What's new

Aero India 2013

AVM PP Katarki
CABS,DRDO

“Indian AEW&C System”

* No clear indication about the range and coverage of the primary radar! It is said to be a work in progress.
Ultimate target of 300 degree coverage (150 on each side) was heard off the podium.

Features--

1. Aircraft modifications vis a vis other Emb 145 based systems.

1. In flight refuelling.

2. IFF (friend foe identifcation)

3. Satcom radome.

4. Two auxillary power units instead of one.

5. Three cooling packs instead of two.

6. Fusalage fuel tank for extra range.

7.Structural strengthening and addition of upto 59 extra antennae.

Systems

a) LSTAR---

1. S band radar with elevation scan added to avoid aircraft banking problems.

2.Teflon based antenna panels.

3. Convection cooling.

b) IFF.

1. L band radar, also housed in the primary radome.

c) ESM.

*360 degree coverage.

d) CSM.

* 360 degree with recording facility

e) Communication.

1. 7 VUH F sets for voice comm.

2. C band high speed data link for Line of sight transfer.

3. SATCOM termonal for non LOS transfer.

Though there is no official source mentioning the range but I think the instrumental range is 475 km. The L-band radar and S-band IFF has huge benefits. Way to go. 2012 IOC and 2013 induction means the AWACS is developed in just four years!!! :yahoo: This was possible only because of earlier R&D done on AESA and related technologies.

I watched two of the seminars in full yesterday I think "C" and "B" I particularly liked the "B" video, very informative about aircraft testing- the F/A 18 SH pilot was very good. But my highlight was the last speaker- A captain in the IN who is a test pilot for N-LCA, it was really strange to see how self crtitising he was about the N-LCA, but he spoke the truth and it was very good because it didn't feel like a sales pitch. Also he gave some good updates on the status of the N-LCA program as a whole including the SBTF in Goa.

Trainer aircraft Pilatus set to make its Aero India debut - Bangalore - DNA

Aero India 2013, which is to be held in a months’ time at the Air Force Station Yelahanka, is expected to see quite a few aircraft making their debut at the air show. Among them will be the Pilatus IAF PC-7 MkII Basic Trainer Aircraft which will be inducted into the Indian Air Force later this year.

“The Pilatus will be present at Aero India 2013. At the show, a largescale model of the IAF PC-7 MkII basic trainer aircraft will be showcased in the company’s chalet,” Pilatus Aircraft Limited Officials told DNA. The single-engine turboprop aircraft IAF PC-7 MkII upon its induction into the air force will be used to train rookie pilots.

For the last couple of years, the Air Force’s training process at the entry level in the academies has affected as there has been no basic trainer. HPT-32 Deepak which had for decades serving as the basic trainer at the air force academy has been grounded after a crash in 2009. In place of the HPT-32 Deepak, rookie pilots are trained on the Kiran Mk II aircraft.

Following this, India had signed a contract with Switzerland based Pilatus Aircraft Limited for the delivery of 75 basic trainer aircraft to the Indian Air Force. “The deliveries and handover of the first PC-7 MkII trainer aircraft to the Indian Air Force will commence in Q1 2013. The fast-tracked programme is well on schedule and the first IAF instructor pilots have already completed their aircraft conversion course in Switzerland with technician training to be carried out in early 2013,”added officials.

At Aero India 2013, which is to be held between February 6 and 10, the Swiss aircraft manufacturer will also have the turbine-powered business aircraft Pilatus PC-12 NG on static display. The Swiss aircraft manufacturer has sold more than PC-12 NG 1200 aircraft across the world and is sued for executive transport, cargo, air ambulance, airline and government special mission applications.

HAL to unveil armed Rudra helicopter at Aero India 2013 - Army Technology

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is planning to unveil an armed variant of its Rudra advanced light helicopter (ALH) at the forthcoming Aero India Exhibition, which is scheduled to be held in February 2013 in Bangalore, India.
Fully designed and manufactured by HAL, the latest version features an array of new weapon systems, such as 20mm turreted gun, 70mm rocket pods and air-to-air combat missiles.
Commenting on the helicopter, HAL chairman RK Tyagi was quoted by The Times of India as saying that the helicopter's combat capability has been augmented through integration of electronic warfare suite and counter-measure devices, such as flares and chaffs dispensers.
"Sighting systems, such as electro-optical pod and helmet-pointing systems, have been integrated to augment target aiming capabilities," Tyagi added.
Also known as ALH-WSI, the helicopter has already proven its performance and firing capabilities during extensive flight trials, and is currently awaiting initial operational clearance (IOC), which is expected to be awarded shortly.

