is to us what Khushal khan khattak or Rehman baba is to your people (if you are real pashtun which I doubt), you have no manners whatsoever I have to say that.
Sheikhupura was the stronghold of Virk Jatts, Arain probably came after partition. It was previously also know as Virkgarh.

Sheikhupura was the stronghold of Virk Jatts, Arain probably came after partition. It was previously also know as Virkgarh.

No Arains of Sheikhupura are mostly native. While it is true many Arains in pakistan are migrants from indian punjab but still majority are of native origin in many places.

I didnt make it up, the punjabi site is saying so. And i didnt say whole shiekhopura but a village.
Moreover old pathan population of punjab is dwindled. Forexample pathan colony of kasur, was strong and numerous enough to bring more than 30,000 pathan soldiers against ranjeet singh but todays kasur has no traces of pathans.

Back
Top Bottom