What's new

Advanced JF-17 versions coming, 10 years after service entry

this solidifies the news in the urdu paper about Blk3 being unveiled this year! Fingers crossed it will be dynamite.

The confidence in block III is so high that I don't think PAF is thinking to procure another platform before going to 5th gen ac
Even it was stated in senate (after f16 episode) that now Pakistan will acquire fighter jets from Russia /France).but no progress til date.
My concern is....for a fighter we depend so much upon....and a fighter which has to face high tech enemies like rafale flankers and may be f16 or gripen can we depend only on Chinese tech?

block-iii and jf-17B will given a new life line to thunder project
jf-17B will b like a LIFT aircraft
&
block-iii will reduce on dependency on western aircrafts

The confidence in block III is so high that I don't think PAF is thinking to procure another platform before going to 5th gen ac
Even it was stated in senate (after f16 episode) that now Pakistan will acquire fighter jets from Russia /France).but no progress til date.
My concern is....for a fighter we depend so much upon....and a fighter which has to face high tech enemies like rafale flankers and may be f16 or gripen can we depend only on Chinese tech?
If Chinese can face US, why we cannot face india with Chinese top tech? do we have any option.

If Chinese can face US, why we cannot face india with Chinese top tech? do we have any option.
Dear Chinese tech is more or less near to US one if not equal, morover they have advantage of quantity which we do not have. We have our own handicaps major one lack of resources. We can compete with India only on basis of quality.

The sane option is to go for hybrid of Chinese/Western tech at affordable level. I.e already Spanish based EW suit/or some components are in use with JF17 block-ii, similarly after development of WS13 better version we may go for it in case of JF17 block 3 meanwhile Vixen 1000 with inbuilt IRST may prove to be much better option. Similarly Western origin HMDS and HOBS may be from RSA can be considered.

One respected member gave remarks that Vixen is an older radar which is amusing for me as the little info availble on net it is evident that it is far better in range and performance from KLJ7A as it is in infancy stage. We due to our past experiences may get JV in medium term in case of Vixen radar and if chosen on large scale may get tailor made version along with other gadgets which are still underdevelopment by our Chinese friends.

Further KLJ7A may be used to upgrade our previous blocks Jets along with installation on export oriented version.

Dear Chinese tech is more or less near to US one if not equal, morover they have advantage of quantity which we do not have. We have our own handicaps major one lack of resources. We can compete with India only on basis of quality.

The sane option is to go for hybrid of Chinese/Western tech at affordable level. I.e already Spanish based EW suit/or some components are in use with JF17 block-ii, similarly after development of WS13 better version we may go for it in case of JF17 block 3 meanwhile Vixen 1000 with inbuilt IRST may prove to be much better option. Similarly Western origin HMDS and HOBS may be from RSA can be considered.

One respected member gave remarks that Vixen is an older radar which is amusing for me as the little info availble on net it is evident that it is far better in range and performance from KLJ7A as it is in infancy stage. We due to our past experiences may get JV in medium term in case of Vixen radar and if chosen on large scale may get tailor made version along with other gadgets which are still underdevelopment by our Chinese friends.

Further KLJ7A may be used to upgrade our previous blocks Jets along with installation on export oriented version.
Some chinese, but Indigenous tech is the Ideal.

this solidifies the news in the urdu paper about Blk3 being unveiled this year! Fingers crossed it will be dynamite.
no block 3 wont be unvweiled before ideas 2018..we will se a model definitely as 2019 manufacturing will begin for block 3 and hopefully we will se first squadron in end 2019 or start 2020

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom