What's new

Featured Advanced Obstacle Course/Race for PACES

Metal 0-1

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I was wondering if our troops are capable of running through advanced obstacle course(Just wanted to stir up the hornets nest of old guys of PDF) which comprise of physical and logical hurdles as well.

Take this as a suggestion. Add a course like this in PACES and see the magic happen... This will take this
to next level....

If they can why LCB was not able to keep up with KASOTC most events which consist of ruining and gunning.(Again want to stir up hornets nest).

Jokes Aside we need more participation in KASOTC and similar events....They are very helpful in training, testing and pitching special units against different units around the world. They helpful in giving information what skills and equipment different units use. What are the shortcomings. Et cetra

Last edited:
I was wondering if our troops are capable of running through advanced obstacle course(Just wanted to stir up the hornets nest of old guys of PDF) which comprise of physical and logical hurdles as well.

Take this as a suggestion. Add a course like this in PACES and see the magic happen... This will take this
to next level....

If they can why LCB was not able to keep up with KASOTC most events which consist of ruining and gunning.(Again want to stir up hornets nest).

Jokes Aside we need more participation in KASOTC and similar events....They are very helpful in training, testing and pitching special units against different units around the world. They helpful in giving information what skills and equipment different units use. What are the shortcomings. Et cetra

I have seen you make this point in quite a few places. Let me suggest an alternate explanation. What you shared above on the advanced obstacle courses, every single unit line has these set up in Pakistan. That is not the purpose of PACES. The idea behind PACES was to focus on the most commonly used physical movements in actual combat conditions based on our own experiences of the past 16+ years in the GWOT. What was found by the IGT&E branch was that when units were taken from their peacetime locations and put in hot zones (e.g. FATA), the routine physical agility and exercises in the shape of military assault courses were not addressing the needs of the units in tough terrain and conditions.

This is what brought about the concept of PACES. Overly complex assault courses and shooting ranges are fine for small outfits, police units, but training infantry at scale requires basic movements and body mechanics (that are used repeatedly in high stress, combat situations) to be the focus.

We have had some very decent representation from the Western armies @ PACES and as we say in the vernacular "in kay chakkay choot gai" in these competitions.

An LCB detachment not doing well @ KASOTC could be on account of many reasons. It could be an outlier of a performance as well as our units have been quite competitive in most of the competitions we have participated in.

However, I do agree with you that PACES must go through constant evolution and inshallah we will see that.

@ KASOTC could be on account of many reasons. It could be an outlier of a performance as well as our units have been quite competitive in most of the competitions we have participated in.

That's why we need more representations at KASOTC and other competitions....

However, I do agree with you that PACES must go through constant evolution and inshallah we will see that.

InshAllah

Oh no we the Uncles of 1980 Long Course know what is best for PA no one can tell us other wise.

Ahh we dont have money. Ahhh we don't need it.

to next level....

Oh no we the Uncles of 1980 Long Course know what is best for PA no one can tell us other wise.

Ahh we dont have money. Ahhh we don't need it.

We don't have the money.

We have different priorities we want to buy biggest bang for the buck. Not this silly..

Back
Top Bottom