What's new

Aesa Radar ” Uttam ” for Tejas MK-II been tested Air-to- Air mode

It Will Developed by NASA Not Isro So No SAR Tech from US as your Source itself Says That
Lol, thats about 2020, and its not USA that going to provide tech. of SAR to India.

India already developed its tech. for SAR, and its just a co-op development. But who helped India in past about developing Indian SAR tech.?

BTW, you remembered TecSAR? What Indian demanded in return?

No, there are other sources stating USA was not interested in joint collaboration with India due to SAR being a dual use technology.Google them yourself.

Then voila after PM's visit they decided to launch the satellite together.
And no, I have no idea about TES or TecSAR.

Now give your source about Israel.

It Will Developed by NASA Not Isro So No SAR Tech from US as your Source itself Says That

We will be having many of our own SAR satellites by than.

The S-band SAR will be developed by ISRO btw.

No, there are other sources stating USA was not interested in joint collaboration with India due to SAR being a dual use technology.Google them yourself.

Then voila after PM's visit they decided to launch the satellite together.
And no, I have no idea about TES or TecSAR.

Now give your source about Israel.
Bro, you dont have knowledge of TES , TecSAR, RISAT 1 and RISAT 2. Even how many sources you want.
Just google them. And read about it, from where India get a 1m resolution Synthetic Aperture Radar tech. The US cant provide a thing that India already has.

Bro, you dont have knowledge of TES , TecSAR, RISAT 1 and RISAT 2. Even how many sources you want.
Just google them. And read about it, from where India get a 1m resolution Synthetic Aperture Radar tech. The US cant provide a thing that India already has.

Alrite then it seems US is giving a better resolution SAR, otherwise thier reluctance to transfer SAR tech makes no sense.

We will be having many of our own SAR satellites by than.

The S-band SAR will be developed by ISRO btw.
I Know that Even LRDE is currently working on both SAR and ISAR radars for target detection and classification.
I was just Curious About US sharing this Tech with us

Alrite then it seems US is giving a better resolution SAR, otherwise thier reluctance to transfer SAR tech makes no sense.

India already has C-band SAR tech. with 1m resolution, and if requested then definitely IAI provide X-band SAR tech. There is nothing US can provide,

the project you talking about is not ToT, its a joint development, thats all.

India already has C-band SAR tech. with 1m resolution, and request then definitely IAI provide X-band SAR tech. There is nothing US can provide,

the project you talking about is not ToT, its a joint development, thats all.

How do you know Israel provided the tech to India ?Any sources ?
For all we know maybe Israel just sold a fully built SAR to India, like you are suggesting US is doing ?
And US is actually providing ToT this time around.

That would explain earlier US reluctance towards this project.

How do you know Israel provided the tech to India ?Any sources ?
For all we know maybe Israel just sold a fully built SAR to India, like you are suggesting US is doing ?
And US is actually providing ToT this time around.

That would explain earlier US reluctance towards this project.
Lol, how you know that US providing ToT, dont come up with any conclusion? And yes, in past IAI provided readymade solutions, way back in 2008. The name is RISAT 2.

Lol, how you know that US providing ToT, dont come up with any conclusion? And yes, in past IAI provided readymade solutions, way back in 2008. The name is RISAT 2.

Yes I don't know for sure.
It was conjecture on my part from the fact that Washington earlier expressed reluctance for this joint project citing dual use nature of this technology and suddenly changed its mind afterwards.

Your claims, on the other hand, are baseless.

Yes I don't know for sure.
It was conjecture on my part from the fact that Washington earlier expressed reluctance for this joint project citing dual use nature of this technology and suddenly changed its mind afterwards.

Your claims, on the other hand, are baseless.

Okey, I dont want to go on google, and search sources, just to prove me right. You have internet, you can do that, or ask any senior member here about it.

Thanx

There is limited info in public about Uttam AESA. As far as we know, its a small AESA radar to be fitted on LCA mk II with 100 km range. So the range OK, not good not bad. The EW capabilities will be awesome though.

Hi,
I have actually worked on rajendra PESA as a part of my intern and also on a much simpler bi-static radar as my own project. I happen to know about phased arrays in some decent depth,the point i was making was not this though,i wanted to point out that IF DIGITAL BEAM FORMING of ashwin and arudra trickled down to L-273,then it would be a much advanced radar in terms of higher degree of beam control. This simple picture illustrates the DBF architecture
DBF.png

@cereberus
As for the range of the radar,you need to have higher PAP(power aperture product).The PAP in turn depends(peak power and aperture being constant) on the weighing function that are used to provide "weights" at each antenna.Here is a graph that illustrates how a 1000element linear array behave when different weighing functions are used.They are often expressed as one dimensional complex matrix W
PAP_amardeep.png

Last edited:
Hi,
I have actually worked on rajendra PESA as a part of my intern and also on a much simpler bi-static radar as my own project. I happen to know about phased arrays in some decent depth,the point i was making was not this though,i wanted to point out that IF DIGITAL BEAM FORMING of ashwin and arudra trickled down to L-273,then it would be a much advanced radar in terms of higher degree of beam control. This simple picture illustrates the DBF architecture
View attachment 183818

@cereberus
As for the range of the radar,you need to have higher PAP(power aperture product).The PAP in turn depends(peak power and aperture being constant) on the weighing function that are used to provide "weights" at each antenna.Here is a graph that illustrates how a 1000element linear array behave when different weighing functions are used.They are often expressed as one dimensional complex matrix W
View attachment 183820
I think you should not give specifics like you have been giving. Although it improves your credentials on forum, it may do some harm. Instead you may just mention that you are professional.

To be honest,i give specifics only for the information that HAS ALREADY BEEN RELEASED BY DRDO in the form of their newsletters,tech focus,seminars-one can always discuss based on released information
I think information about DRDO is OK. But you may be giving information about you. Not sure if you are concerned about that. Just a thought, please don't mind

Back
Top Bottom