"Initial deliveries of Rudra to the army are planned in this fiscal year," Tyagi said.
Due to advanced self-defence and protection suite, the helicopter is expected to be used for several armed and unarmed missions, including heliborne assault, logistic support, reconnaissance, casualty evacuation, anti-tank warfare, close air support, and anti-submarine warfare and anti-surface vessel (ASV) operations.
Powered by two Shakti engines, the Rudra is an armed variant of the Dhruv ALH and is designed to carry out both utility and attack missions in the battlefield.
The multi-mission helicopter is equipped with forward-looking infrared (FLIR) and thermal imaging sights interface, integrated defensive aids suite (IDAS) with electronic warfare self-protection, anti-tank guided missiles and automatic flight control system to improve the army's aerial firepower capabilities.

HAL to unveil armed Rudra helicopter at Aero India 2013 - Army Technology

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is planning to unveil an armed variant of its Rudra advanced light helicopter (ALH) at the forthcoming Aero India Exhibition, which is scheduled to be held in February 2013 in Bangalore, India.

Show something new dude, I see this black bird every now and then. It won't be surprise for me... :P

It is mandatory for visitors to carry original Govt. issued valid card (Passport, Voter ID, Driving License, Govt ID), photo ID, details of which are provided at the time of online registration, to the venue.

1.Tickets for Aero India 2013 will be sold from selected banks. Details will be intimated later through newspaper advertisements and website.

TIMINGS FOR GENERAL VISITORS :

February 6, 2013 1400 hrs to 1700 hrs
February 7, 2013 1000 hrs to 1700 hrs
February 8, 2013 1000 hrs to 1700 hrs
February 9, 2013 1000 hrs to 1700 hrs
February 10, 2013 1000 hrs to 1700 hrs

2. Entry gates will open one hour before the show timings.

3. Entry will be given against valid photo ID only.

(A) Show your Unique registration ID number
(B) Bring your ID (Passport, Voter ID, Driving License, Govt ID).
(C) Collect your entry pass.

4. All General Visitors will be required to undergo security check. Kindly co-operate.

5. The ticket will be non-transferable

6. Please carry your registration id and / or proof of online payment to facilitate issue of ticket.

7. Food items will not be allowed.

8. Following items will not be permitted: Firearms, weapons, knives (including pocket knives & multi tools), replica or toy weapons, laser pointers, packets of any kind.

9. Free entry for children below 4 years.

10. The Organisers reserve the right to deny access to any individual.

11. Ticket Cost per person per day :

Exhibition Area with Air Display (Valid for all areas excluding chalets – weekdays) INR 2000/- and US $35
Exhibition Area with Air Display (Valid for all area excluding chalets & ADVA) – on weekend INR 1000/- and US $30

Here is the website where you can register to attend the event if you are interested.
https://www.aeroindia.in/GeneralVisitorExhibitionRegistration.aspx

Aero India 2013, which is to be held in february from 6th to 10th at the Air Force Station Yelahanka, is
expected to see quite a few aircraft making their
debut at the air show.
So this thread is basically about aircraft makeing debut new contracts etc. Basically everything related to aero india 2013.
For now i know tejas mk1 lps 8 and
Pilatus IAF PC-7 MkII basic trainer aircraft going to make debut...

+ DHRUV WSI will be a highlight. I'm also interested in seeing some snaps if the IAF GARUDS. A little disappointed about this aspect of AI 2011, I am told the GARUDS took a much more low key approach and remained more unseen than at previous events.

I also enjoy the Aero India conference that goes on a few days before the air show- always a good time to get some in-depth info in certain projects. Last edition's highlight for me was the talk by the IN lead test pilot on the LCA program. A very informative and well executed talk on the N-LCA program's upcoming hurdles and milestones.

+ anyone planning to go?

+ DHRUV WSI will be a highlight. I'm also interested in seeing some snaps if the IAF GARUDS. A little disappointed about this aspect of AI 2011, I am told the GARUDS took a much more low key approach and remained more unseen than at previous events.

I also enjoy the Aero India conference that goes on a few days before the air show- always a good time to get some in-depth info in certain projects. Last edition's highlight for me was the talk by the IN lead test pilot on the LCA program. A very informative and well executed talk on the N-LCA program's upcoming hurdles and milestones.

+ anyone planning to go?

I'm going. Any one planning a meet?

Good to hear that. I also wanted to go, but no one I know wanted to go to Bangalore and I dont want to go alone :(

Make some photos and post them here, especially the Garud commandos if you see them ;)

+ anyone planning to go?

Can you enlighten us more?? i mean info which you got. :) :)

Yap i m planning to go. Let see. Finger crossed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you guys click as many pics as possible of the Garud Commandos, LCH and ALH WSI?

+ @indian_foxhound what info would you like sir?

"A very informative and well executed talk on the N-LCA program's
upcoming hurdles and milestones" one this... please. ya ill b putting pics... can you ask mod to convert it into sticky threads

Can you guys click as many pics as possible of the Garud Commandos, LCH and ALH WSI?

+ @indian_foxhound what info would you like sir?

Please dont call me sir i m very new and junior

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom