What's new

Aero India 2013

One best thing on LCH-2 is the digital camouflage... looks really cool and very professional

^^can some one post LCH-2 digital camaflouge pic???

003.jpg
006.jpg

why they still not assembeld TD2 ??or its going to be as it's in static display ...

LCH doesnt have the other active
vibration control because of space
requirements.. so structure built
with slight weight penalty to
withstand higher vibration Shakthi engine (Shakthi lifts 200kg at
6km alt on ALH) Survivability:
IR suppressors for Engine IR
Dual engines, Dual - hydraulics
NBC pressurized cockpit (not in ALH)
flat panles to reduce glint Weapons:
AA, Rockets, AG, Datalink, Turret guns Makes a confident & sweeping
statement "LCH the most agile helo in the world today" move from Push-pull rods to push-pull
cables to reduce weight, improve
maintainence. MLG, TLG tested for crashworthiness We have had to reduce about 350kgs from initial estimates which we did fairly successfully Modifications based on TD1 flight tests:(for drag reduction, flight performance) Optimization of cowling scopps
MLG fairing modified armament boom --> new
design more of a wing (boom with an airfoil shape). Booms are removable. TLG fairing Tail end plates removed (were giving
more horizontal stability than
required.. so removed to reduce drag) Completed 65flights covering 35hrs AFCS turned on - the LCH was more stable than ALH even without AFCS . Pilots were extremely impressed with the stability. The AFCS was similar to
ALH - we only needed very minor
tweaks for gains during roll as LCH has lower roll inertia compared to ALH. TD2 paining will be a huge surprise.. It is very fancy painting that I would love for you all to see . This kind of painting is not done anywhere in the world. Also in pipeline is the indigenous development of IDAS, AFCS Top rakall

I totally missed this thread.. Was working all this time...
Want every bit of info...especially missiles...
Thnx Ganimi and Benny..

AVM PP Katarki
CABS,DRDO

“Indian AEW&C System”

* No clear indication about the range and coverage of the primary radar! It is said to be a work in progress.
Ultimate target of 300 degree coverage (150 on each side) was heard off the podium.

Features--

1. Aircraft modifications vis a vis other Emb 145 based systems.

1. In flight refuelling.

2. IFF (friend foe identifcation)

3. Satcom radome.

4. Two auxillary power units instead of one.

5. Three cooling packs instead of two.

6. Fusalage fuel tank for extra range.

7.Structural strengthening and addition of upto 59 extra antennae.

Systems

a) LSTAR---

1. S band radar with elevation scan added to avoid aircraft banking problems.

2.Teflon based antenna panels.

3. Convection cooling.

b) IFF.

1. L band radar, also housed in the primary radome.

c) ESM.

*360 degree coverage.

d) CSM.

* 360 degree with recording facility

e) Communication.

1. 7 VUH F sets for voice comm.

2. C band high speed data link for Line of sight transfer.

3. SATCOM termonal for non LOS transfer.

Jingo bytes! :smokin::smokin:

1. Embraer will deliver the craft late this year, after certifying it to FAR-25 standards with the radome. I repeat FAR-25 certification--this year!

2. IOC expected in 2012.

3. Even the CEMILAC chief said that this program was perfectly on time and he was confidant of IOC certification by 2012!

4. Eat dung, Rajat Pandit! :flame::cool:

Thank you all for such great knowledge and thank you for opening such a thread...
Also don't you guys think that the max. speed of LCH should be much more than 275 kmph ?? I mean its lowest among its competitors. Although it has many great features which i never expected. Great work by HAL.

LCH

Dr. Prasad Sampat, HAL.

1. LCH was conceived based on ASR created after the Kargil investigations.

2. TD 1 flight displays in AE 2011. TD 2 will be static display. TD 3 will join in Feb 2012.

3. 350 kg weight reduction done successfully on TD1.

4.Features of LCH---

* Push pull cable used instead of rod for lower weight and higher safety for the craft.

* Cockpit and HM interface developed with extensive input from users from early stage.

*LCH more stable than ALH.

*Directional solidified blades.

* IR suppresor.

* Facetting for RCS reduction.

* Smart materials for vibration suppression and health monitoring.

* EW and UV based MAWS being developed. (Different source)

5.SPECS

MTOW- 6500kg.
V NE- 330 kmph; V H- 275 kmph.
Rate of climb- 12 m/s
Max. Altitude- 6500m
Range- 570 km on int fuel,
750 km with aux fuel.

6. Modifications on TD1

* End plates removed- For weight reduction as the extra vertical stabilisation was not needed. (That ends the debate on AE 2011 thread!)

* Both tail and nose landing gear fairings.

* Armament boom modified by giving it an aerofoil cross section.

*Optimised cowling scoops.

directional solidified blades means single crystal blade technolgy:devil::cheesy::azn:
how did they got it ?
from other country or home grown?

my idm is not catching url from aero india seminar site?
any solution to this

Thank you all for such great knowledge and thank you for opening such a thread...
Also don't you guys think that the max. speed of LCH should be much more than 275 kmph ?? I mean its lowest among its competitors. Although it has many great features which i never expected. Great work by HAL.

perhaps 275 kmph is at thin air atmosphere in
kashimir hills

perhaps 275 kmph is at thin air atmosphere in
kashimir hills
Yeah at high altitude if the problem is there then 275 is fine but at rest of the condition it should operate at high speed. Although the seminarr is great.

I am not able to access the videos of seminar now...help me

directional solidified blades means single crystal blade technolgy:devil::cheesy::azn:
how did they got it ?
from other country or home grown?

Well It certainly is a Single crystal Blade technology, we Had developed one for Kaveri Though.... But I doubt we had a Program running for This..

If this is true then LCH is indeed a Respectable development in 4 years time...

Back
Top Bottom